Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]

The Next Generation: IC!!

Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • Malan began giving the slightest of smirks. He thought Julio hit the nail right on the head. This was abnormal, and if the captain was going to tell the crew that it was just a precaution, his appeals would fall on deaf ears. Still, he couldn't risk anyone catching wind of the discovery he and his team had made all those years ago in the vast New Hatfield desert. He decided to tell just enough of the truth to get everyone prepared for what they might encounter.

"If I may, I would say that it is no secret the events around the previous ship's disappearance are incredibly bizarre. If it had been destroyed by some sort of natural disaster, such as a collision with an asteroid, then our emergency detection arrays should have transmitted this back to Wintreath. Yet we have no clue what caused it to disappear. Should we assume it was just a strange natural phenomenon that led to the ship and crew's disappearance? Yes, I believe this would be the safe, logical assumption. And yet, we cannot deny that more could be afoot here. Whatever  - or whoever - it is waiting for us out there, I would certainly feel much safer with an abundance of state-of-the-art weapons systems aboard."
    Perez folded his arms. “Well, I think I would feel better if we had less guns and more shields and life support backups. A lot of cazy stuff can happen in deep space that wouldn’t have reached our telescopes, and military attacks are pretty low on that list as far as I know. We can’t shoot at supernovae or unexpected meteors.”
    He smiled wryly. “But I guess that’s just my opinion.”
    After nearly falling asleep for all of the last half hour with the endless babbling of these pathetic flatfooted landlovers, Johann woke at last with a great roar and turned to the hippie Perez who'd been complaining about there being too many guns.
    "Listen kid, I've been spacing for longer than you've been alive. In this line of work, the more guns the better."
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • After nearly falling asleep for all of the last half hour with the endless babbling of these pathetic flatfooted landlovers, Johann woke at last with a great roar and turned to the hippie Perez who'd been complaining about there being too many guns.
    "Listen kid, I've been spacing for longer than you've been alive. In this line of work, the more guns the better."
    Vau looked over to Johann and smirked beneath his helm. "I have a feeling we are gonna get along well"
    Cinciri
    • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • Privately, Malan agreed with these war-mongers, but he had a disguise to maintain. "Ah. The war-like types. Well, let's hope you use your trigger fingers productively. As much as I see the need for so many guns, I would much rather avoid bloodshed. Especially if there are extra-terrestrial civilisations out there."
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aurelius sat there brooding as he was sensitive to the topic of the last expedition. Aurelius was one of the first people to be informed outside top government circles about the incident. After all, he was the brother of the late Captain Alexsandr von Erikson. He didn't expect to see his brother much after the expedition started, but the probability of never seeing him again never occurred to him until he was informed of the news. All they told him was that the expedition was lost, without any further details. Later, Aurelius eventually made a small memorial to his brother in his garden.

Aurelius was deep in thought, so he lost focus what was being said around him and wasn't really paying attention.
    Commander_Zemas
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Yllia looked them all in the eyes before speaking. "The Wintreath wasn't lost to any normal space phenomenon." She took a deep breath before continuing on. "The ship was assaulted by alien aggressors. The information received at headquarters showed a small alien fleet appear on sensors. The ship took fire and communication was lost. Before contact was made with the alien fleet, the crew was tasked with investigating the loss of contact with one of our outermost space stations in orbit above a Goldilocks planet on the fringes of explored space. The report sent back by their Captain told of alien drones guarding the halls. There are very real threats out there which we have no intel on. We have guns to defend ourselves, Lieutenant Perez, but we have no idea if those guns will have a good enough effect on these alien ships, gun monkeys. I am prioritizing engines and independent food production so escaping and hiding are always options. Any further concerns?"
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]