Pages: [1]

[SUGGESTION] New Website Possibility?

Deleted1
  • Former Citizen
  • I am glad to see how well this site goes.

But, the information provided here, are kinda in my own opinion splitted up.
    I've been working on sites designs, which i update and change them many times, to bring something new to the people! In case you want me, guys, to create a new site, with easier indexes and links to join in. With a better control on new registrations, better designs, and better provided forums. Feel free to ask me too.
    I know how much effort you have made to build this site, but in case we can bring up a better site, why not.
    Right?

Sincerelly

Latrovia's Kingdom

P.S here are some samples of sites that i have made :)

(1) The Crusaders Official Site (Non-accepted members, or yet not-accepted can view a part of the page...)
    http://thecrusaders.shivtr.com/

(2) Embassy site of The Crusaders. (open to everyone)
    http://crusadersembassy.wix.com/thecrusadersembassy
    « Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:15:21 AM by Wintermoot »
    Deleted1
    • Former Citizen
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I appreciate your input.

The development of the website is something that's still ongoing, and I'm certainly open to input on modifications, or changes to or development of an alternative theme, but scrapping the entire site and starting new isn't something that's on the table. There's simply no cause for it...the current website, while needing further developing, is functional and in many ways emulates forums which others are used to such as Zetaboards or phpBB. Utilizing SMF also allows us to easily continue development of a website outside these forums, and doesn't contain the bloat that many other forum options have.

If you would point out specific ideas, we can look at them individually. How exactly do registrations need to be "better controlled"? What exactly is wrong with the current design, other than that we're lacking region-specific branding as we're still voting on a flag? In what ways could the forums be improved?

Edit: Also, this should be in technical, so I've moved the topic there.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Deleted1
  • Former Citizen
  • Well shivtr allows closed registry application..which means, that foreign ppl won't be able to read anything further than just their application process...also the forums can be even more grouped, and seperated in sub-forums etc.
    It has a bad of the sites activity as whether how many registered members we do have.

Umm also the design its much more easier, and the navigation tool fantastic. Easy to edit, easy to develop and easy to design :)
    Deleted1
    • Former Citizen
    Wintermoot
  • So I took a look at this shivtr, and it appears to be similar to Zetaboards where you register and get a site based on a template that you can then modify somewhat. I really don't like these free site/forum providers because there's often a catch. Usually it's that you have no access to your data, which locks you into their service permanently. Also, many of them have strict terms of service that limit what you can do with those sites...those are the reasons I choose my own site instead of going with Zetaboards or a similar service.

Actually, when I looked at those sites on there to get some idea of what it was about, I found the "closed registry application" to be annoying. Literally all you can see is the front page, and to be honest as a user that alone would make me decide not to join. I shouldn't need to register for an account and then apply just to see what the community is all about. I actually prefer what we have here and what most other NS forums have...an open forum where people can see what's going on first. I think allowing people to see our awesome community encourages them to sign up and join it. :)

When I was looking, I noticed very few shivtr websites had over 200 members, and I can't help but wonder if this is why.

I'm still not seeing any benefit here...

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Deleted1
  • Former Citizen
  • Well shivtr allows u to track ur recent activity and ur data...also it allows u to modificate what you really want your visitors to see...for example if u have Gov secrets...that u want only one part of ur members or officers to see....then u change the view lvl....also u can decide what ur applicators want too see....like a part of ur forums...etc!
    Deleted1
    • Former Citizen
    Wintermoot
  • But...we can already do that here. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Charax
  • Paragons
  • Relic
  • Well shivtr allows u to track ur recent activity and ur data...also it allows u to modificate what you really want your visitors to see...for example if u have Gov secrets...that u want only one part of ur members or officers to see....then u change the view lvl....also u can decide what ur applicators want too see....like a part of ur forums...etc!
    SMF allows you to do all of that and more. There are various areas of this forum that you're not masked to see at the moment, military and Government mostly.
    Charax
    Paragon of the Realm
    Skrifa of the 40th Underhusen
    Former Prince & Jarl of Foreign Affairs
    Charax
    • Relic
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]