Pages: [1]

CLOSED At-Vote Amendment Act

Wuufu
  • Citizen
    Title
    1. This Act shall be titled as the At-Vote Amendment Act.

Amendments
    2. A new Section, numbered Section 8, is to be added under the Title of 'Underhusen Procedure', which is to read as follows:
    8. A bill that is presently at vote may have an amendment to the bill proposed.
          (a) This proposal must reproduce the full text of the bill.
                 (i) If deletions are made, the amended sections of the bill must be struck through.
                 (ii) If additions are made, the amended sections of the bill must be bolded.
                 (iii) If text is replaced altogether, it may simply be bolded, as if only additions were made; there is no need to have both the deleted text and its replacement visible in this amended bill.
          (b) After the proposal of the amendment, Skrifa may vote on the bill and the amendment separately.
                 (i) The Speaker may veto any amendments proposed on the grounds of vexatiousness.
                 (ii) If, after the proposal of an amendment, a Skrifa articulates only a single vote, it shall be considered to be directed towards the original form of the bill, and they will be considered to have voted 'Nay' on the amendment.
                 (iii) Skrifa who had previously voted on the bill prior to the introduction of the amendment need not necessarily vote on the amendment; they will be considered to have abstained by default unless they subsequently amend their votes.
                 (iv) If, after two days, a majority has not been reached on the amendment, and the Speaker has not vetoed the amendment, Skrifa who had voted on the bill prior to the amendment must re-register their vote to take the amendment into account.
          (c) A variety of outcomes may then occur depending on the results of the vote.
                 (i) If the original bill passes, but the amendment does not, only the text of the original bill will be considered legal.
                 (ii) If the amended bill passes, but the original bill does not, the amended bill will be directed to the Overhusen to determine the outcome.
                 (iii) If both the original bill and the amendment pass, the amended bill will be considered to have primacy, and accordingly will be the only bill of the two directed to the Overhusen to determine the outcome.

3. All subsequent sections shall be re-numbered accordingly.
    Peers (myself, @Wintermoot, @Aragonn, @Cinciri and @trader) may now vote Aye, Nay, or may Abstain from voting.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 08:56:37 AM by Wuufu »
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wuufu
  • Citizen
  • This vote is closed because Underhusen Procedure amendments automatically pass in the Underhusen.
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]