Pages: [1] 2

Wintreath Union [Interest]

Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • My idea for this is a sort of international union between our IC nations, similar to the EU or UN - both are obviously different organizations with different powers, but I'm leaning more towards an EU sort of union where decisions actually have tangible impacts on nations. I think it would be a neat way to establish some sort of start for relations/lore, thus sparking interest for future RPs. The tech level is negotiable, though I was thinking probably MT/early PMT, seeing as how the majority of nations seem to be at that general level.

For a first RP, we could establish this organization and decide on headquarters and all that neat bureaucratic stuff. I think having a regional map would help with this and future RPs, but it shouldn't be necessary for this one at least and I don't want to assign a workload to Gerrick or anything like that. After the initial RP, I think we could just have it run sort of like the NSG Senate runs - there would probably be a continuous thread/perhaps subforum for it (depending on activity), where legislation could be proposed/drama could unfold/etc.

I'm thinking each nation could send a delegate, as is commonplace for these sorts of RPs.
    Bodobol
    I would be interested in this. Being in a Regional Senate always sounded cool to me, especially since they remind me of the Star Wars Republic Senate.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • I might be convinced yet, after I've gained a better idea of this.

Is it going to be character/faction/national?

This actually sounds like the type of one that would work best as a national RP.

And MT to PMT sounds good, as the really advanced nations are only at about PMT.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • I might be convinced yet, after I've gained a better idea of this.

Is it going to be character/faction/national?

This actually sounds like the type of one that would work best as a national RP.

And MT to PMT sounds good, as the really advanced nations are only at about PMT.

It would be a cross between a national and character RP - the posts would probably be focused on the delegates, but representing the interests of their nations (similar to how the NSG Senate works, if you replace parties with nations).
    Bodobol
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • But you could switch the POV to certain other members of the Delegate's entourage from time to time, as well as very select people from the country they represent, like reporters?

Reporters would be a good way to convey the general opinion of events in the country that gets represented in the RP.

Final question: would we use actual NS stats? I've grown to like it in another RP I'm participating in.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • But you could switch the POV to certain other members of the Delegate's entourage from time to time, as well as very select people from the country they represent, like reporters?

Reporters would be a good way to convey the general opinion of events in the country that gets represented in the RP.

Final question: would we use actual NS stats? I've grown to like it in another RP I'm participating in.

Yeah, I'm not going to confine what POV people use - Delegates would be the default, but switches to other POVs are by no means forbidden or discouraged. I hadn't thought of doing so, but that's a pretty good idea and I might use it myself.

I'd leave the stats to each person's discretion. I personally don't like to use them, but I don't mind other people doing so.
    Bodobol
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I can understand that. I guess my final question would be how the story advances. Would you throw in a few crises as an NPC that needs to get resolved?
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Bodobol
  • Former Citizen
  • I can understand that. I guess my final question would be how the story advances. Would you throw in a few crises as an NPC that needs to get resolved?

I'm more of an inclination to start things between or within the actual nations than to shoe-in NPCs for the purpose of conflict (not godmodding, of course; anything internal I would only start with my own nation, and anything involving multiple nations only with the permission of others involved). If that course of action isn't available, though, then I'd be willing to do that. I'll probably start off with some sort of conflict once the initial bureaucratic stuff is resolved, to set an example for the future.
    Bodobol
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Hmm, I suppose I'll understand more fully once it gets underway.

What we've done in New Hyperion before is agree who will take on a slightly antagonistic persona that might set events in motion, before the RP gets underway.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • @Wintermoot, is this something similar to what you had in mind at one stage?
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I think what I had in mind was more like a functioning national government legislature than an international org, but I was really just trying to jumpstart discussion on roleplay...this sounds like it could be good too. =]

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Think you might consider trying it out then, @Wintermoot? :)

We need only one more player for this to get underway.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Barnes
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintrean Press Secretary
  • I would like to participate. I've never specifically played an RP before, but I'd like to try. I imagine this would go much like my high school's Model United Nations would (if I could fit it into my schedule), except on a more personal level. I had also imagined this being a larger part of what NationStates would be when I joined, so I'd like to take a part if I may.
    Barnes
    • Wintrean Press Secretary
    • credit to @DorkCollie
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    We can advance this RP to step 3 soon when the idea maker has time.
    Commander_Zemas
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I would like to participate. I've never specifically played an RP before, but I'd like to try. I imagine this would go much like my high school's Model United Nations would (if I could fit it into my schedule), except on a more personal level. I had also imagined this being a larger part of what NationStates would be when I joined, so I'd like to take a part if I may.
    Just remember to join the Guild at The Guild Halls. It makes keeping track of all RPers much easier.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2