Pages: [1]

Pengu Promises Pineapple Pie

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction

• Now that I have your attention, I'm sure that you've seen that I'm running for the Delegacy (not to be confused with Delicacy).

Now, you may have been hoping to avoid another typical mouthing off/boasting about a list of credentials, so I'll keep it brief.  Since my time here on Wintreath, I've been all over the board in our political system from being a Jarl, as well as being a part of both the UH and OH.

What you may not know, however, is that I've been with Nationstates for 13 years and 96 days as of writing this.  You may be asking how this is relevant to anything, and I'm glad you asked!  It's actually not relevant, I just wanted to let you know.  We can celebrate with drinks at the Frostbite Tavern (your treat, of course), or in the Palais de Penguon (my treat, since I like...own the bar there).  I like fruity drinks, not too strong, and I don't care for shots.

And god help you if you buy me a beer, because I detest beer.

Now...where was I?  Oh, right, the campaigning thing.  So you may be asking "What makes you a better choice than our current and re-running delegate, BraveSirRobin?"

I'm glad you asked, because I actually never liked this question.  First off, BraveSirRobin has been a fine delegate so far, and I always appreciate his efforts he puts into the role.  My running has nothing to do with feeling that I'm a "better" choice, but simply a "different" one.  I always appreciate a change up in the role of delegate, and I simply would like a shot at it and earn some experience in the role...getting a better feel of Wintreath the Region (something I feel I've never really actually done before outside of the forums).

If you choose to go with the current delegate, that's completely cool since it's a role he's already used to, and he does a good job with it.  However, if you'd like to change up the role of delegate and experience someone different in the role, then I encourage you to vote "Pengu" in the polls.

Oh, and since I promised it:

*The "Pengu Promises Pineapple Pie promotion was proudly perpetrated by the Popping Purple Populace of the Peppy Peaceful People of Pepperton.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:21:46 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Thanks for posting a campaign...pineapple pie is a really tempting thing. :D

What do the nations in our region want from their government?

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Well, to be blunt outside of the cabinet, they want it to have more of a purpose outside of just being.  From what I've gathered from comments I've read, that's the biggest consensus so far.  People don't have faith in our government because they see it as just there...serving no real function.

Achieving that goal of serving a purpose, that's a consistent and ongoing battle.  But it is one that's possible...whether that means just getting the right people, or, getting into the discussion that keeps people awake: reforming the style of our government.

It's just a goal we have to work together to achieve.  But once it is achieved (how ever we decide to approach it), then that should solve a lot of problems people see.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • That seems more an issue for the Storting. :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • That seems more an issue for the Storting. :P

It is, but that's generally the main area of concern for people.  When it comes to the Cabinet specifically, I don't think there's necessarily a specific want outside of them overall just wanting to have Jarls that actually care about the region to where it reflects in what they do.

Which in that sense, at least personally I believe we're achieving that since I haven't heard anything whatsoever in thr complaints area for the Cabinet...whereas I know at least from our continued activity in their areas that people are at least giving an idea that they're content.

But as a government in whole...they just want a government that is doing something and at least has the region's best interests at heart...which again I believe at least one third of the equation is achieving that.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation