Pages: [1] 2

Multiverse Collision [Signups]

Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • Skip this if you want, it has nothing to do with the RP
    Let me start this off with a bit of background about myself:
    I have not role played for about a year now. I was fairly advanced back in the day, but I had a particularly bad depressive episode coupled with some not terribly understanding people in my last RP, which led to a pretty bad experience all around that I may have just run away from. I admit that now, I up and left. I've been pretty terrified to start a new RP ever since, I still don't know if this is a good idea, but you never know till you try, right? I promise I'll do my best.

The RP
    Alright, so here's what I have set up for this RP:

Background: Some crazy omnipotent being with far too much time on their hands has decided they require a bit of entertainment. So they did exactly what any rational being would do, and created what is basically a city sized arena on an uncharted world, and brought a smattering of different mortals from all over the multiverse into it with no warning or explanation. Now they just sit back and watch the chaos unfold, laughing at their pawns from a probably safe distance of several light years away.

The Setting: Some random planet near the center of the milky way galaxy. It holds a strange charm, being about half of Earth's size and twice as green. It orbits a red sun during the day, and a yellow sun at night in a figure eight pattern. The area selected for this misadventure is a very strange terrain that seems to have all the biomes of Earth rolled into one. The ground is sandy, but tall grass-like plants grow from it. Snow has about as much of a chance to fall as rain, or it could do nothing for months and be scorchingly hot. Trees seem to grow all willy-nilly, large maples growing next to pines which are next to cacti and palms. Some areas have no trees. Some days the ground is hard with frost, some days it decides to cave in for no reason at all.

The Characters:
    That would be where anyone that actually made it through all the above crap comes in. So you, if you're reading this. The characters can be your own, or from a fandom. The only requirement is that no two characters can be from the same place. Here's a basic form for them:

Name:
    Universe/Planet:
    Species:
    Background information(Optional):
    Abilities:
    Special items(Only what they would reasonably be carrying around when they got picked up. So anything from pajamas and a blanket to full battle gear if they are from a warzone for whatever reason. No tanks or animal companions please.)
    Reason they might have been grabbed by this omnipotent being(Optional):

The Plot:
    Up to you! How would your character(s) react? Is this going to be a bloodbath, or are we going to see a team effort to get everyone back to where they belong?

If you have questions, ask away. I know I'm rusty and probably forgot more than one thing. Or just say you have an interest. That is good too. Once at least one person is confirmed interested I'll get my characters up. You can have as many characters as you are comfortable playing.
    3 people like this post: Gerrick, Imaginative Kane, taulover
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:51:37 PM by Ruguo »
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Boxes: All of them
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Excalibur
  • Former Citizen
  • The Blade of Aiur
  • Skip this if you want, it has nothing to do with the RP
    Let me start this off with a bit of background about myself:
    I have not role played for about a year now. I was fairly advanced back in the day, but I had a particularly bad depressive episode coupled with some not terribly understanding people in my last RP, which led to a pretty bad experience all around that I may have just run away from. I admit that now, I up and left. I've been pretty terrified to start a new RP ever since, I still don't know if this is a good idea, but you never know till you try, right? I promise I'll do my best.

The RP
    Alright, so here's what I have set up for this RP:

Background: Some crazy omnipotent being with far too much time on their hands has decided they require a bit of entertainment. So they did exactly what any rational being would do, and created what is basically a city sized arena on an uncharted world, and brought a smattering of different mortals from all over the multiverse into it with no warning or explanation. Now they just sit back and watch the chaos unfold, laughing at their pawns from a probably safe distance of several light years away.

The Setting: Some random planet near the center of the milky way galaxy. It holds a strange charm, being about half of Earth's size and twice as green. It orbits a red sun during the day, and a yellow sun at night in a figure eight pattern. The area selected for this misadventure is a very strange terrain that seems to have all the biomes of Earth rolled into one. The ground is sandy, but tall grass-like plants grow from it. Snow has about as much of a chance to fall as rain, or it could do nothing for months and be scorchingly hot. Trees seem to grow all willy-nilly, large maples growing next to pines which are next to cacti and palms. Some areas have no trees. Some days the ground is hard with frost, some days it decides to cave in for no reason at all.

The Characters:
    That would be where anyone that actually made it through all the above crap comes in. So you, if you're reading this. The characters can be your own, or from a fandom. The only requirement is that no two characters can be from the same place. Here's a basic form for them:

Name:
    Universe/Planet:
    Species:
    Background information(Optional):
    Abilities:
    Special items(Only what they would reasonably be carrying around when they got picked up. So anything from pajamas and a blanket to full battle gear if they are from a warzone for whatever reason. No tanks or animal companions please.)
    Reason they might have been grabbed by this omnipotent being(Optional):

The Plot:
    Up to you! How would your character(s) react? Is this going to be a bloodbath, or are we going to see a team effort to get everyone back to where they belong?

If you have questions, ask away. I know I'm rusty and probably forgot more than one thing. Or just say you have an interest. That is good too. Once at least one person is confirmed interested I'll get my characters up. You can have as many characters as you are comfortable playing.
    I am quite interested. Should I post my character at this time?
    History in Wintreath
    Citizen since December 8, 2018
    Thane of Roleplay - 3 terms
    Secretary of Foreign Officers - 1 term
    Former Ambassador to Aukumnia
    Skrifa of the 38th Storting
    Thane of Regional Affairs - 1 term
    Excalibur
    • The Blade of Aiur
    • I am the captain of my fate. I am the master of my soul.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • Quote from: Excalibur
    If you wish! It's first come first serve in terms of where your characters are from, so you would have the first dibs on locations.
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Imaginative Kane
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
  • This looks interesting but I don't know if I will have the time to spare.

Question:  You say the being is probably safe from the action, does that mean that (theoretically) the characters in the story could attack or get up in the being's face, depending on who the characters are?  Would I be correct in assuming that a character like Dr. Manhattan would not be allowed in this RP?

Peace through Power!!!
    One Vision, One Purpose!!!!!!!!!
    Oldies are goodies.
    Travel the world
    Orca.
    Meow

Let us not repeat the mistakes of history.

Now tell me.  What do you see?
    Imaginative Kane
    • Wintreath's Unofficial King of Command & Conquer Single Player and Skirmish vs Easy Opponents as any Faction and against any Faction
    • Young pessimistic technologically challenged somewhat ignorant animal and especially cat loving idiot.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His/It/Its/Their
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • This looks interesting but I don't know if I will have the time to spare.

Question:  You say the being is probably safe from the action, does that mean that (theoretically) the characters in the story could attack or get up in the being's face, depending on who the characters are?  Would I be correct in assuming that a character like Dr. Manhattan would not be allowed in this RP?

Depending on who the characters are and how long this runs for, it could be possible to get up in the being's face. Characters like Dr. Manhattan and Q wouldn't really be allowed as why would one omnipotent being bring another one in to ruin their fun? But if you want someone like Dr. Manhattan without the omnipotence, it could be interesting if played right.
    1 person likes this post: Imaginative Kane
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Excalibur
  • Former Citizen
  • The Blade of Aiur
  • Quote from: Excalibur
    If you wish! It's first come first serve in terms of where your characters are from, so you would have the first dibs on locations.
    I had a better idea. I'll repost when I figure it out.
    1 person likes this post: Ruguo
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:55:57 PM by Excalibur »
    History in Wintreath
    Excalibur
    • The Blade of Aiur
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • Alright, sorry for the delay, I was a bit tied up with work and my pipes. I'm getting my characters up now.

Name: Ufinrir Tok (Finn)
    Universe/Planet: Skyrim
    Species: Orc
    Background information(Optional): Blind in his right eye, he is probably the worst companion to have, or so his teammates would say. He studies half the year at the College of Winterhold, and farms with his family the other half. He has a younger sister who he loves dearly. He trained in trapping to catch the wolves that plagued their farm, and now studies beginner spell work. Apart from his family, he hasn't a care in the world, and thinks he knows exactly what the future holds for him- an apprenticeship, a job, and eventually the guy of his dreams.
    Abilities: Magically inclined, skilled with his hands, incredibly strong.
    Special items: A large crate of cabbages, his work clothes, and his attunment gloves- he never leaves the house without them.
    Reason they might have been grabbed by this omnipotent being(Optional): He probably just thought it would be funny to watch an overly friendly Orc struggle.

I wasn't going to play a second, but I read a book. And that gave me ideas.
    Name: Mayhem
    Universe/Planet: Lumina
    Species: Diabolic
    Background information(Optional): Born in a lab and grown to specifications, Mayhem was bred for one purpose. Mayhem lived her whole life protecting her mistress: Hanna Von Markov, who was in hiding with the Excess for high treason. She only ever knew one thing: her mistress must live at any cost. She spent her life ruthlessly killing off anyone she perceived a threat without emotion, as she wasn't supposed to feel. She was spared from the mandated execution of Diabolics by her mistress, who figured they could hide together. When her planet was attacked by a potent neurotoxin, she had been one of the few survivors due to her unnatural creation. Having failed to protect her mistress, she sought a way to leave the planet, and seek her revenge. Then, her death.
    Abilities: Enhanced speed and strength. Lacks any form of emotional response and empathy.
    Special items: Absolutely none. Just the clothes on her back.
    Reason they might have been grabbed by this omnipotent being(Optional): Her universe had enough chaos without her helping it grow. He might have thought he was helping.

Finn was an old character I just had to bring back for this. Mayhem... the background the book gave her species was just too good to pass up.
    1 person likes this post: Excalibur
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • It has been a week, so I'm going to prod at this. Anyone else interested?

Excalibur, would you still be interested if it ends up being just the two of us?
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Name: Bovis Tor
    Universe: Mass Effect
    Species: Volus
    Background information: Bovis Tor is a merchant on Omega who owns and operates Bovis Tor's General Store. Officially, he sells standard weapon and armor mods as well as omni-tools and other odds and ends, but customers of more dubious character may also find an array of under-the-counter items like unlicensed firearms, drugs, and homemade explosives. Bovis regularly surrounds himself with guards from mercenary groups should anyone think of crossing him, though he has been known to use his heavy pistol to send a message. While he is skilled with numbers and logistics, Bovis' real ingenuity shines in his ability to create cheap makeshift bombs from seemingly useless junk, a talent prized by mercenary bands and gangs alike.
    Abilities: Superb engineering skills that allow him to create improvised weapons/tools
    Special items: Just his pressure suit, an M-6 Carnifex heavy pistol, and an omni-tool
    Reason they might have been grabbed by this omnipotent being: Perhaps to see how tough he is when he can't pay guards to protect him and if he can jury-rig himself out of such a precarious situation.
    Picture

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • Yes! Mass effect has joined the game!
    I considered bringing an Asari in myself, but decided against. Cause, too many characters.

I intend to get the first post and OOC thread up sometime Monday. I hope that works for you guys!
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Yeah, I was thinking of making a Salarian or Quarian but thought having a Volus represent the Mass Effect universe would be a little more amusing. :P

Curriculum Vitae

Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • And the IC thread and OOC thread are up. I hope they are in the right place. See you on the other side!
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Excalibur
  • Former Citizen
  • The Blade of Aiur
  • It has been a week, so I'm going to prod at this. Anyone else interested?

Excalibur, would you still be interested if it ends up being just the two of us?
    Yes I would
    History in Wintreath
    Excalibur
    • The Blade of Aiur
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • I've moved this thread to the Gathering Portal, though you should rename it to signups.

Also, I'm waiting to see what kind of character Excalibur makes before I post IC because I'd like there to be more than just two people.

Curriculum Vitae

Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Ruguo
  • Citizen
  • Honorary Box
  • I've moved this thread to the Gathering Portal, though you should rename it to signups.

Also, I'm waiting to see what kind of character Excalibur makes before I post IC because I'd like there to be more than just two people.
    Sounds good to me!
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick
    Ruguo
    • Honorary Box
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Him
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2