• (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Tomfire
  • Village Drifter
  • Hi, it's me Casmaru.

Thalasus that map is spicy but I was wondering if we could use this old one that I made before: http://i.imgur.com/Uqvi5Gx.jpg

Or this one that I recently found: http://i.imgur.com/C36kZTh.png

also dont mind my profile pic.
    Elmo doing some serious fucked up shit
    Tomfire
    • Village Drifter
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Hi, it's me Casmaru.

Thalasus that map is spicy but I was wondering if we could use this old one that I made before: http://i.imgur.com/Uqvi5Gx.jpg

Both are nice. Would anyone prefer either of these maps to the one I threw up?

Also nice pic.
    1 person likes this post: Tomfire
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Hi, it's me Casmaru.

First one is good. But though it doesn't bother me at all, I am unsure if others would prefer that the left and right sides be clear of land, seems like most made up world maps will put a vertical line of ocean there. The closest thing to that being possible is probably right in the center of the map. If no-one cares about that though, then I think it's about as good as the map from page 1.

Second one seems odd to me. Like the map should be shifted left by about 35%, to get the west continent on the right. It's like it's currently aligned to make that one island in the middle seem important for some reason, like it's the island capital of the world. Because if it's not, it's taking up critical space in the middle of the map when it should be shifted to being near the left border of the map so the emphasis can be on the main continents.
    2 people like this post: Tomfire, Doc
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:26:09 PM by Aethelia »
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • I'd prefer Ashton's map.

Tom's first is, in Civ terms, a Pangaea, which then makes control of that isthmus of crucial strategic importance because whoever controls that can control both oceans with suitable investment for a canal (which would be priority one as soon as it becomes a viable option). Sure, the north and southmost poles are nominally clear, but practically they'd be ice, which renders them impassable. The isthmus is far too strategic a location to allow it to be held unless we were all willing to resign ourselves to living under a hegemon (which I for one would not be, and I sincerely doubt anyone else would be or else I should have declared myself such a long time ago).

I suppose I have no problems with the second, but I have this feeling like I vaguely remember this one being employed before. Mostly because I seem to remember a discussion concerning this one on the RMB.
    3 people like this post: Aethelia, ShadowX4life, Tomfire
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Tomfire
  • Village Drifter

Tom's first is, in Civ terms, a Pangaea, which then makes control of that isthmus of crucial strategic importance because whoever controls that can control both oceans with suitable investment for a canal (which would be priority one as soon as it becomes a viable option). Sure, the north and southmost poles are nominally clear, but practically they'd be ice, which renders them impassable. The isthmus is far too strategic a location to allow it to be held unless we were all willing to resign ourselves to living under a hegemon (which I for one would not be, and I sincerely doubt anyone else would be or else I should have declared myself such a long time ago).

I suppose I have no problems with the second, but I have this feeling like I vaguely remember this one being employed before. Mostly because I seem to remember a discussion concerning this one on the RMB.
    Well that feeling that you vaguely remember the second one from the RMB is because it is from the RMB. I suggested using this map on there too.

And I can agree with the isthmus being a very strategic location. When we last used this map, Allouxia had complete control of it. 
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:44:28 PM by Tomfire »
    Tomfire
    • Village Drifter
    ShadowX4life
  • Former Citizen
  • The Enlightened One
  • Good afternoon everyone, so far those that are able to get to the forum seem to agree on the first map that was proposed by Ashton
    ShadowX4life
    • The Enlightened One
    • I seek to become a better man
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Tomfire
  • Village Drifter

http://i.imgur.com/3r7ZiDi.jpg
    There Allouxia is, right there on the isthmus.

And you all the way down there on that island.

this is old stuff tho.
    Tomfire
    • Village Drifter
    DaRealA
  • Former Citizen

• Are you just fundamentally misunderstanding this? There would be no Germany. Your request is frankly either impossible or very easy to fulfill. The former in a realistic sense where it originated from a very particular set of circumstances which has an infinitesimally minute chance of being perfectly replicated; the latter in the Civ V sense of 'you'll be happy wherever and geography is unimportant'.
    I meant as an area with Similar weather and geography in this new map you twat
    DaRealA
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    ShadowX4life
  • Former Citizen
  • The Enlightened One

• Are you just fundamentally misunderstanding this? There would be no Germany. Your request is frankly either impossible or very easy to fulfill. The former in a realistic sense where it originated from a very particular set of circumstances which has an infinitesimally minute chance of being perfectly replicated; the latter in the Civ V sense of 'you'll be happy wherever and geography is unimportant'.

I will take the middle landmass on far right if we have agreed on the map the Ashton first proposed.
    ShadowX4life
    • The Enlightened One
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    pacsironeenk
  • Former Citizen
  • Good on you for bringing this to the forums, Ashton. The RMB was getting a little out of control.
    I couldn't handle it. I left my phone for five hours and came back to over twenty pages of "worldbuilding" that involved very questionable views of history, threatened player wars, and heavily implied genocide of RL ethnic groups. This was the only solution.
    Oh, wow. Sounds different from the Wintreath I know...
    pacsironeenk
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    DaRealA
  • Former Citizen

I will take the middle landmass on far right if we have agreed on the map the Ashton first proposed.
    Also can you make me big, ties in with my theme being am Empire
    DaRealA
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation

I wanted the middle subcontinent on the far right because it perfectly envisions the geography for my nation :(
    Commander_Zemas
    ShadowX4life
  • Former Citizen
  • The Enlightened One
  • I will take the middle landmass on far right if we have agreed on the map the Ashton first proposed.

I wanted the middle subcontinent on the far right because it perfectly envisions the geography for my nation :(

Then can I get the island that is right above it and can I get the islands that are northeast of the landmass you want?
    1 person likes this post: Commander_Zemas
    ShadowX4life
    • The Enlightened One
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Hold on, children. I'll try and compile everyone's requests soon.

I've become the mapmaker. FML.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5