Pages: [1]

Michi makes a sneak attack for Delegacy

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction

• Don't mind me creeping in so close to the deadline, I may have debated bowing out to allow fresh blood to take the delegacy...or I may have been debating having to fill out all this stuff on a phone...or I may just enjoy a little suspense here and there, take your pick.  But in the end, once again I'm running for the position to continue the delegacy, and have some lovely pins for everyone who visits this thread and endorses me.

I mean, the pins are here somewhere, probably.

The Questions

1) Why are you running for this position?

Naturally, I'm running again because overall I enjoy the position.  I've met some great folks in conversing through the NS forums on bills, and there's still more to do.

2) What do you aim to accomplish as thane? As part of this, you must include at least one thing that you promise to do beyond the minimum listed duties of the position during your term. It should be measurable, so that it's black and white whether you fulfilled this mandate at the end of the term if you are elected.
    2a) If you are an incumbent running for re-election, did you fulfill your mandate from the last election? If not, why didn't you?

Yes on some things, with Moot's help on creating a lovely area that shows nations needing endorsements.  No on some others because getting folks to endorse the delegate is a consistent continual issue with no easy solution.  As the continued Delegate, I'll continue to find ways to have folks endorse me and likewise continue cross endorsing. I'll continue posting vote recommendations, and I'll continue following the majority vote unless I have specific info that makes that outcome undesirable (and thus posting why I vote differently).

Oh, there was also the idea of a WA channel I was looking to implement, but not enough folks were interested, so it didn't happen.  Perhaps this term will be figuring out ways to build up WA interest overall beyond just voting.

Likewise, as the position has also become a sort of secondary RA Thaneship, I'll continue to help the RA Jarl and Thane  oversee and enforce the rules on the RMB, as that's equally important as the rest.

3) What qualifications or experience do you have in the area that you are running in?

I've been the current delegate for more than half a year now, and I have experience in virtually all government fields in the region including: Culture, various areas of Foreign Affairs, and legislature such as being in an appointed upper legislature as well as leading it, and being elected multiple times into the lower legislature and even leading that chamber multiple times as Speaker.  This also extends to experience dealing diplomatically with folks and debating in a civil manner on both Discord and the NS forums when it comes to certain GA/SC topics.

4) How do you plan to have the time to fulfill the duties of the position until the next election?

As per usual I have nothing but free time as it's currently this and my Culture Jarlship.  I will be job hunting and eventually place hunting, but I'll always have time for regional duties.

5) Are you currently a part of any other NationStates regional or organizational government? If so, please include those regions and positions.

No.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.   Please feel free to ask questions if there's anything you want to know, as I tried to condense a bit since I'm writing all this on mobile.
    5 people like this post: Altrio, Stigya2113, taulover, Arenado, TGN
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 01:07:17 AM by Michi »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Greetings, and welcome to the campaign!

You mentioned that there's still more to do...I know you mentioned a few different areas you'd like to work on, but what one thing is most pressing for the next term?

Also, you are now in one of the competitive elections this season, so I'll ask you the same question I asked your opponent. I know it's a bit harder to answer about a new Citizen, but how do you imagine your continued delegacy would differ from Joslisonoria's?
    2 people like this post: TGN, taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • I'd say endorsements, but we've been getting back on a good track with those, so the next big area would be getting folks to vote.  Right now with over 70 WA folks, we only have roughly 28 voters, so a big step would be figuring out ways to get those 42+ folks not voting to jump in as well.  I want to represent the regional majority in votes, which is hard when the WA majority doesn't vote.

Actually it isn't that hard of an answer imo.  I'm greatly excited to see a new member wanting to jump into things right away, but Jos is at a huge disadvantage because they'd be going into the delegacy not knowing the region very well, nor the folks or overall workings of things.  There's a lot that can be learned in the delegacy role, but at the same time there's a lot that can be learned just being in the region for a period of time...getting involved with the NS forums and Discord, that kind of stuff.  The difference is that I'd have all of these experience tools at my disposal.  I know folks to talk to in the delgacy circles, I'm active in various NS servers, I have even a mild presence on the forums with WA bills, and I have a large history just here in the region.  Overall, I've just got stuff that I can rely on to help me out in the continued delegacy as well as the trust of folks on the RMB, whereas Joslisonoria would be spending the delegacy learning the ropes and possibly struggling because they'd have to build up those tools for themselves.

As much as I greatly am excited to have someone else want the delegacy, I feel like it's a position that someome should spend ample time in the region before they can go for it since it very much is a personal and personable area that very much relies on both new as well as established relationships.  If anything, while I support the idea of someone else running, I want to feel comfortable knowing they know the ins and outs of the region and its folks since it's an important role that requires getting folks to want to endorse you and let you act as the voice of the region. And if anything, I think Jos should shadow the role in more of a learning capacity and really get themselves involved in the region at a deep level in more ways before they take on such a big position.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria