Pages: [1]

Dawsinian for Thane of WA Affairs!

Dawsinian
  • Former Citizen
  • Elect Dawsinian!
    Candidate for Thane of WA Affairs (WA Delegate)

Hello there!

Welcome to my campaign thread! This is where I'm going to tell you all about the things I want to do as Wintreath's new WA Delegate, you're going to ask me questions, and I'll hopefully answer them at some point before you vote for me. I'll also be answering the questions that Wintermoot requires me to answer for my campaign to be legitimate.

I certainly won't be revolutionizing the role of WA Delegate. I think our current WA Delegate, Michi, has done a fine job during his tenure and I'm honored to have his endorsement to run as his replacement. I want to continue the work he has done and continue working with Stigya to move the Regional Affairs department forward. Having served as Jarl of Regional Affairs (and now Jarl of Foreign Affairs), I think the Delegacy is a natural next step as I continue to re-explore the scary world of gameplay politics and foreign relations.

Now, without further ado, I present to you the answers to the questions I am required to answer!

Candidacy Legitimizing Questions and Answers
    1) Why are you running for this position?
    See above.

2) What do you aim to accomplish as thane? As part of this, you must include at least one thing that you promise to do beyond the minimum listed duties of the position during your term. It should be measurable, so that it's black and white whether you fulfilled this mandate at the end of the term if you are elected.
    I'd like to venture into the WA forums and begin to have a presence there, perhaps even weighing in on the drafting of legislation.

2a) If you are an incumbent running for re-election, did you fulfill your mandate from the last election? If not, why didn't you?
    This is not applicable.

3) What qualifications or experience do you have in the area that you are running in?
    I previously served as WA Delegate to The Labyrinth, back when I was running things and they had nations in the triple digits. It was actually a lot of fun being the WA Delegate.

4) How do you plan to have the time to fulfill the duties of the position until the next election?
    My new job allows me to basically do whatever I want when I'm not actively handling an emergency, so I have a lot of time.

5) Are you currently a part of any other NationStates regional or organizational government? If so, please include those regions and positions.
    No, other regions are scary.
    I appreciate you stopping by to read the things I wrote. If you have any questions, drop them below and I will likely answer them.

Best,

Daws

2 people like this post: Michi, TGN
    Dawsinian
    Dawsinian
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Welcome to the campaign!

If the world of gameplay politics and foreign relations is so scary, why do you want to re-explore them? I take it you're not one of the isolationists who believe we should abandon interactions with other regions.
    1 person likes this post: taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation