Pages: 1 [2]

Pengu's Perky, Passionate, and Persistantly Premeditated Presidental Posting

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I am satisfied, thank you. One last thing, could a get a piece of election propaganda as a souvenir? Doesn't have to be anything big, something like a pen or pin would suffice.

2 people like this post: tatte, Chanku
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Quote from:  Govindia
    Why should I honestly vote for YOU?  What makes you a viable candidate?

What would you do differently this term?

If elected, would you resign your role as Culture Jarl and Thane of FA? 

Since these are unrelated, I will take the time to answer these.

1) Well if we're speaking specifics here, this question is pretty moot since you specifically are not going to vote for me regardless of my answer.  Let's face it, your beef with me has been pretty substantial over trivial matters (and yes, they're trivial) to where in whatever way this question is answered, you won't vote for me, just like you'd never vote for Chanku.

In the general sense for other voters, however, voting for me is voting for someone who promises to represent all of Wintreath to the best of his ability.  I care about this region greatly as a whole as well as for most of the people within it, and want to see it continue to succeed and flourish as a region.  So if you vote for me, you'll be voting for someone who cares about the welfare of the region and its people.

I'll listen to suggestions that others make and will listen to people's inputs on our current, past, or future bills and will take in consideration others' opinions when I cast my own votes on such matters.  In the UH, I'll leave my personal biases and differences between myself and others at the door, respecting those or at the very least remaining civil to those who I may not be in the best terms with.

But in the end, all of the decisions I make will continue to be those that benefit Wintreath as a whole.

2) Why does one need to do "differently" in each term?  This isn't a presidential election to where we're leading the country and spearheading super important, possibly life changing issues.  We're members of a council-like system where we'll work as a team as we always do to draft and codify bills into law.  There's nothing that needs to be done differently in a team setting.  If anything, I still support transparency, still welcome suggestions, opinions, and bills from citizens (within reason), and have shown that in office I can maintain a professional composure without resorting to lashing out and resorting to colorful language if I enter a disagreement with someone.  As the saying goes, "if it aint broke, don't fix it."

3) No.  If a majority of people have an issue with my multiple positions, then I'll consider it.  However, as you and one long-since ex member are the only ones who have voiced concerns (though his was mainly about the UH being all Riksrad that term), then it's apparent that others have no issue with it, and thus I'll continue in these positions even if elected.
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:00:17 AM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I actually would welcome a bit of separation of powers, but this is a meritocracy, which means that in the end, you'll find certain involved members acquiring quite a few responsibilities.

I wonder why you don't mention something like this in the other candidates' threads when a few of us are also simultaneously in the legislature and in the executive, Gov.
    1 person likes this post: Chanku
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • I just want to say that Pengu has done an excellent job as the Jarl of Culture, and I see no reason why he has to resign should he become a member of the Underhusen.
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • @Govindia, please do not abuse the moderation reporting tool. "Refusing to address important campaign issue, threatening harassment to suppress free speech" is not something that is actionable by administration.
    5 people like this post: Chanku, Emoticonius, Michi, Laurentus

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation