Pages: [1] 2 ... 15

Wintrean Union [OOC]

Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • This is the OOC discussion thread for the Wintrean Union, which, along with the Factbooks thread, I've neglected to start for too long. Anyway, a couple of things I was wanting to clear up:

All the things in the subforum "The Wonderful World of Wintreath" are considered canon in this RP, since our meeting place for our delegates is located on the continent Weiss created (which is unseen on our map but located on the south pole). The center for the Wintreath Union will be located in or near Breithern, since I feel going further inland would prove too cold to our citizens since they're not as acclimated to the unearthly cold. To account for the technological and cultural differences between the people established in Weiss's thread and our RP, we can just say that the people of the continent (which we can refer to as Old Wintreath) are the ancestors of all life on the planet, and nowadays relations are fairly distant but there is a mutual respect.

Also, the focus of the RP, since I feel it's a pretty wide scope. I, for one, love relatively mundane things - writing laws and debating them, all that fun stuff. I know that's not to everyone's liking though, which is why I had the "Are there any internal conflicts/wars in your nation?" section in the applications. My vision for the RP is a mixture of legislative drama and story arcs revolving around international intervention in these wars/crises. I'm not too confident on the legislative parts, though; if it bores others too much, I may scrap it altogether. That being said, I feel it would be a good way to address the problem other RPs have of the RPs moving too quickly for people to keep up with. When life is busy, the RP can focus on laws and stuff; when people are more free, the more action-filled conflicts can begin.

Also, I should mention that our planet is cooled down a few degrees from Earth to reflect the more wintry theme of the region. This was briefly mentioned in the Regional Map Discussion, but I don't think I ever made it entirely clear. You can still have tropical climates and all that stuff, it'll probably just be slightly colder than their counterparts on Earth.
    Bodobol
    You should get @Wintermoot to move these threads.
    « Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:59:29 PM by Bodobol »
    Commander_Zemas
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • You should get @Wintermoot to move these threads.

Whoops, you're right. I'm assuming that mention will suffice.

(Apologies for editing your post btw, I accidentally hit the "Modify" button instead of the "Quote" button and didn't notice until after I typed out my response.)
    Bodobol
    You should get @Wintermoot to move these threads.

Whoops, you're right. I'm assuming that mention will suffice.

(Apologies for editing your post btw, I accidentally hit the "Modify" button instead of the "Quote" button and didn't notice until after I typed out my response.)

lol.
    Commander_Zemas
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • On a completely unrelated note, I just had the idea of an RP about the history of the Wintrean union. I'd rather not host the Rp because I'm afraid of screwing something up :P. But what do you think of the idea?
    T'was the year of Wintreath!
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • To the Glory of Witchmond!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • On a completely unrelated note, I just had the idea of an RP about the history of the Wintrean union. I'd rather not host the Rp because I'm afraid of screwing something up :P. But what do you think of the idea?

Oh, the idea was that the Wintrean Union was just now being formed in the modern day. That idea does have plenty of potential, though - what do you mean by that? A history of the organization itself and its founding, or international incidents between nations in premodern times? The latter could have plenty of RP potential even without the WU in existence.
    Bodobol
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link

Oh, the idea was that the Wintrean Union was just now being formed in the modern day. That idea does have plenty of potential, though - what do you mean by that? A history of the organization itself and its founding, or international incidents between nations in premodern times? The latter could have plenty of RP potential even without the WU in existence.
    What I mean by this is a rp based off of the early empires in the lands of the Wintrean Union before the Wintrean Union was created, giving some backstory to the union.
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 11:25:12 PM by Rasdanation »
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen

What I mean by this is a rp based off of the early empires in the lands of the Wintrean Union before the Wintrean Union was created, giving some backstory to the union.

It sounds like an interesting idea, I'll keep it in mind. At the moment, I have too many other things going on to place a whole ton of focus on it, but we can discuss this idea further over PM if you like. But yeah, this sounds like a fun idea.
    Bodobol
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • If we were talking civ-wise, what era is this in? I was thinking more of modern era where infantry are the most common unit, and computers have been invented but the internet does not exist yet.
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • It was pretty clearly stated that this PMT (Post Modern Tech).
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • Yeah, but not too far into the future. Somewhat more advanced than Earth technology, but nothing approaching, say, the tech level in From The Ashes.

Bodobol
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • Oh, ok I didn't notice  :P
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • I'll post the IC thread in either two or three days, depending on factbook progress. On Wednesday I'll be leaving town for Christmas, but I should still be able to post fairly regularly.
    Bodobol
    Rasdanation
  • Former Citizen
  • The Greatest Link
  • I'll post the IC thread in either two or three days, depending on factbook progress. On Wednesday I'll be leaving town for Christmas, but I should still be able to post fairly regularly.
    @Bodobol you posted this about 4 days ago :P just lettin' you know
    Rasdanation
    • The Greatest Link
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Danation
      Wintreath Nation
    I'll post the IC thread in either two or three days, depending on factbook progress. On Wednesday I'll be leaving town for Christmas, but I should still be able to post fairly regularly.
    @Bodobol you posted this about 4 days ago :P just lettin' you know

Depending on factbook process.
    Commander_Zemas

Pages: [1] 2 ... 15