Pages: [1]

FAILED (0-5-0) Prohibition on Citizenship within the New Pacific Order

Wuufu
  • Citizen
    Title
    1. This act is to be cited as the Prohibition on Citizenship within the New Pacific Order.

Amendments
    2. Section 2.1 of the Citizenship and Demonym Act is amended to read as follows:
    Citizens are required to keep the nation with which they gained citizenship within the region unless they inform the person or agency empowered to accept or reject citizenship applications (per relevant law) of any desired change in citizenship nation. Citizens that have made five (5) posts on the Wintreath forums during the previous calendar month, after their second month of citizenship, are exempted from this requirement. Any individual wishing to obtain citizenship must have a nation within the region to qualify for citizenship. No current citizen of the New Pacific Order is eligible for Citizenship within the realm.
    Peers (myself, @Wintermoot, @Aragonn, @Cinciri and @trader) may now vote Aye, Nay, or may Abstain from voting.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 07:29:23 PM by Wuufu »
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    trader
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath's Unofficial Official Merchant
  • Nay.

In line with what Wintermoot said in the Citizens Platform post about this, I don't feel that Wintreath should get involved with these matters and should try to maintain neutrality. Heck, even trying to enforce this law in the niche scenarios it might matter would be difficult, and I would imagine there are better (or generally more effective) actions we could take in those situations.
    Remember, there is no reason to panic, nothing is on fire.
    trader
    • Wintreath's Unofficial Official Merchant
    • Mercury 'trader' Kestar
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Nay, for the reasons I posted in the Citizen's Platform.

When did this become a thing again? ;-;

Personally, I think Wintreath should strive for neutrality in this "war". I understand that many of the regions that declared war on the NPO have legitimate causes to, especially the GCRs that the NPO attempted to subvert. But I don't see any reason for us to get involved one way or the other, except perhaps to score brownie points with regions at war with the NPO, which alone should not be a factor in changing our Citizenship policy. There isn't even a practical reason to prohibit Citizenship, as only one person from the NPO has ever applied for Citizenship here, which is what led to the last prohibition being dropped.
    1 person likes this post: Treeguard

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Nay. Ignoring purely the basis of neutrality, I believe that this might be a breech on the message of Wintreath as I interpret it, that we are open and accepting to all, provided they behave in their time here. War or not, allow us to remain open, without taking sides.
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    Cinciri
    • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wuufu
  • Citizen
  • Nay. I will side with Wintermoot's reasoning on this, and note that should the issues change, the Monarch can decide to take a side through Royal Decree.

With that, given that there are four votes against, I declare this act has FAILED to pass the Overhusen. I'll leave it open until this evening in case @Aragonn wishes to vote.
    2 people like this post: Laurentus, Treeguard
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:52:58 AM by Wuufu »
    Wuufu
    • Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • It's pretty much a half ass stopgap that would be ineffective against anything already in progress anyway. Just for symbolism, I vote Nay.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]