Pages: 1 ... 19 [20] 21

From the Ashes: A Galactic Nations RP! (IC)

Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • IRW Venator Stellarum, in orvit around Avon

Councilor Irk Flowchaser

He grabbed his belt and pulled it out, holding the blade facing towards himself, intending to plunge it into Kir's chest. Spare her now, before she woke up. As he was raising the knife, he was hit by Gela's disruptor bolt and was knocked out cold.

Avon, SHACom, Southern Gennevik Valley Defense Base

Brigadier Max Danza

Goddamn, things were heating up. In all the time Max Danza had lived with the Avonites, even with the war, this was busy. All units on standby? On Avon? Avon? What the heck was going up in the North? He took a drink as he considered his options. Max, son of Wintrean immigrants, back when there was immigration...and when anyone even wanted to immigrate to Avon, had always felt some fondness for his home people. Being a pure Wintrean among Avonites was interesting. A Colonel knocked on his door, saluted and spoke. "Sir, message for you, straight from the Council. On the encrypted landline. Your eyes only." General Danza nodded and took the message, dismissing the Colonel. He opened the message quizzically, tilting his head as he read it. The contents shook him. He called his aide de camp. "Get everybody on immediate standby, now. Also, track the current location of a Romulan ship in our atmosphere, around the Hahsah region, but do not fire without orders from me and me alone. Understand?" He read the message again.

<<BURST MESSAGE. CO SHACOM, B.GEN DANZA, MAX DELAHUNT. GENERAL, AVON GOVERNMENT UNDER ATTACK, INDUSTRIES SPIRIT ATTACKED. SITUATION HIGHLY CHAOTIC. COUNCILOR ART MARSHWALKER CONFIRMED DECEASED. COUNCILORS KIR DARKCLOAK AND IRK FLOWCHASER MIA, PRESUMED CAPTURED. ALL ORDERS TO COME FROM COUNCILORS DES SKYFLYER AND JAN LIGHTBRINGER ONLY.

REPEAT, DISREGARD ALL ORDERS FROM KIR DARKCLOAK AND IRK FLOWCHASER. PRESUME BOTH TO BE COLLABORATING WITH ENEMY.

ARREST DARKCLOAK AND FLOWCHASER IF POSSIBLE. KILL ALL CAPTORS, REGARDLESS IF THEY SURRENDER OR NOT. TAKE NO PRISONERS OTHER THAN DARKCLOAK AND FLOWCHASER. ENEMY IS BELIEVED TO BE ROMULAN IN NATURE, ENEMY SHIP SPOTTED AT HAHSAH REGION. PROCEED AS NECESSARY TO REACQUIRE DARKCLOAK AND FLOWCHASER.

AUTH CODE: 66378 (DEVOTED PIETY)
    JAN LIGHTBRINGER>>

Damn..... this was really fucked.....

Industries Spirit, Palace of Justice building, Hgh Court Chamber

Jan Lightbringer

Des Skyflyer walked into the room with about 7 of her most trusted men and Yul Deacon. That was fine, since Jan had brought Dar Malediction and a bunch of Vigilants. Ironic that this would happen in the High Court, the one place supposed to watch the Government, now a ruin like so much else in the Enclave. Jan had to use more effort to convince himself to carry on more and more everyday....

"So, I'm here Jan. What do you want to talk about?" Des spoke. Jan cleared his throat and rolled his neck.

"I know it was you, Des." "What did I do, Jan?" "Everything." Jan took a step forward as nervous soldiers watched him. "Art? The merc? The attack? All you. And can I prove it? No, but that doesn't matter, I have the Army with me." Des's face was totally stoic. Yul, on the other hand, was sweating. "I could kill you. Say you fought the guards. Died in the firefight. But I do not want to do that Des. I want your help. You've heard about the Romulans?" Des nodded. "Good. They are here. Enough shady shit has gone down that we can blame entirely on them. Art, Irk and Kir, where ever they are. And now, a whole fleet just arrived here in Avonite Space. Enough of a reason to go to war, I think." He pointed at Des. "You will join forces with me and we will crush the Romulans together. I already have a plan to get help from Wintreath. If you refuse, I will crush you. Work with me and live." He signaled Dar and shots rang out from behind Des. More came from outside as the rest of Des's men were killed. Only Yul and Des were spared. Des was still stoic and Yul looked like a whore in church. "So, Des, what do you say? Hero or casualty?"

Des narrowed her eyes. "You're not even curious why?" Jan smiled, turned and punched Yul in the face. "I do not care why. You are irrelevant. He is irrelevant. I should kill you but you are more valuable alive. Do. Not Push. Me." Des smiled.

"The Conclave jailed me. Tortured me for years. Yul was there. He spoke out against corruption in the Conclave and....disappeared for it. They have a special way, Jan, of breaking you. You think your broken and then they find a new way to destroy your soul. Yul was the only thing that kept me......sane. We showed each other humanity. After 6 years the only people we saw was each other and the guards. One time, I forget when, they drugged our food all the time, we woke up tied to chairs facing each other. His right hand untied. Revolver taped to it. One energy round inside. Our torturer was there. He told us he would hurt me, badly, unless Yul killed me. If Yul shot himself or the torturer, it would be even worse. The only mercy would come from my death. He beat me. Cut me. Burnt me. Hurt me...." Yul's eyes were glassed over. "Yul could not bring himself to shot me. For 16 hours, I was tortured. They called Yul weak. Pathetic. Cowarldy. But that day, I learned something. Something that stuck with me." Des looked at Jan. Her face was stoic but her eyes...her eyes. They showed nothing. Only death and insanity.

"We are not good people. The Avonites. We deserve death. The Conclave. The Shepards Church. The Enclave. Each and every single one of us must die. And as long as I draw breath, they will die. All of them. They will feel my pain. This whole thing? A chance to take control and cause more pain. But I'm not needed anymore. You.....you will be much better at bringing pain and destruction than I can ever be." Jan stared, dumbfounded. "I'm sorry, Des. I misjudged you. I thought you were greedy and ambitious. I was wrong. I'm sorry for your pain, Des." Des nodded. "One favour, Jan? Please, make it quick for me and Yul." Jan smiled and shook his head. "I'm not killing you, Des. I still need you. Besides, a war?" he smiled. "What better way to bring suffering?" Des looked confused before she burst out laughing. "I was wrong to, Jan. You're not half the bastard I thought you were." She stuck her hand out to shake and as Jan took it said,

"Your twice the bastard we all are."
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Hydra
  • Former Citizen
  • Hail Hydra!
  • Donna Leonard - Diplomat Convoy to Romulans
    IRW Pevatha
    Romulan Border Zone

Wow! This Romulan Ale — there's nothing like it back at home! Donna thought. As Commander Tovanus rambled on about the Romulan's culinary pieces, she started getting a little tipsy. Her heart raced slightly faster, her eyes widened, and she had a huge smile plastered on her face. She wasn't expecting a question for some time and didn't respond immediately. After a short pause, she attempted to collect herself. "Oh... yeah... well, we've got... we've got some things back on the sh... sh... ship."

She closed her eyes tightly, attempting to further collect her thoughts and sanity. What the hell am I doing? I've been given the opportunity to be the first person to meet the Romulans, and I'm blowing it sky high. I wonder what Commander Tovanus must think of me... Anyway, back to business...

Her eyelids slowly parted, her eyes filled with determination. "My! This Romulan Ale is delicious! Thank you for sharing! We did not bring much along for the ride, we do have a small selection of drinks and delicacies if you'd like a look. If all goes well, Lernaean delicacies will be here in no time! But for now... " Donna pulled out a small tablet, punched in some numbers, and pulled out a menu. "... take a look at whatever you'd like!"

Harriet Nicholson - Diplomatic Convoy to Wintreans
    Monarch's spaceport, Frosthold Planet
    Sector (-3, 3)

Harriet exited her ship followed by her ceremonial guards, greeted by the friendly Jarl Jensen who gave her the details on constructing an embassy. Upon receiving instructions, she relayed them to command and her workers to start moving materials and equipment towards the construction site.

Craig Smith - Diplomatic Convoy to Wintreans
    Protheus
    Sector (-18, 1)

Craig waited patiently as the Wintrean spacecraft slowly landed in the hanger. As the ramp lowered, he could see a figure step out, introducing herself as Øye. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with us on such a short notice," Øye said as she greeted the Lernaeans.

Craig nodded and responded, "Our pleasure!" trying to conceal as much of his excitement as possible. These were the original people! After exchanging pleasantries, he directed them towards a conference room and ordered up some refreshments.

Wallace White - Diplomat to Aesir
    Protheus
    Sector (-18, 1)

As Wallace relayed his news to command, he received some instructions as well. Command wanted him to see if they could construct an embassy in the Aesir Empire. He nodded to himself, picked up his tablet, and contacted Ambassador Herjall.
    « Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:04:43 PM by xXTheHydraXx »
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
    - Mae West
    Hydra
    • Hail Hydra!
    • I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Ambassador Herjall
    Protheus
    Sector (-18, 1)

The architects were hard at work, and the embassy already had its foundation laid by the time Herjall got the message from Wallace. She stepped back from overseeing the construction site to write a response saying she will relay his request. She then sent a request back home to know of when Brunnhilde is instated as Jarl.

Ambassador Ulfír
    Vivaldi
    Sector (-12, 24)

"Whichever can be arranged first. And I'm curious about something. What would be the proper tactical response to a siege of Vivaldi? What kind of defenses do you have?"

Jarl Brunnhilde
    AFS Jörmungandr
    Sector (-16, 14)

Once Lundgren was back aboard her ship, Brunnhilde made her way back to the bridge, arriving just after the Science and Avonite ambassadors.

"I apologise for everything which has happened here to delay you, but rest assured your standing with the Aesir has not changed. I do request that you keep your ships in formation with mine and the Wintrean ships as we make our approach to Drekiheimr. Will this be a problem?"
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • AFS Jörmungandr

Captain Kli Waverider

Kli followed the lizards to the bridge. He arrived first to see the human arrive. He did not recognize the man and did not know who it was. The new chief lizard....head lizard...what ever, Jarl woman thing came in. Reading a lizard was not easy under the best of circumstances, Kli had no idea what was going through her head.

"Yes, that would be agreeable, I'll just tell my XO to comply with your traffic controller." A few taps on his datapad. "I was hoping to have a dialogue with you..umm... I must confess, I am at a loss as to how to address you?"

Somewhere

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Knowledge....knowledge is power. 23 worlds fallen. Close to a million new fallen Avonites. But most important...knowledge. This Council... these five people... Art Marshwalker, Irk Flowchaser, Des Skyflyer, Kir Darkcloak, Jan Lightbringer.....mouthpieces.....if they could make them fall. They were the First but the rest.. the rest would fall. All fall. Yesss......Yesssssssss.......

Avonite Enclave, Outer planets, Tipfall, New West Falls

Bet Hacker

Bet looked at the carnage before him. Choas. The fuck was happening here? Tipfall was a quiet, unassuming colony. Defining characteristics, none. As boring as it got. That's why Bet loved it. Being a reporter in Tipfall was easy. Local man wins lottery...local man gets into fight....colonial governor says this....local feel good story...national news no one cares about. Easy work. This? Not so easy.....

He looked out the helicopter. Primitive form of transport but cheap at least. The town below him was another story. There was blood on the streets. Blood and.....black....ooze. People were walking...well, more like shambling, towards the town hall. He looked through his camera and zoomed in on one guy and almost immediately recoiled. Black... ooze...seeping out of his eyes, ears...nose. Skin white as snow...eyes blacked over....fissures on his skin? Spode, what the fuck was going on? He took as many pictures as he could, sending them back to his head office. They should know what to do with this....
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Damloth, Exodite Homeworld and Capital,
    Sector (-28, -3)

Keb Diden looked outside of his cell through the impact-proof reinforced glass window. Damloth, the birthplace of the Damli people and civilization as well as the capital of their interstellar empire, was a planet of incredible beauty. Canals of perfectly clear water meandered peacefully by meticulously kept gardens full of exotic flowers, expertly-crafted statues, wonderful fountains, and other works of art, all flanked by white marble roads and channels full of advanced technology. Within the cities were arenas, monasteries, bathhouses, brothels, restaurants, and all sorts of other amenities where every want could be satisfied and every need could be fulfilled, from the most sophisticated to the most base, at a moment's notice and free of charge (as merely being invited to Damloth was payment enough). In the clear blue skies, a distant constellation was visible; a grid of blinking star-like lights which could be seen even during midday. This was the network of orbital weather control stations, cleansing the planet of debris and pollution while keeping the weather calm - all by the brute force of nanobot storms and powerful solar lasers. A perfect metaphor for the stratocracy that rescued the Damli from their stagnant fate.

Such was the perfection of this planet, Keb noted with wry amusement, that even the prison cells on Damloth were downright luxurious compared to anything that he had ever seen: fine wall-to-wall decoration, a large bed made from some soft nanomaterial which felt like it was designed for comfort down to the molecule, speedy (if overly secure and terse) room service providing a menu which had everything on it but the attractive slave waitress, electronic screens on which Keb could read, listen, watch and play all sorts of diversions (whether childish, risqué, or sophisticated), toiletries with controls so complex and customizable that Keb was at first distressed by the idea of even attempting to take a shower here, and so on. Why, his prison cell even had a breathtaking view of the land, segmented as the sight was by a lattice of metal reinforcement over the already immensely thick armored glass.

Yet, imprisoned Keb was, and he did well not to forget it. For all it's luxury the Bastwaya, or "Citadel of Despair" (lovely name, that) was still a prison, for all the beauty and glory he witnessed he was still being held on Damloth against his will, and for all the "nice" treatment he was receiving he was still only here because someone high up in command, probably the Council of Seven themselves, determined Keb to be some sort of threat or that he deserved some kind of punishment. He often paced the finely-decorated carpet floor, thinking. Thinking was the only thing he could stomach doing, when every star, every flame, every electronic light suddenly felt hostile. As Keb thought and thought, he came to a few conclusions. He went over these conclusions while he sat in the shower, letting the hot water course through his lengthening black hair.
    So I am alive. Good. That means I have a good chance of staying that way. But what do they want from me? Do they wish to know what I know about those damn lizards? Are they going to punish me or force me to answer for what I did to Ledif? What will become of me after these things? What will become of Damli after these things?

While he pondered these questions, the doorbell sounded through the room. Keb pressed the intercom button.
    "Coming!"
    He quickly got dressed and went to see what it was. A large group of soldiers and a stern-looking fleet official were waiting for him at the door. Keb closed his eyes to listen to news that he already understood:
    "It is time. You have been summoned. Prepare yourself now."
    1 person likes this post: Commander_Zemas
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    From the Ashes NPC
  • Village Drifter
  • Tau's Puppet
  • Frosthold Castle
    Frostlake City, Frosthold Planet
    Sector (-3, 3)

"Sul Gravemind appears to have been murdered by a ceremonial ax. Perhaps by a vigilante?

"And the recording is from a surveillance camera. The Ecstatic was in my private spaceport at the time and appears to have been returning to the shuttle."

Romulan Occupation Command
    Trilia Scientific Research Station, Wintreath
    Sector (5, -6)

Dr. Lajunen continued quaking in fear.

Wintrean Diplomatic Convoy
    Protheus, Allied States of Lernaea
    Sector (-18, 1)

"Thank you for the refreshments," said Øye. "I'm glad that we've been able to get some diplomatic relations up and running, but Wintreath has recently experienced a serious crisis. We are now under invasion from the Acarians and Romulans."
    « Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:51:57 AM by From the Ashes NPC »
    From the Ashes NPC
    • Tau's Puppet
    • Village Drifter
    taulover
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Scientific Imperial Fleet Observation Task Force
    Vivaldi Spaceport
    Sector (-12, 24)

"We can go meet with the Government first, then," Mott said.

As he began making arrangements for such a meeting, he answered Ulfír's question. "As our capital, Vivaldi naturally has some of the Imperial Fleet and Army stationed here, though the majority of our defenses come from the Scientific Self-Defense Forces. We could easily field millions of troops in an initial defense to a surprise attack, a majority of them being droids, and could expand that to the billions over a longer period of time. Space defense comes from a large number of space stations, both orbiting planets and placed throughout the system, and some Fleet ships, including starfighters and drones.

"Of course, the nature of such a defense depends drastically on what is happening. In the event of a planetary blockade, for instance, we could run past the attackers and relocate government operations elsewhere while the siege continued. And with a large portion of our citizenry living and working in space, our people would not be trapped either, both in the short and long term. We would naturally defend as much as possible, but we will not rule out the obvious possibility of facing an enemy more powerful than us."

Diplomatic Mission to Aesir Empire
    AFS Jörmungandr
    Sector (-23, 14)

"Yes, that would be satisfactory," Glass responded. "We can indeed maintain formation."
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Frosthold Planet

Admiral Ark Innsmouth

"Ax?....Ceremonial Ax...."

Ark Innsmouth but his thumb claws in his belt. Reconciliators used daggers, Vigilants used swords....only Evangelicals used axes..... and there was only one Evangelical on this trip. The rest were Ecstatics since this was not a conversion expedition. But Yul Deacon? What did he have to do with this?

"I think I know who killed Sul Gravemind, Majesty. Rest assured, he will be dealt with. An internal religious conflict, I am sure." But, with everything going on, maybe not....

"But I would like to return to the salient point. A long time ago, we were allies. We had immigration and we worked together. We still have a sizable Wintrean population in our nation, some of our highest ranking government members are Wintreans. We have had a long and prosperous relationship and we would like to begin that relationship again, since now we have a common enemy, the Romulans. We are stronger together. So I would like to propose something. How about we, The Avonite Enclave, keep an embassy ship here. The Strawberry Swing is in orbit and has a diplomatic crew, I have also been empowered to become the Ambassador to Wintreath if it will please you, admittedly, I was approved by the....previous government and the next might want to replace me but until that happens, I will continue to do my job. Would this arrangement be agreeable to you?"
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Ambassador Ulfír
    Vivaldi Spaceport
    Sector (-12, 24)

"Are you not worried that some potential enemy might turn your drones against your forces?" the Ambassador asked Mott as he watched the man tap away at his device. "Surely you have some sort of failsafe for that."

Jarl Brunnhilde
    AFS Jörmungandr
    Sector (-16, 14)

"You may call me Jarl Brunnhilde or just by my title 'Jarl'," she told Kli as she took her place on the Captain's seat. "What is it you wish to say?"
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    Vivaldi Spaceport
    Sector (-12, 24)

"That is of course a possibility," Mott replied. "But our drones and droids are, in general, not directly controlled. Rather, each is an artificial intelligence capable of linking together to form a supercomputer. Orders could be hacked, but the same is true for human soldiers as well, so the solution there is a focus on cybersecurity, as well as ensuring a balance between obedience and semi-independence in both our artificial and organic troops.

"Ah, there we are," he remarked as a relatively large personal transport airspeeder arrived. He motioned for Ulfír to get on.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    From the Ashes NPC
  • Village Drifter
  • Tau's Puppet
  • Wintrean CIC
    Varno System
    Sector (6, -6)

Even as Løvstad brought the majority of the Wintrean forces into battle, surrounding the Acarian forces on all sides, they were still outnumbered. Not as hopelessly as the Acarians might have initially assumed, but still outnumbered.

Normally, this issue might be resolved with superior tactics, but even with the Acarians' blunder early on attempting encirclement, Løvstad did not have the advantage in that regard. He led a peacetime force, unready for war, only recently mobilized. His opponents, on the other hand, had come prepared for conquest, and had plenty of actual experience expanding their empire.

The Acarians chose to group together their ships, allowing the Wintreans to concentrate both their attacks and defenses into specific clusters. As the onslaught continued, however, the more prepared force began gaining the upper ground. As more and more Wintrean ships fell, Løvstad's mind increasingly strayed toward retreat.

"Interdiction field has dropped," a navigation officer reported.

Løvstad took a shaky breath. Of course, the Acarians had timed it perfectly, to encourage a retreat. "Order the remaining ships to destroy major major infrastructure and industrial facilities as they gather their forces and jump to pre-prepared hyperspace coordinates. We will rendezvous back at base."

I have failed, Løvstad thought to himself, as he watched the stars stretch into long bright lines. A disgrace to the Frozen Realm.

Varno Base Fé "Jungle Winter"
    Varno Planet

General Matti Heiskanen sighed as he the reinforcement fleet retreated, abandoning the ground forces of the military planet to their fates. Admiral Løvstad had asked them if they'd like an orbital bombardment onto their base, to end things quickly. Heiskanen quickly refused, though he did agree to the destruction of factories, roads, and the like. Heiskanen also began ordering more destruction on a smaller scale, that the fleet could not accomplish in its hasty retreat. And, pragmatically, he also began preparing ships as blockade runners for a potential evacuation.

Now, the Hvitt Ridderal settled in for a planetwide siege.

Wintrean CIC
    Dara System
    Sector (6, -6)

Wilgot Eklund faced a similar dilemma to Løvstad's, though he also had the issue of minimizing civilian casualties in the ecumenopolis below. However, this Admiral's quandary was cut short when his ship's shields went down, overwhelmed by turbolaser fire. His ship, an older Frostlake-class design, still stuck to the paradigm of shield over armor, and so with the shields offline, the choices were to abandon ship or quickly be destroyed.

As the alarm began to sound and the command crew began making their way toward the lifeboats, Eklund tried to stay behind, to continue coordinating the battle as long as he could.

"The captain goes down with the—" he began to say.

"Oh, sod that nonsense, sir," the flag captain said, and dragged Eklund to the nearest lifeboat, shoving him in. "I'm the captain, I stay; you must live."

Eklund tried to get off the lifeboat, but it already ejected, hurtling towards the planet below. Seconds later, his ship, taking heavy fire and careening out of the control, broke apart. Lifeboats and debris alike fell to the planet below.

Backup Wintrean CIC
    Dara System

Rear Admiral Maja Mikkelsen watched the fleet break into further chaos after the loss of their flagship. They were already taking heavy losses, but as morale quickly dropped, the Hvitt Ridderal Fleet became overwhelmed.

She ordered a retreat and jumped to hyperspace. The city planet's government, lacking any significant military forces, and wanting to prevent civilian deaths, quickly surrendered.

Frosthold Castle
    Frostlake City, Frosthold Planet
    Sector (-3, 3)

"Given both our respective nations' dire circumstances, that is probably the best course of action," the Monarch agreed. "I would hope for support in our new war, but perhaps that will be a decision left up to your nation's next government.

"We've transmitted information on where you can build a de facto embassy to the Strawberry Swing," the Monarch finished. "Does this sound good to you?"
    1 person likes this post: Commander_Zemas
    From the Ashes NPC
    • Tau's Puppet
    • Village Drifter
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • AFS Jörmungandr

Captain Kli Waverider

Kli nodded. "Thank you very much, Jarl. The reason I wish to speak with you is twofold. First, when I met with your....predecessor, we had discussions and reached an agreement where an Avonite Embassy would be opened on your home planet. I was hoping that this agreement could be reached with you now that you are in charge."

He took a breath. This was going to be risky. "The second point is this, with your successful...ascension, what are your intentions? Specifically towards the Avonite Enclave?"

AES Murphy, In orbit around Avon

Admiral Fir Hanover

Fir had surrounded Jil Scarhealer and her fleet and was preparing for an attack when Jan Lightbringer got in touch with him, demanding he hold off the attack and wait for Jan to get to the Murphy. Fir was furious but what happened next, after Jan got to the Murphy via shuttle, really incensed him. He hailed Scarhealer and after a long talk managed to get her to agree to come onboard the Murphy for a...."discussion". Fir was sure that Jil would be executed or something but nothing. Jan had kept his word and, worse than that, he got Jac Trhpanner to come to this discussion to. Whatever this damn meeting was Fir was pissed as he walked into the meeting room.

Councilor Jan Lightbringer

Jan sat in this room with 5 people as Fir finally joined him. There was Fir Hanover, of course, Yul Deacon, Jil Scarhealer, Jac Trhpanner and Dar Malediction. As Fir took his seat, Jan began to speak.

"Thank you all for coming. I understand that this is a bit sudden but needs must, I'm afraid. I asked you all here because, as you know, chaos has gripped Avon. There was an attack of some kind by some people. We currently suspect this man..." He clicked a button on the computer beside him and a picture of a harsh looking Avonite was projected onto the wall infront of all of them. "Ryy Sharptalon, a mercenary in charge of an outfit known as the 'Talon Militia", of working with the Enemy, who are in this case..." another click and a picture of the Romulan State symbol appeared. "...the Romulan Empire. They launched a terrorist attack that claimed the life of Councilor Art Marshwalker, probably with Romulan assistance. Admiral Fir Hanover has confirmed that a Romulan Cruiser, probably from the 'Tal Shiar' or how ever you pronounce it, ship. We have also heard reports from Admiral Dac Deevader who informed us that he has engaged a Romulan Invasion fleet near our border with Kevarus."

Everyone looked at each other, shocked. Everyone knew what this meant. Jan continued, nodding.

"Yes, that is right. We are at War. For the second time in the lives of most of us we face a threat that could exterminate the Avonite people. Before, it was infighting and disunity, now it is an external threat. We must band together and defend our homeland from this invasion. We must protect Avon and the Avonite way from those that wish to destroy us. I know there are some wounds between us now...." He looked at Fir and Jil now "...and would like to address them. Jil, I know that earlier you attacked Fir's fleet and that during the chaos of the original attack Fir attacked members of your fleet..." Jil stood up and interrupted. "My fleet? It was his Fleet! As far as I know, he went mad and ordered an attack on his own fleet!" Jan raised a hand. "I know. But you must agree that it was chaos then. I promise that a full investigation will be ordered, but after we deal with this Romulan threat. And you did attack when he was engaging the Romulans. I am willing to forgive that if you are." Jil lowered her head and sat down. Jan continued. "Councilors Flowchaser and Darkcloak are missing, presumed captured by the Romulans. Councilor Des Skyflyer...." he looked at Yul. The agreement he and Skyflyer reached was still on his mind, Skyflyer would bow out of all further governance and would enjoy the 'protection' of Lightbringer and Deacon would take her place. "....was injured in the chaos and for the good of her health has stepped down from the Council. That leaves me."

He looked around at everyone assembled. "Frankly, as the sole authority figure for the Avonite Government, I can do as I please..." Jac and Jil looked a bit nervous while Fir, Yul and Dar all looked amused. They were in on it so they knew what was coming. "...and so, I have decided to fill the empty seats on the Council with all of you. I have also decided to give all of you specific roles in the Government to avoid the confusion that was a bit prevalent in the previous Council." There hadn't been but no one else knew that. Jac stood up, a look of confusion on his face "Wait, so....your making us Councilors?" Jan nodded. "Yes. A new Council. The Council of National Defense. Would you all accept this responsibility?" Yul, Dar and Fir all nodded and affirmed, they had already been aware of what was going to happen. When he had gathered his senses, Jac Trhpanner also agreed. Officially Jan told him he wanted him because of his quick thinking in leaving Believe to go to Avon but in reality it was to keep an eye on Jac in case he got suspicious. Jil hesitated. She did not trust Fir and something about Jan rubbed her the wrong way. Still, he had a point and there was the Romulan threat to consider. After a moment of thought, she nodded her consent.

Jan smiled. "Excellent. I now proclaim each of you as members of the Council of National Defense. Jac, to you I task Colonial and Industrial Affairs." Jac smiled. His brother was going to love this. "To Yul I task Religous and Internal Affairs." A good way to play to Yul's strengths and keep him busy and powerless. Yul slowly nodded. He had no choice and he knew it, not if he wanted Des to be safe. Jan had allowed Des to stay with Yul. He did not want Jan to reconsider that arrangement. "To Dar Malediction I task Foreign Affairs and the Intelligence Services." Dar had been loyal to Jan and now, after everything, was pretty complicit in what was to come. He would be a useful ally. "To Jil Scarhealer I task Commerce, Trade and Procurement." Jil's antenna raised in surprise. That was an important position. It also meant that Jan could keep a watchful eye on Jil and that she would have no direct access to the Military. " Finally, to Fir Hanover I task Defense and Military Affairs." Fir had been a traitor and was one of Skyflyers associates. His dream of rebuilding the Conclave of the People, however, was pretty dead and he knew it. Even more important, the Romulans needed to be defeated, no matter his thoughts. And since the coup had failed he needed to save himself. Pledging loyalty to Jan had done that, even if Jan made sure that he had evidence against Fir, just in case. "I will be the Prime Councilor, in charge of all things and the Representative of the Council to the world and our people. Does this meet everyone's approval?" Not a single voice in dissent. "Excellent. Now, for the first order of business."

"We sent an envoy to the Wintreath Remnant. They have expressed interest in an alliance. I propose we accept this alliance and issue a Formal Declaration of War against the Romulan Star Empire for the illegal and unprovoked invasion of our territory. Let's keep out the accusations about the terrorist attack until the investigation is concluded. All in favor?" Every hand raised. "Motion passed."

Frosthold Planet

Admiral Ark Innsmouth

Ark had agreed in his meeting with the Wintreath Monarch to the building of an embassy and promised he would relay the alliance proposal to the remainder of the Government. Later in the day, Admiral Innsmouth had sent a message to the Wintreath Capital from the Strawberry Swing.

"FROM ADMIRAL ARK INNSMOUTH, ACTING AVONITE AMBASSADOR FOR WINTREATH

TO MONARCH OF WINTREATH

AVONITE GOVERNMENT HAS REFORMED INTO THE COUNCIL OF NATIONAL DEFENSE. NEW GOVERNMENT HAS VOTED TO DECLARE WAR ON THE ROMULAN STAR EMPIRE FOR THE ILLEGAL AND UNPROVOKED INVASION OF AVONITE TERRITORY. GOVERNMENT HAS ALSO APPROVED ALLIANCE WITH WINTREATH. THE FOREIGN FLEET IS CURRENTLY MOVING TO WINTREATH TO ASSIST YOU IN YOUR FIGHT. I WILL BE TAKING COMMAND OF THE FOREIGN FLEET AND A NEW AMBASSADOR WILL BE APPOINTED. MURDERER OF SUL GRAVEMIND IN CUSTODY. WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE CUSTODY AND CHARGE HIM IN YOUR COURTS?

ADDENDUM: WORKING TITLE FOR THE ALLIANCE: THE REMNANT COVENANT."

Ark was unsure what happened with Sul Graveminds killer. At first, the Evangelical had denied everything. Then, a message from the Council to him and him alone arrived and suddenly he confessed to everything. A religous dispute, he claimed. Ark did not buy it for a second but really did not want open that can of worms.....
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:19:06 PM by North »
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Pyat'sot Pervyy Journals

"The battle was chaotic, with hundreds of thousands of starfighters dogfighting. My squad managed to land within one of their capital class cruisers and blew it up from the inside. But what I remember most about the battle, was the deafening silence after Acarian forces claimed victory. However, now we would begin a large planetwide siege and battle, with the Pyat'sot Pervyy Legion at the forefront, truly testing out skills in ground assault."

Aedyn Zaegun's Fleet
    Varno
    Sector (6,-6)

Soon enough, Zaegun retreated into the CIC of his flagship, directing the entire fleet from there. At first, Acarian ships were taking the majority of casualties, but as the battle went on, more and more Wintreath ships fell to the experienced Acarian arms. Soon after a majority of the losses were Wintreath, Zaegun ordered a dropping of the interdiction field. He arrived at the bridge just in time to see the Wintreath fleet retreat to hyperspace. All around the crew clapped and cheered.

"Comrades, we have achieved great victory this day. You can all die knowing your descendants will be proud of your achievements. But the war is not over, we have a long way to go. But we can rest knowing in this initial stage of the war, we have control."

Soon, the fleet received notifications from the Prodvinutyy Recon Sila that Varno will not surrender and its remaining forces are preparing for a siege. Zaegun soon ordered a blockade of the planet and the commencement of a ground assault.

Aulus Vagennius Quintillius
    Varno
    Sector (6,-6)

Of course, the Prodvinutyy Recon Sila was first in the assault, as well as one of the most essential. Its ability for recon was most essential for a ground assault. Soon, they located a good clearing with little enemy defenses around it for the Pyat'sot Pervyy Legion to begin the main assault. They gave the signal for a MAP-D5 and other accompanying forces to land.

Filipp Nakhimov's Fleet
    Dara
    Sector (6,-6)

Soon, Nakhimov claimed victory with relatively few losses compared to Zaegun's fleet. With the surrender of the planet, Nakhimov claimed even greater success.

"My fellow comrades at arms, we have claimed an excellent victory for ourselves and secured a present for our people back home. We can all rest knowing that for now, the major battle is over, for now, we will control the Wintreath frontier."

Nakhimov knew this was their chance to gain as much as possible. Right now, the Wintreath forces are likely licking their wounds and rebuilding and regrouping. They must use this as much as their advantage to gain control over the Wintreath frontier. Nakhimov ordered the fleet to harbour around the planet until further orders. Till then, he made for the surface.

Government Square, seat of the Representative Democracy of Dara
    Sector (6,-6)

Nakhimov soon accepted officially the surrender of the ecumenopolis. He would soon organise a garrison and decide what to do with the existing government. He would decide later that it was best to keep it in place, but under watchful eyes in case of rebellion.

But for now, Nakhimov would hold a parade in the government square, similar to the Victory Day parades of old imperial times. Soldiers and fleet crew marched in unison and a variety of music was played. At the end, "A Hero's Welcome" was played.

Treon,
    Treon Military Base
    Sector (7,-16)

With the successful development of the AT-AW-7e, the project was soon in the manufacturing stage, where it would start being produced in military factories across Acaria. Of course it wasn't project, but they found all that they could within the experiment phase. Now, it just needed to be tested in battle.

Treon,
    Treon Shipyards
    Sector (7,-16)

Thravur was developing some new blueprints, this time for smaller ships such as corvettes. They would be put into production immediately. Acaria needed a sizeable force of fast, small but well-armed ships as they would be essential to the war effort, especially once more planet sieges began.

After this, he would end up finishing his work on The Aetherius.

Acarian Interstellar Communications Military Network

Once they received word of successful space battles, they signaled to their Romulan allies that they have succeeded.

1 person likes this post: BraveSirRobin
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:24:32 AM by Commander_Zemas »
    Commander_Zemas
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Ambassador Ulfír
    Vivaldi Spaceport
    Sector (-12, 24)

"A very interesting solution," Ulfír remarked as he boarded the airspeeder. "Should I be aware of anything before meeting with your government?"

Jarl Brunnhilde
    AFS Jörmungandr
    Sector (-16, 14)

"Regarding your first concern, of course you may still construct your embassy. I wouldn't deny that of you. Regarding your second concern, that depends on the intent of your leaders. I haven't heard anything about the Avonites for a long time. Perhaps you could provide me with the details I require?"

Akaz Sveigdir
    Ganorr Forge World
    Svartalfheim Province
    Sector (-18, 13)

He did it. His "Project Dvergr" was complete. The SR-35 Dvergr battlesuit passed its final test and is being sent to the factories for replication. Akaz stood by the window and watched his creation be loaded onto the transport, allowing pride to surge through him. "Now to complete the Trebuchet project..."
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    Vivaldi Spaceport
    Sector (-12, 24)

"Nothing in particular, I don't think," Mott responded. Soon, they arrived at their destination: a dignified, yet not ostentatious building. There, First Consul William Xavier awaited them.

Mott got off the airspeeder and lead the Aesir ambassador to Xavier's office, to begin negotiations.
    Résumé
    Wintreath:

taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 19 [20] 21