Pages: [1]

The Werewolf Compendium (In Progress)

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • So one of my campaign promises this term as your Thane of Werewolf was to make a Compendium; a one-stop place for people involved with Werewolf, be they potential hosts, current or potential players, and the like.  This thread will be to answer questions as to what the site will be about as well as updating it when the site is open for navigation.  So let's begin!

What is the Werewolf Compendium?
    As mentioned, it's a one-stop place for all things Werewolf/Mafia.  There'll be different sections that have different guides on the game.   Roles, common rules, templates for hosts, there'll be sections for all of those and more that can be found, all just a couple of clicks away (one click for the portal, one click for the section of choice on the homepage).  It's something that will always be updated when new theme/role/gameplay/rules arise.

This sounds like a huge undertaking, will you get it accomplished in just this term?
    Heavens no.  My goal for this term is to get the groundwork laid out and get the ball rolling on it.  I know in no way will I get it 100% complete by the end of the term, because it'll be a lot of work.  But my goal is to at least get the beginning guide sections (there's currently 3) mostly done since those won't be something that's updated often unless it's to make changes/fix typos.

But all that work, aren't you afraid of getting burnt out?!
    Sure I am, which is why I'll be doing it in strides rather than throwing everything at it all at once.  I'll spend a a couple weeks on setting up the layout itself to meet my standards (which are pretty high since I want it to be as easily accessible/viewable as possible), and I'll spend a week per section depending on the work it requires (or 2 if it's a heavier section).  After I finish a section, I'll take a week to relax and then begin working on the next section either after I feel ready or after that week is up (whichever comes first).  That way, I won't get burned out since I'll be balancing the work with winding down time, which will also make it a breeze to focus on any other government jobs if I were to successfully get into the UH.

What sections are there?
    At the moment, the sections I have listed are: Page Portal (the entrance portal to the site), Main page where updates will be posted when sections are done/updated, What is Werewolf? which will give a brief history and explanation of the game, Common Player/Game terms that explains terms such as "Scum" that you might hear in places such as Mafia Universe, How to Play the Game which is basically a beginner guide based off of DekuNut's guide, How to Host the Game which will give aspiring hosts an idea of how to run a game with template ideas as well, Common Rules and Tips which will talk about how to create your rules for effective games (as well as a list of rules for games and how they can help/hurt the game), Creating a Theme which goes into detail as to how to create your game theme (as well as give a continuous list of theme ideas that hosts can use), Choosing your Roles which goes into detail about how to establish your roles for the game you're hosting (as well as a continuous list of roles and how they can help/break the balance in your games), Tweaking the Gameplay Which will talk about the perks/consequences of altering your games beyond the normal nature of Werewolf (as well as giving ideas of gameplay tweaks that can hurt/help the game), and finally One Night Werewolf which goes into detail about the differences in this game compared to normal Werewolf and how it can be an extremely effective game anywhere.

I also am thinking about adding a section for Drawing Interest: Getting your Players that gives potential hosts ideas of how to hook in new interested players as well as how to make games that will keep players interested until the end.

That sounds like a lot of work! Can I do anything to help?
    Absolutely! If you have ideas for the Theme/Roles/Rules/Gameplay sections, I'd always love to hear them.  Likewise, if you have experience with Werewolf and want to help out with writing up guides, that's also definitely appreciated.  I plan on this being a guide-to-end-guides to Werewolf, and before you ask: no, it won't be limited to just Wintreath.  Once this is finished, this is going to be a guide that I'd want to see everywhere where the game is played.  I want it to be something that anyone can turn to and be like "Hey, that game seems interesting!" and join in or host one themselves.

What if I'm not good with ideas?  Is there some kind of monetary way I can help, like donating to upkeep the site?
    It's a lovely thought, but no.  Unless the Compendium becomes super popular/too big and weighed down in terms of throttling speed on its current server, I plan on it being a 100% free project.  Currently I'm using Wix and they've been exceptional in what they allow for free.  So again, unless that changes or the Compendium becomes popular or colossal enough to warrant keeping it on a much heftier type of page, it's going to remain 100% free to keep updated.

If anything, one thing that I always look forward to when I'm working is music.  If you have any recommendations (keep in mind that I listen to a lot of: Video Game music, Trance/Techno, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classical, New Age (mainly Enya in this category)).  If you have artists or songs to recommend in those categories that I can add to my ever expanding playlist, it's always appreciated.

I also greatly appreciate video game recommendations.  At the moment, I'd be mainly looking for older games (so 360, PS2, and older), free ones (mobile or PC)...basically ones that won't require a gaming PC since the laptop I use is both an intel processor and graphics card.  Anything you think I'd enjoy (I appreciate all games except sports, FPS/TPS outside of Wolfenstein, Doom, and Half Life), I'd greatly enjoy the recommendations since I'm always looking to expand my gaming horizons in my down time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The link to the entrance portal can be found here.  Once I get a couple of sections completed, I'll open it up for browsing.  In the meantime, stay tuned for any updates!

And on that note, at the moment there is nothing of value to report.  The section list has been created to link to each of the different pages, but I'm currently working on layout ideas and the overall look so that it'll look nice when you navigate.

If anyone has any ideas for the Compendium that they want to share, this thread will remain open for people to post their ideas.
    5 people like this post: taulover, Red Mones, Hydra, Gerrick, Imaginative Kane
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 10:57:02 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria