Pages: 1 [2]

The Robin Steak Fry

HannahB
  • Former Citizen
  • Nuclear Soldermancer
    Good evening candidates and welcome to the Harkin Robin Steak Fry!  Today we have assembled a group of the finest Underhusen candidates in the land to tell all you guests about their platforms, goals for this session of the Underhusen, and vision for Wintreath as a whole in the future, near and far.  The questions are as follows:

1. Before we get into the real meat of this event, I wanted to ask all of you—what make you decide to run for the Underhusen?  What do you think the main goal of this session of the legislature should be? 
    I feel that my voice would be good to be heard in the UH, as well as I want to use it to be something to get back into being active in the region. I understand that this could be construed as a more self centered view to have, but it is my honest reason.

2. Recently there has been a large amount of confusion surrounding the introduction of an Open Assembly, a goal that the previous two Underhusen sessions have attempted, with the latest session even sending an Amendment to the Fundamental Laws to the population for ratification.  Here, it was discovered that many citizens in fact did not like the Open Assembly Amendment in its current form.  How do you, a candidate for the Underhusen, propose better involving the citizenry before a ratification vote?
    I hope and plan to run many polls, checks and external votes both on the RMB and here about many of the steps of the way, I don't know if this would be the best way, but I am fine cajoling people into speaking their mind.

3. As we all know, for an organism to remain successful and prosperous, it must expand.  What do you believe is the best way to catalyse growth and the expansion of Wintreath within NationStates?  Are there strategies of other regions that you believe could be adopted by us to increase the success of our recruitment efforts? 
    I don't know much about other regions, Wintreath is where I am and I don't have citizenship anywhere else so can't really vouch for their systems... That being said I do still have ideas, a big one is to involve the RMB more in the regional forums, I know both me and others have tried to do this before and we have either failed or given up, but I think that with the current levels of sustained activity going on there creating more of a bridge between the forums and the NS side of things is a crucial point for the region.

4. What do you think the biggest problem Wintreath faces is at this point?

I wouldn't say Wintreath faces many problems, it is all round a very swell place; if I had to pick something though I would say we have become a more political region than I'm sure a lot of people would like, people have been playing close to their chests and some have been burned, I love the community here and want to see it carry on, we don't have to be something big, something new, I think this community could do well on it's own and I would like to try to further that ideal.

5. Who is your favourite politician from history?
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

6. What is your favourite form of government?
    This is pretty tricky, where I normally fall on political spectrum and what I agree with most is usually a "social democracy" or "Liberalism" close to the center maybe slightly left... I do believe in democracy but I also believe that a solely democratic system has inherent flaws, that democracy is not the ultimate good some believe it to be, however I doubt I could come up with a much better system myself.

7. Are there any other questions that you believe candidates should answer?  As this is a more informal debate (it's a steak fry, after all) feel free to engage in debate, or productive discussion, with your fellow candidates and upstanding citizens of the Wintreath community!  :)
    I don't have any questions at this time, and if I did I would probably ask individuals... However in writing this I did come to one in mind, that I may ask later: "How would you like to see Wintreath change in the future" and my own answer to the question would be: not much at all, I love it as is. :)

8. And now, arguably the most important question of them all—how would you like your steak?
    Rare, thank you! ^-^
    2 people like this post: Michi, BraveSirRobin
    HannahB
    • Nuclear Soldermancer
    • "You can not fight for Peace, you can only fight for War"
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Everden
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Ooh Cicero... he was certainly an interesting one!! :)
    1 person likes this post: HannahB
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2]