Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5

Murder On Mystery Street! (Game)

El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • To Sonia: We just want to get to the bottom of this. I'd just like to ask you a few questions myself. As the town watch, your testimony can make a difference.
    For Sonia: Did you have anything to drink before you got to the bar at 5:25pm?
    For Sonia: When you left the store at 5:15pm, you saw Jock and Walter get thrown out of the bar, and Shirley leave the bar. Did you by any chance see Adam at this time?
    For Sonia: When you got to the bar at 5:25pm, did you see the ceremonial dagger?
    For Sonia: When you got to the bar at 5:25pm, you say that the door was wide open and no one was inside. But you also say that Walter was slumped over the bar. So which is it?! Was anyone inside or not?
    For Sonia: When you go on patrol, do you take the same route every time? What routes did you take this evening? Can you show me on the map?

For Wesley: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Wesley: Are you sure you heard yells before Jock left the store?
    For Wesley: Do you take inventory? Between 5 and 8 pm, could you list all the items you sold? Be sure you get it right this time; you've already changed your testimony once to say that Walter entered to buy weed.

For Alice: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Alice: Could you name all the people who were in the bar at 5pm, including yourself? When everyone left, which doors did they each leave from?
    For Alice: Shirley says she left the bar before Adam did, leaving the two of you alone together. Is that true? If so, what did you do with Adam, and what did you talk about?
    For Alice: Between 5:15 and 6:30 while you were cleaning, did anyone enter the bar?
    For Alice: When you finished cleaning up after Jock and Walter's fight at 6:30 and stepped outside for a cig, did you notice anything unusual?

For Walter: What were you fighting with Jock about at 5pm at the bar? Can you remember how the fight started and what it was about?
    For Walter: When you woke up at 6:55, where were you?
    For Walter: As you were getting up, did you knock into any trashcans? If not, did you hear that noise? At about what time would you say that was?

For Adam: You're the homeowner. Could you name all of the tenants who reside in the house?
    For Adam: When you responded to Doc's question, you said you'd never purchased any sleeping pills. What kind of pills did you purchase from Shirley this evening at the bar?
    For Adam: What time did you leave the bar at? What time did you go home the first time? If there's a difference between these times, what were you doing in between?
    For Adam: After leaving home at 6:20pm, you say you bumped into Jock behind the bookstore. What were you doing over there? That's on the other side of the street from your house, behind the other buildings. When you 'bumped' into Jock, did you say anything to him? Where was Jock going?
    For Adam: When you got home the second time, did you see any breadcrumbs on the table?
    For Adam: At 7:05, when you returned home, you said you heard Sonia sleeping upstairs. How do you know it was her? Did anyone enter the house after 7:05pm?

For Paul: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Paul: You said Jock entered the bookstore at 5:30. What was he yelling about? Shirley says she saw the two of you whispering furtively at 5:25... What were you talking with Jock about at 5:25pm?

For Shirley: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Shirley: What kind of prescription does Adam have? What kind of pills did you give him?
    For Shirley: You say you left the bookstore at 5:40pm, and arrived at your pharmacy at 6:00pm. Why did it take you 20 minutes to cross the street?
    1 person likes this post: Red Mones
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:23:57 PM by El Fiji Grande »
    Resume
    Wintreath: (2020)
    Citizen

The North Pacific (TNP): (2018-2020)
    Minister of Radio (x2)
    Delegate of The North Pacific
    Minister of Communications x2
    Member of the Executive Staff
    Forum Mentor
    TNP Ambassador to Independent Order
    TNP Ambassador to Taijitu

International Northwestern Union (INWU): (2014-2018)
    World Assembly Delegate x4
    Minister of Foreign Affairs x2
    Contributor to The NorthWest Star

Strategos Prime (SP): (2013-2014)
    Minister of Science and Technology
    Minister of Foreign Affairs
    Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

Skyholder Aerospace Inc (SAI): (2013)
    El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • To Sonia: We just want to get to the bottom of this. I'd just like to ask you a few questions myself. As the town watch, your testimony can make a difference.
    For Sonia: Did you have anything to drink before you got to the bar at 5:25pm?
    For Sonia: When you left the store at 5:15pm, you saw Jock and Walter get thrown out of the bar, and Shirley leave the bar. Did you by any chance see Adam at this time?
    For Sonia: When you got to the bar at 5:25pm, did you see the ceremonial dagger?
    For Sonia: When you got to the bar at 5:25pm, you say that the door was wide open and no one was inside. But you also say that Walter was slumped over the bar. So which is it?! Was anyone inside or not?
    For Sonia: When you go on patrol, do you take the same route every time? What routes did you take this evening? Can you show me on the map?

For Wesley: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Wesley: Are you sure you heard yells before Jock left the store?
    For Wesley: Do you take inventory? Between 5 and 8 pm, could you list all the items you sold? Be sure you get it right this time; you've already changed your testimony once to say that Walter entered to buy weed.

For Alice: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Alice: Could you name all the people who were in the bar at 5pm, including yourself? When everyone left, which doors did they each leave from?
    For Alice: Shirley says she left the bar before Adam did, leaving the two of you alone together. Is that true? If so, what did you do with Adam, and what did you talk about?
    For Alice: Between 5:15 and 6:30 while you were cleaning, did anyone enter the bar?
    For Alice: When you finished cleaning up after Jock and Walter's fight at 6:30 and stepped outside for a cig, did you notice anything unusual?

For Walter: What were you fighting with Jock about at 5pm at the bar? Can you remember how the fight started and what it was about?
    For Walter: When you woke up at 6:55, where were you?
    For Walter: As you were getting up, did you knock into any trashcans? If not, did you hear that noise? At about what time would you say that was?

For Adam: You're the homeowner. Could you name all of the tenants who reside in the house?
    For Adam: When you responded to Doc's question, you said you'd never purchased any sleeping pills. What kind of pills did you purchase from Shirley this evening at the bar?
    For Adam: What time did you leave the bar at? What time did you go home the first time? If there's a difference between these times, what were you doing in between?
    For Adam: After leaving home at 6:20pm, you say you bumped into Jock behind the bookstore. What were you doing over there? That's on the other side of the street from your house, behind the other buildings. When you 'bumped' into Jock, did you say anything to him? Where was Jock going?
    For Adam: When you got home the second time, did you see any breadcrumbs on the table?
    For Adam: At 7:05, when you returned home, you said you heard Sonia sleeping upstairs. How do you know it was her? Did anyone enter the house after 7:05pm?

For Paul: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Paul: You said Jock entered the bookstore at 5:30. What was he yelling about? Shirley says she saw the two of you whispering furtively at 5:25... What were you talking with Jock about at 5:25pm?

For Shirley: How much money did you owe Jock, and what for?
    For Shirley: What kind of prescription does Adam have? What kind of pills did you give him?
    For Shirley: You say you left the bookstore at 5:40pm, and arrived at your pharmacy at 6:00pm. Why did it take you 20 minutes to cross the street?

I'm sorry, you did not sign up for the game.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • I'm sorry, you did not sign up for the game.
    I know, I only found it too late.... but it's barely gotten started. Any chance I could just join now?
    Edit: And I'm only the second guy with serious questions...
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:50:24 PM by El Fiji Grande »
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I'm sorry, you did not sign up for the game.
    I know, I only found it too late.... but it's barely gotten started. Any chance I could just join now?
    Edit: And I'm only the second guy with serious questions...

Hmmmm...... Tell you what. If @Doc, @BraveSirRobin, @Wintermoot, @Syraj, @Red Mones, @Kane lives and @Hydra have no issue with it, sure, I'll answer your questions.
    1 person likes this post: El Fiji Grande
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • Fair enough.
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Syraj
  • Former Citizen
  • I'm fine with it.
    Résumé

Citizen: 23 June - Present,
    Wintreath's Finest July 2018,
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the 29th, 30th and 31st Underhusen,
    RP Guild Rank: Layman
    Ambassador to Hartfelden: 11 October -
    Present,
    Thane of Roleplay, December 2018 - Present.
    Syraj
    • I am totally not sleazy. My products are top quality.
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Hydra
  • Former Citizen
  • Hail Hydra!
  • I'm fine with it! Just a heads up, I won't have too much time to participate due to school and stuff. :'(
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
    - Mae West
    Hydra
    • Hail Hydra!
    • I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Red Mones
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
  • I was going to make a joke about you being Senior Detective on this case. :P ABSOLUTELY you can join.as long as you keep busy in the spam wars          jk
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 05:34:35 PM by Red Mones »
    Red Mones
    • Wintreath's Official Money Launderer
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • I'm absolutely down given the sorts of questions he's asked.
    3 people like this post: Red Mones, El Fiji Grande, Imaginative Kane
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Very well, 4 people's good enough for me. @El Fiji Grande , here are your answers.

Sonia's Answer
    1) I don't care! You cannot prove that I did anything!
    2)Anything to drink? No, I did not, not anything alcoholic or otherwise.
    3)My husband? Now that I think about it, I didnt see him all day... so no, I did not see Adam leave the bar.
    4)That stupid thing Alice had hanging on the wall? I knew the damn thing was trouble, I told her so myself! Leaving it hanging so close to the door, any fool could just stroll in and take it if no one was looking. Anyway, when I looked in the bar, I was'nt paying attention to it. It might have been there, it might not have.
    5)No, Walter was outside. I got to the bar, the door was open. I looked inside, no one was there. I figured Alice was either in the bathroom or her bedroom upstairs. I then heard some snoring and looked beside the bar, on the exterior wall. Walter was fast asleep there, leaning against the wall.
    6)My route? I always walk near the main street. I just walk around. I never go behind the buildings or in the alleys, it's filthy there!
    Wesley's Answer
    1)How much money? 10 large ones, man. 10G, 10,000 bucks, cold hard cash, bro, from a loan I took from him a year ago. But I could pay it back, no problem, I swear!
    2)No, it was after he left, bro. He left, then there was yelling out from behind my store.
    3)Yeah, about the weed, I'm hoping we can keep it quiet, man. And, uhh, let me see.... Sonia bought a...a.. a soda, yes, that's right! Jock did not buy anything, Walter bought a little wacky tabacky and Adam bought a bag of chips.
    Alice's Answer
    1) How much money did I owe Jock. Ugh, I owed him about a quarter of a hundred thousand. He was being generous so long as I let him drink free in my bar. He was trying to talk me into making him a partner but I know better than to let that snake near my bar. Never should have taken money from him in the first place.
    2)Well, let me see.... Adam was there. Jock and Walter were there. And Shirley came in during the fight but left pretty quickly. And they all left from the front door.
    3)Uhhh... I guess Adam left a little bit after her. She would not know, she was going away from the bar. Besides, there's no one who can say that Adam did not leave my bar.
    4)No. No one did. The door was locked and I was downstairs the entire time.
    5)No, not really. Honestly, I was so angry I wasnt really paying attention. The only person I saw was that idiot Sonia.
    Walter's Answer
    1)Like I said, that jaggoff Jock got in my face. Called me a bum, a waste of skin, so I showed him who the bum was!
    2)Where was I? Where I went to sleep, beside the Bar.
    3)Trashcans? No, I didnt. Alice keeps her trashcans out back, behind her bar. I was beside it, no where near the cans.
    Adam's Answer
    1) Who lives in my house? Me. My wife. That's it. It is my house, after all.
    2)Ugh, this is a bit embarrassing. I've been having...bowel problems. Constipation. When Sonia had her sleep issues, I got constipation. I recently got a prescription for some Laxatives. That's what I bought from Shirley.
    3)What time did I leave the bar?... Same time as Shirley. And I...I'm not sure what time I went home. Why?
    4)Like I said, I felt peckish. I was going to the shop when I saw Sonia doing her 'Law and Order' routine, patrolling like someone out of a cop show, so I ducked down the alley beside the bookshop to avoid her. When I came around the corner out of the alley, I bumped into Jock. I hardly said a word, he was carrying 3 books and dropped one. Then he screamed at me for a good five minutes and left. He headed off towards that warehouse of his.
    5)Breadcrumbs? No. Though there was a plate in the sink that wasnt there when I got home. I assume Sonia had used it when I was busy.
    6)Well, we live alone. It's just me and her in our house. I did not see her but she did come down when your cops showed up and woke her up. And no, the only people who entered my house after 7.05 was the police.
    Paul's Answer
    1)Hmmm? Oh, money. Ony 3000 dollars. It was payment for a delivery I ordered from Jock.
    2)Oh.....Shirley.....Shirley did not hear what we were talking about, did she? She could not have. I have nothing more to say about this. After all, what would Jock and I have to discuss other than money? What possible reason would I have to talk to Jock?
    Shirley's Answer
    1)Oh, that. I owed him about 12,000 dollars. It was for a loan I took from him. That was a year ago when my pharmacy was not doing so well. But I had the money to pay him now and had told him so. I was going to settle up with him next week.
    2) Oh, I'm not sure I should tell you that. Confidentiality, after all. Though I suppose in this case, it would not be excessive to breach that, so long as you keep it quiet, hahaha! Yes, Adam, poor chap, has constipation. I was passing him his prescription for Laxitives.
    3)I dawdled a bit. I skimmed the magazine I bought and walked really slowly. I like to walk, get air in my lungs.
    2 people like this post: El Fiji Grande, Imaginative Kane
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • Thanks for answering my questions, and for allowing me to be a part of the game. I spent a long time putting together that post this morning, and would have felt heartbroken. So thanks.

Now, now, back to business.

I only have one question for a suspect right now:
    For Adam: You say you ducked behind the bookshop to avoid Sonia's Law and Order spiel. But why would you avoid her, since she's your wife?

Additionally, can I have a look at the crime scene? It's in the warehouse. What else is in there? Maybe it can help us discover what made Jock so rich that he could loan out so much money.
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Adam's Answer
    Hahahaha! I suppose you would'nt know. Sonia and I....we are not exactly going through the best part of our marriage. What, with her insomnia and everything her mood has been getting worse and worse. Now I can barely stand her constant nagging. That's why I avoided her, because I did not want another lecture.
    Report From First Responders
    The warehouse is bare. The selves lay empty, the only thing of note being the body in the middle of the warehouse. If Jock MacPherson kept records, he did not keep them in this warehouse, which is odd.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • For Sonia: At 6:45, you were seen leaving the warehouse, and walking to the bookstore. What were you doing at the warehouse?
    For Sonia: At 6:55, did you enter the pharmacy?

For Paul: At 7:55, you found Jock's body in the warehouse. What were you doing over at the warehouse in the first place?
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • You know...one of the side effects of sleeping pills is constipation.
    I don't suppose Adam would know anything about that?
    3 people like this post: El Fiji Grande, Imaginative Kane, Red Mones
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    El Fiji Grande
  • Former Citizen
  • Wintreath is Wonderful
  • You know...one of the side effects of sleeping pills is constipation.
    I don't suppose Adam would know anything about that?
    Brilliant...
    Resume
    Citizen

Minister of Radio (x2)
    Forum Mentor

Vice Delegate
    World Assembly Delegate

El Fiji Grande
    • Wintreath is Wonderful