Pages: [1]

[DEFEATED][GA] Cyber Security Act

PB
  • Paragons
  • Cyber Security Act
    A resolution to improve world security by boosting police and military budgets.
    Category: International Security
    Strength: Mild
    Proposed by: Friday Freshman

RECOGNIZING that in today's world, cyberterrorism is a serious threat that is often neglected by governments.

REALIZING the raw destruction that can be brought upon an area both on a domestic and international level by a small group or even a single person using computers and other technology

BELIEVING that all countries need to protect themselves and the international community from the perils of the web and the malicious people using the internet as a disguise for crime.

APPLAUDING those who have already taken steps to deal with cyberterrorism and other internet based problems.

Thus,

DEFINES the terms

A.Cyberterrorism as a maliciously intended attack using computers or any computing devices to cause large or small scale destruction or disruption including but not limited to physical, economical, political, and infrastructural to any other person and/or organization and/or their property by a non-state actor

B.Cyberterrorist as one who commits an act of cyberterrorism

C.Non-State Actors as entities that participate or act in international relations or organizations with sufficient power to influence and cause a change even though they do not belong to any established institution of a state. Organizations or individuals contracted or hired by the state are considered state actors for the terms of this resolution.

MANDATES that member nations make cyberterrorism illegal in their nations

DIRECTS member nations to seek out any cyberterrorists in their jurisdiction and bring said cyberterrorists to justice

REQUIRES that member nations also make the supporting of cyberterrorists through any means, but most importantly monetary assistance, illegal

RECOMMENDS member nations to share information with both their allies and the rest of the international commmunity on known cyberterrorists so that other countries can pursue those cyberterrorists who may fall in their jurisdiction.

URGES member nations raise awareness of cyberterrorism and other internet related issues within their nations in an attempt to educate the public as to the dangers of the internet.

Official debate thread: here.

Cyber Security Act" was defeated 6,621 votes to 2,581.
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 06:52:34 PM by Point Breeze »
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Reon
  • Former Citizen
  • I'm on the fence about this one. It's seem overly complicated which is usually a clue that something is horridly wrong with it... It's idea is also weirdly stated... You can't support cyberterrorists but if you are supporting them it's not cyberterrorism which is just a doozy of a headspin... I'm not quite sure yet... Abstaining until I hear some other opinions.
    Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.
    Reon
    • Follow the Truth, whoever that may be.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Nay! For the usual reasons. :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Amalya
  • Paragons
  • Countess of Bain
  • I'm against this. The contradictions and complications are simply too overwhelming to support.
    Amalya
    • Countess of Bain
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • I've given my thoughts in the NS thread, but to summarize, I think it's crap.
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Stark
  • Former Citizen
  • My nation is supporting this as I agree with the general principle behind it.

However, I do agree that it is poorly worded.
    Stark
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • I'd like to make the voters aware that the definition of "non-state actor" in this resolution has been plagiarized from Wikipedia.

See this post:  http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=21197177#p21197177
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Cyber Security Act" was defeated 6,621 votes to 2,581.
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]