Pages: [1]

Assassins Megathread

Chanku
  • Citizen
  • This is the Assassins Megathread, designed to contain various information on Assassins, from game-rules and rulings to guides and alternate rulesets.

Rules and Rulings
    Assassins Rules
    1. When the game begins the Director will assign you targets to kill.

2. To kill your target you must post a killing message immediately below the message of your Target in a channel on the Wintreath Discord Server.
      a. The killing message MUST indicate how the person is being killed and MUST ping the person you are killing.
      b. You CAN NOT use the Discord "Reply to Message" feature instead of a ping in the message.
      c. A killing message must be one whole message and not be split into multiple messages.
      d. You may not delete a message that has been targeted, nor may you delete or edit a killing message -- even if the attempt failed.
      e. Any messages sent between the message of your target and your killing message causes the kill to fail.
      f. It is requested, but not required that you ping the Director in all killing messages. See Rule 5 for more details.
      g. Bot messages will not be counted as messages and will not fail a kill if sent between a killing message.
      h. A Killing Message that is valid is not a valid target for your own killing message.

3. If you fail at killing a player, another Assassin may attempt to kill you with a killing message immediately below yours as if you were their target.
        a. Plumbers may only be killed by retaliation by the player they are contracted to kill.

4. Multiple messages in a row are to be counted as one message.
      a. Killing messages are considered a separate message from any additional message sent before or after it.

5. Upon killing someone you must report the kill to the Director within one hour of the kill occurring. If you fail to do so, the kill fails.
      a. If the director is active in the chat during the kill, the Director need not be directly pinged or sent a Direct Message.
      b. Reporting a kill involves either pinging the Director with the kill OR sending a Direct Message to the Director with a screenshot.

6. Upon dying you must report your death to the Director.
      a. If the director is active in the chat during the kill, or is directly pinged, then you do not need to inform them.
      b. Reporting a kill involves either pinging the Director after the kill if they are not pinged OR telling the Director in Direct Messages.
      c. Upon dying you are removed from the game.

7. You may not attempt to kill a player under the following circumstances:
      a. They are acting in an official capacity as a moderator, operator, governmental Official of Wintreath, or performing official duties required within Wintreath in some form, OR
      b. They are posting in #mental-health-chat, #vent-chat, #rules-and-guidelines, #roles, #announcements, or #suggestions, OR
      c. It has been twenty-four or more hours after the message was sent, OR
      d. The message was sent prior to the start of the game

8. Upon killing your target you will be given a new target from the Director.

9. The game will continue until only one player remains. That player is the victor.

10. All players are required to post at least 5 messages within the Discord every 12 hours. The Director may change this requirement throughout the game.
      a. This rule does not apply while players are waiting for a new target from The Director after a successful kill.
      b. Posts in restricted, governmental, or administrative channels may not qualify to be counted towards the activity requirement.
      c. It is recommended that the Director apply this rule to Assassins sign-ups.

11. Failure to follow the rules will result in disqualification from the current game and/or being banned from any and all future games.

12. If you fail too many kills, break the rules, are inactive, the director may send Plumbers after you.
        a. Plumbers are only considered players for the purposes of rule 3 by their target.
        b. The Director will inform the player when a Plumber has been contracted to target you AND when a Plumber is no longer targeting you.
        c. The Director will announce the calling of a Plumber.

13. The Director may, at any time, call or rescind an "Open Season" on a player for any reason.
      a. When such a call has been made, the player on which "Open Season" has been called is a valid assassination target for all players within the game.
      b. If you kill a player that is "Open Season" and it is not your target, you will not be reassigned a target.
      c. If your target is killed during "Open Season", even if you did not kill them, you will be assigned a new target.
      d. The start and end of all "Open Seasons" will be announced by the Director.
    Rulings from The Director
    The following record rulings of the Director in Assassins games that either elaborates on rules or clarifies rules in a way that does not either
    make it suitable for incorporation into the rules of Assassins or is situational. Rulings are non-normative and are not binding upon future games.

If a ruling is either incorporated into rules or has been superseded by the rules a note will accompany it.
    On the Minecraft Server
    RULING 001 - Minecraft Server Bridge
    Question Posed by: Marzipan and Trader
    Director: Chanku L. Kaizer
    Date: 29.01.2023
    Question
    Because of the bot that links the Minecraft Server to the #minecraft channel in Wintreath, Would messages sent from a player in Minecraft be a valid kill target?
    RULING
    Due to the requirements of rule 2 and 2(g) that:
    1. The Killing Message MUST be immediately below a message sent by the person they are attempting to kill (Rule 2)
    2. The Killing Message -- and as such the targeted message -- MUST be within the Wintreath Discord Server (Rule 2)
    3. Bot messages DO NOT count as messages for the purposes of the game (Rule 2(g))
    I hold that messages sent by players within the Minecraft server that are re-sent by the bot in the Minecraft channel on the discord server to be eligible for kills.
    However, if a person is merely posting in the channel they are able to be killed by another person sending a message on the Discord server. Additionally, the messages sent by the bot are treated as bot messages under 2(g).

On Reporting Issues
    RULING 002 - Reporting Issues from the Server
    Question Posed by: Trader
    Director: Chanku L. Kaizer
    Date: 29.01.2023
    Question
    If someone had to report technical issues in the Minecraft server and was reporting them on the Discord, would that be a valid kill message target.
    RULING
    Rule 7(a) states that a player may not be killed if they are:
    They are ... performing official duties required within Wintreath in some form ...
    This rule is intended to protect those performing duties that they are required or otherwise expected to perform where failure to do so may lead to consequences for themselves. As such I consider this the same as if a person were to report rule-breaking behavior within the Discord server, messages under the act would not be a valid target. As that of these behaviors are expected -- and indeed virtually required -- for people who are within the region, so to would reporting bugs and issues on the Minecraft server be protected under this rule.

Guides

Alternative Rulesets
    Alternate Rulesets
    Alternate Rulesets present alternative rules for Assassins and the changes necessary to play these changed rulesets. 
    For convenience these rulesets have a name and a 'reference scheme' to make it easier to refer to each rule individually.

Limited Respawn with Lives (LR-L)
    Limited Respawn with Lives (LR-L)

1. Rule 1(a) is added which reads as follows:
    a. At the start of the game you are given three (3) lives.
    2. Rule 6(c) is amended which reads as follows:
    c. Upon dying you will lose one life and are temporarily removed from the game. You return to the game upon being given a new target by the Director. If the amount of lives you have reaches zero (0) then you are permanently removed from the game.
    3. Rule 6(d) is added which reads as follows:[/size]
    d. You will be informed of your remaining life count upon dying.

The full text of altered rules is listed below, all other rules remain the same

1. When the game begins the Director will assign you targets to kill.
      a. At the start of the game you are given three (3) lives.

6. Upon dying you must report your death to the Director.
      a. If the director is active in the chat during the kill, or is directly pinged, then you do not need to inform them.
      b. Reporting a kill involves either pinging the Director after the kill if they are not pinged OR telling the Director in Direct Messages.
      c. Upon dying you will lose one life and are temporarily removed from the game. You return to the game upon being given a new target by the Director. If the amount of lives you have reaches zero (0) then you are permanently removed from the game.
      d. You will be informed of your remaining life count upon dying.
    2 people like this post: Wintermoot, taulover
    « Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 01:44:13 PM by Chanku »
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • [RESERVED FOR POTENTIAL FUTURE USE]
    Old Signature

Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    6th Underhusen
    Royalty of Wintreath
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    5th Overhusen
    Chanku
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • [RESERVED FOR POTENTIAL FUTURE USE]
    Old Signature

Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Member of the WHR
    6th Underhusen
    Royalty of Wintreath
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    5th Overhusen
    Chanku
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • [RESERVED]
    Old Signature

Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Member of the WHR
    6th Underhusen
    Royalty of Wintreath
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    5th Overhusen
    Chanku