Pages: [1] 2 ... 5

Regional Map Discussion

Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • Gerrick has graciously agreed to create a map for the region, but of course we should have a general idea for what we want it to be like.

It also just occurred to me I forgot to even check if there even is any interest in a map, though hopefully there is. :P

But yeah, what kind of map would we want? I was thinking a sort of medium-sized continent with plenty of islands scattered around, so there's space for plenty of nations. My own nation I've imagined as sort of semi-tropical, though this is completely subject to change and it probably makes more sense for Wintreath to be a colder region.

And @Gerrick if there's anything I left out that needs to be specified, please let us know. :)
    Bodobol
    I would love a map.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • One thing we'll need to keep in mind is that the map will pretty much change from RP to RP...
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    One thing we'll need to keep in mind is that the map will pretty much change from RP to RP...

I think the map would serve as the basis of the Wintreath Union. At least we'll have a decent outline to change in other roleplays if needed.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I can see the sense in that.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Yeah, it can be large enough to have at least a range of subtropical to frozen Hell-scape. Then again, I could just leave it blank and people can just say what kind of climate they have, too, if that's easier.

If people could compare the size they're thinking to real-life lands (i.e. Australia, Europe, Asia, the Earth) that'd be helpful. Input like this:
    I was thinking a sort of medium-sized continent with plenty of islands scattered around
    is very helpful, too.

I think the map would serve as the basis of the Wintreath Union.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

One thing we'll need to keep in mind is that the map will pretty much change from RP to RP...

And we can always have maps for each rp, too, if wanted.

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    My nation is quite large (Being United Empires), however, it is a very cold and mountainous area.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • The Laurentian Empire is the size of Africa, and pretty much shares its climate and plant-life too, but one of its conquered islands rest in a very cold and desolate part of the south pole.

It exists out of:

Laurentus States- The seat of the empire, and where the Laurentian family rule firmly but kindly. The emperor is simply known as Laurentus, because of the custom of each emperor/empress giving up his/her name, to signify their commitment to the realm and their family, and not to themselves. The man formerly known as Marinia Laurentus is now the 20th Laurentus to take the imperial throne. The country exists out of a mediteranian (spelling?) area at its southern shores, and moving up north, it has a semi-desertous area, along with many sub-tropical areas and grasslands. At its Northern border, it connects with Kuncache and Hatoria.

Kuncache & Hatoria- Both countries lie close to the equator, and are completely tropical. They are bordered to the North by New Hatfield.

New Hatfield- The militarised Northern kingdom of New Hatfield consist mainly out of incredibly harsh deserts, and the citizenry have fought a decades-long war against religious extremists who want to separate from the kingdom. The citizenry are advanced, despite this, and their cities are a sight to behold, as each building is made out of a special glass that can withstand enormous explosions, earthquakes etc. The inhabitants are very warlike and cold, though. It has Mediteranian plant growth and climates at its Northern shores.

Laurentian Offspring Islands- Awkwardly named by a scientist who first set up shop there because of his need for extremely cold environments to test his technology and alchemical formulae. He soon ruffled a few feathers and requested the emperor's help in keeping the locals off his back. The emperor decided it would be cool to have a winter palace, and negotiated a peace treaty with the local chieftains that involved many fine cloaks and meats being imported to the desolate little islands if they would cede to Laurentian rule. It is about the size of Japan, and similarly consists out of many islands. I don't think I have to say anything more than that these islands are at the south pole, so expect it to be permanently frost covered and miserable.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • Hm, with a nation the size of Laurentus, perhaps it would be better for Wintreath to be two continents? Laurentus + affiliated nations could reside on one, while a slightly larger one holds the rest of the nations. There would be some ocean distance I think - enough to be considered an ocean, but not like the Atlantic or anything. In said ocean could be some of the scattered islands/archipelagos mentioned in the OP.

Zemas, when you say large can you give me an RL comparison? Perhaps a country or something that your nation is similar to. I've envisioned my own nation as moderately sized, similar to Colombia/Bolivia.

And to address the earlier posts by Zemas and Laurentus (too lazy to quote), yeah, this is intended to serve as the basis for the Wintrean Union and roleplays that follow from it or otherwise involve our nations.
    Bodobol
    Hm, with a nation the size of Laurentus, perhaps it would be better for Wintreath to be two continents? Laurentus + affiliated nations could reside on one, while a slightly larger one holds the rest of the nations. There would be some ocean distance I think - enough to be considered an ocean, but not like the Atlantic or anything. In said ocean could be some of the scattered islands/archipelagos mentioned in the OP.

Zemas, when you say large can you give me an RL comparison? Perhaps a country or something that your nation is similar to. I've envisioned my own nation as moderately sized, similar to Colombia/Bolivia.

And to address the earlier posts by Zemas and Laurentus (too lazy to quote), yeah, this is intended to serve as the basis for the Wintrean Union and roleplays that follow from it or otherwise involve our nations.

Russia, but half its size. So the size of Canada.
    Commander_Zemas
    Keep in mind its a harsh winter land with lots of mountains though.
    Commander_Zemas
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • Do you have any preference for whether it's north or south of the equator? And is it entirely wintry and frigid, or just mostly that way?

Sorry for all the questions, I tend to unintentionally get quite overly obsessed over details. It's nothing personal. :P
    Bodobol
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I don't know if it's relevant or not, but last year Weissreich drew a regional map that's been considered official. Doesn't mean we can't have different maps, but yeah...just thought I'd mention it. :)

Spoiler
    2 people like this post: Laurentus, taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Do you have any preference for whether it's north or south of the equator? And is it entirely wintry and frigid, or just mostly that way?

Sorry for all the questions, I tend to unintentionally get quite overly obsessed over details. It's nothing personal. :P

Mostly. We have a small but bountiful harvest season. And, lets say North.
    Commander_Zemas
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • I don't know if it's relevant or not, but last year Weissreich drew a regional map that's been considered official. Doesn't mean we can't have different maps, but yeah...just thought I'd mention it. :)

Spoiler

Oh my god I'm an idiot, I should have checked first. Thanks for alerting me, I'll report back to this thread in a few minutes. Just figured I should acknowledge I've seen this, I'll ponder over this for a moment. :P
    Bodobol

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5