Pages: [1]

Topic for Svipjoth's Chancellor Campaign

Svipjoth
  • Former Citizen
  • For the Honor and the Glory
  • Good morning, afternoon, and evening, wherever you may live! My name is Svipjoth and I am running for the Landsraad chancellorship election.

In comparison to other candidates, let alone the other members of the Wintreath community, my tenure has been short; I've been a member of the Wintreath community since July 2021 and my governmental experience began only in January 2022. However contrary it seems for me to start my campaign "speech" with a weakness of mine, I bring this up to highlight how much I have been able to accomplish during this short span of time. 

I helped WARPP in promoting citizenship in Wintreath, especially in the region of recording our procedures and events as documentation. I resurrected the old rp guild as Rollspelskra, brought back forum roleplays to Wintreath (as noted in "Wintreath in Statistics" June 2022 & July 2022), and was voted Wintreath's Finest for May 2022 for this contribution. I helped rejuvenate Silver's old RP Academy as a method of instructing and enforcing roleplay etiquette. All of these achievements and more have been accomplished in less than a year, the most recent of which being the first draft, proposal, and passing of legislature in the Landsraad since the FLAMES act passed in February 2021.

I want to be elected chancellor for the very same reason that I wanted to be elected Thane of Roleplay: I wanted to see something that was once dead revived. Before I established Rollspelskra, roleplay in the Wintreath community was abysmal, with forum roleplays not existing and the NationStates RMB being plagued with low-quality, unorganized roleplay that was rarely, if ever, moderated through the RP etiquette. Through my construction of Rollspelskra and the roleplay community in Wintreath that has joined and contributed to its success, forum roleplays and enforcement of etiquette has returned, and a gradual ban on RMB roleplays continues. While there are still old issues that persist, such as the August spamfest, roleplay overall has been removed of out-of-character arguments and separated in a place where it can truly foster and grow.

It was the same thought process with Landsraad. I noticed that since the FLAMES act passed, there was no activity in terms of legislature. I had always been interested in writing legislature to make a difference in my community (see the WARPP drive for exhibit A of this fascination), and while the World Assembly was theoretically viable, the scale of it dissuaded me, as did the lack of connection with anyone in that community. Thus, when I saw that the Landsraad had no activity since its creation, I wanted to change that. Thus, I wrote up a commendation for my dearest friend both inside and outside of roleplay, Stigya, for the work he has done for the community. I was pleased to make a difference, no matter how small, and to work with the former chancellor, Laurentus, to truly put into practice the Landsraad.

Since their departure, it is without question that the Landsraad, because of my contribution, has invigorated the interests of both old and new members. When I wrote that commendation act, I never had the passion or intent to usurp the chancellorship from Laurentus, but since their departure and recommendation of me as the new chancellor, I accept this opportunity with pleasant humility. 

Just like with Rollspelskra, I solemnly promise that the Landsraad will continue its revival and grow in both relevancy and service to the Wintreath community. I will pursue additional codifications to further specify the procedural rules of the Landsraad. In addition, I will seek to offer the Landsraad as a platform for discussion concerning questions to citizenship requirements, and I will also see to have amazing government programs (such as Michi's Wintreath's Finest and Hearthkeepers and Marzipan's Dungeon Masters) be duly recognized via legislature.

Thank you for reading my "speech" for lack of better words. I invite any and all questions concerning my past governmental experiences and my future plans for shaping Landsraad. Thank you, again, reader.
    Svipjoth
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Kasten
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Welcome to the campaign!

Of all the candidates in the election, you're the one with the most responsibility as it is...Thane of RP and Regional Affairs and Co-Director of WARPP. Are you concerned with becoming burned out, especially given that the Chancellor will be tasked with reviving another dead (or previously dead) institution?

What do you see as the future of the Landsraad in general? What role will it play in Wintreath? Given that it was inactive for over a year, and the previous Underhusen was chronically inactive, do you feel a legislature is even required in Wintreath?
    2 people like this post: Svipjoth, taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Svipjoth
  • Former Citizen
  • Welcome to the campaign!

Of all the candidates in the election, you're the one with the most responsibility as it is...Thane of RP and Regional Affairs and Co-Director of WARPP. Are you concerned with becoming burned out, especially given that the Chancellor will be tasked with reviving another dead (or previously dead) institution?

What do you see as the future of the Landsraad in general? What role will it play in Wintreath? Given that it was inactive for over a year, and the previous Underhusen was chronically inactive, do you feel a legislature is even required in Wintreath?
    1. No. Belonging to the Wintreath community has had a significant impact on my life; Not only has this community allowed me to have a platform to express my creativity, but it also provided me with an amazing support network. The least I can do is give back. While naturally my college career, part-time job, and my self-care take precedent, my responsibilities and involvement in Wintreath is without negotiation. How can I become burned out if I am doing something that I love and am passionate about?

2. In terms of necessity of legislature, I think the rising skepticism of Wintreath's citizenship laws in recent history is evidence enough. I do not forsee nor expect the Landsraad to be consistently busy, at least not in the same sense as Rollspelskra or Dungeon Masters. While there are changes that I and others wish to be discussed, there will be periods that nothing will need to be changed, and therefore, the Landsraad will not be active, and that's okay. I don't see the point of having this legislative body being falsely busy if there's nothing to be done. Of course the other component of it will be gaining legislators other than myself, but with the activity around Landsraad since my bill, I do not see this as a roadblock.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Svipjoth
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Kasten
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Thank you for your answers...for what it's worth, I certainly do feel the passion. :P
    1 person likes this post: Svipjoth

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation