Pages: [1]

[DEFEATED][SC] Condemn The Dourian Embassy

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Condemn The Dourian Embassy

Category: Condemnation || Nominee: The Dourian Embassy || Proposed by: Ramaeusl

The Security Council,

Proclaiming The Dourian Embassy as a nation responsible for usurping authority in the region of Osiris, and who, after usurping authority, led a particularly violent purge in that region,

Declaiming The Dourian Embassy's coup of Osiris as an example of an incredibly violent coup, one which resulted in the ejection of thousands of nations,

Angered that, during Douria's coup, Osiris was made a protectorate of Gatesville inc – a region known for its stance against this council- and perturbed that the nation of The Dourian Embassy, a nation with a tremendous amount of influence in Osiris, was pathetically thrown to foreigners for the duration of the coup,

Disturbed that the behemoth of Osiris was made a protectorate of Gatesville inc, and aware that no justification can atone for that egregious action,

Outraged over Douria's attempts at destroying this assembly through repealing resolutions which brought benefit to a wide variety of nations, the resolutions Douria has repealed include, but are not limited to:
    • GA#3 The Right to Fair Trial
    • GA#54 Dignified End of Life Choices
    • GA#228 Animal Protection Act
    • GA#248 Against Corruption
    Believing that The Dourian Embassy is a nation which has caused a significant amount of destruction, damage, and grief, and whose continued escape from punishment constitutes as a severe embarrassment to this council,

Hereby Condemns The Dourian Embassy.
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:30:45 PM by Reon »

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Sorry Reon...it's just been awhile since we've had new WA debate here, so I took the liberty of making the topic for the current vote.

Personally, I'm against giving Douria a badge for the Osiris coup. To my knowledge, he's never expressed remorse or regret for staging the coup, and I believe a condemnation would be something he would wear with pride, especially if he's as anti-WA as this resolution implies. Although seeing Venico and Raven downplay Douria's coup on the NS forums was amusing...if only everyone had been so mellow during the coup!

Also, condemning someone for successfully repealing WA resolutions is silly.

Nay

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation