Pages: 1 [2]

Incoming Bank and Commerce bills

Lord Belmont
  • Former Citizen
  • Belmont Inc. CEO
  • well guys you guys have a point...the concept of commerce will be difficult to explain so upon your guy's suggestion and to avoid unintentionally confusing you guys I will refrain from going into too much detail about the system until our bill is finished.
    Primarily, to what extent would this Banking and Commerce legislation be RP and to what extent would it be legislative?
    well weiss think of it like this...for the most part the commerce will be legislation but technically it is RP. I'll explain, the reason I say this is because there isn't any real tangible goods you get from this, all goods and services are on the forum. So, while technically it is an RP it will be very different from what you consider an RP now.
    How would legislation affect RP's currently underway and any future RP's? What sort of requirements might there be for those involved?
    This legislation won't affect any RP's at all. This is for the main forum only and shouldn't be considered an RP.
    What, aside from activity, are you hoping to achieve with this Act? I'll admit to being a little bit confused by the way you're talking about buying and selling goods - is that all 'virtual' or would any of it be 'real'?
    This is something I've been thinking about a lot...At first when this idea came to me I thought about it only for increased activity, to give people a reason to be more active on the forums but, as I thought of it more and more I considered that we can have a lot of stuff to do. I don't think I can do it justice if I explain right this second (because you haven't seen the bills and don't know what I'm talking about) but money will add another layer to Wintreath people will have jobs and money and stuff like that. Not only will this increase activity, it will create interest and open up a lot of possibilities for stuff to do in Wintreath other than just werewolf or spam or an RP.
    Zobek: An unusual hiding place, for the Prince of Darkness. Don't you think?
    Gabriel: Zobek...
    Zobek: Yes, old friend. It is I.
    Gabriel: Where have you been, all this time?
    Zobek: Out there, amongst the living. And what of you? Why have you been hiding all this time... ... Gabriel?
    Gabriel: Don't you dare call me that! Eu sunt Dracul!
    Lord Belmont
    • Belmont Inc. CEO
    • I'm a mirror. If you're cool with me I'm cool with you.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Lord Belmont
  • Former Citizen
  • Belmont Inc. CEO
  • If I may, I haven't heard any of the rumors and I'm a little out of touch with the actual poitics of the region. Perhaps a summary or synopsis of the bill''s I tent and effect? If the bill is still in progress then it wouldn't make sense to post it. But a little info couldnt hurt.
    well the idea is that we want to add an economy to Wintreath. So Erik and I are creating a bill to do just that but some people are a bit concerned about it so I created this topic to help. I'm afraid I haven't done much in that regard. :P
    Zobek: An unusual hiding place, for the Prince of Darkness. Don't you think?
    Gabriel: Zobek...
    Zobek: Yes, old friend. It is I.
    Gabriel: Where have you been, all this time?
    Zobek: Out there, amongst the living. And what of you? Why have you been hiding all this time... ... Gabriel?
    Gabriel: Don't you dare call me that! Eu sunt Dracul!
    Lord Belmont
    • Belmont Inc. CEO
    • I'm a mirror. If you're cool with me I'm cool with you.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • I'll be interested to see the contents of the bill. I await its posting with much anticipation. There will be a way to opt out of it all, I should hope, yes?
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I'll be interested to see the contents of the bill. I await its posting with much anticipation. There will be a way to opt out of it all, I should hope, yes?

No.  If this is the same system I'm thinking, it'll be completely ingrained with no opt out feature.  You'd make money by posting and whatnot, and you have the option of whether you'd want to spend it, invest it in a bank, or just let it sit and build.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation