Pages: [1]

Proposal for regulated nation RP

tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • This is rough proposal for regulated point-based nation RP. This game is not based on NS nations, but joining with your NS nation as your base is welcomed. For a succesful game I estimate that at least five players is required. Intended emphasis is on politics and making your ideal nation thrive in a world that has very real threats.

In short: Each player gets a set of points they allocate between five categories. These points represent players nations and are used in various ways to advance individual interests.

This still needs more work, but should give a basic idea. Intended launch date is currently Monday 13. October.

Thoughts?

---

Base economy datasheet

Each category has five base points and in addition you have five extra points at your disposal. At this point you are free to deduct and add points from one category to another. You are not obligated to spent all points, but you can't later use points you disregard now. Cap per category is in all situations 10 points, and each category has to have at least one point.

Plausible annual economic growth in total is between 0 - 0,75 points, this means total points to be distributed, not points per category. Plausible annual economic expenditure is 0 - 0,5 points per category. See Economy & Industry for more details.

5 - Administration & Security
    5 - Economy & Industry   
    5 - Health care & Social security
    5 - Military
    5 - Education

--- ----- ---

Population

You are free to choose the size of your population, it however affects your costs. Each 15 million citizens require one additional point spent to Economy and Industry, i.e. 15 million citizens require minimum of two points spent, while population under 15 million is basically "free". Having ten points in Economy and Industry allows up to 500 million citizens.

Note that having for example 30 million citizens and only three points put to Economy and Industry means that your economy uses most of it's resources to keep your population alive and happy. Undertaking advances or having population that exceeds spent points will mean that you are not taking care of your citizens, and increasing problems have to arise.

Population control is measured by how many points Education is short of full 10. Each missing point increases annual population growth by 5%. For example if Education has 7 points, you're three points short of ten, meaning your annual population growth is 15%. If you have 10 points in Education, you're free to set your own growth rate.

Time

One month of real time equals one year in RP. Therefore one week equals three months and one day equals roughly one week.

Advances

Requests to research major advances such as nuclear programs must be announced one week in advance. Other players can then either protest or support your cause OOC. If advance is opposed by two thirds of players, you are not allowed to start your program, and if you disobey, it becomes non-canon and you risk ban from the game.

If your program is approved, you become eligible to start your program. You need to set timeframe for your project, this starts second phase. During this period other players are allowed to gather information about the attempted advance by presenting plausible questions that must be answered truthfully. What is plausible depends on the subject, you are obligated to reveal any information that for e.g. could be gained by overflights or satellites. Player's questions are equally limited by their capabilities, i.e. they can't obtain information obtainable by satellites if they have no satellites.

Moderators hold the power to reject overly unreasonable or unplausible advances.

Privacy

Dialogs are by default public, but players can only RP with the information they have acquired by RP. Players are free to use information as trade commodity. Players may conduct dialogs in private from other players if they so choose, but even then either party is allowed to publish the dialog in OOC and/or IC.

Acquiring points

Players can trade their Administration & Security points for things/points they want from each other. To prevent misuse, points gained by trade can't be placed to Administration & Security and all transactions are subject to Global Trade Tax, resulting 0,1p tax per traded point.

Points can also be gained from other players by hostile means. Transfer happens when war is concluded by a new peace treaty. Amount and type of points is up to the agreement involved players draft. Losing side can't give away all points from any category, at least two points has to be left to each category to keep nations from collapsing. Points as spoils of war are category specific, i.e. points victor gains from Education must be put to Education.

Rules of war

OOC notice of war declaration must be given one week before any action is taken. War progresses by turn based acts. War against each nation is regarded as separate war, using points independently. Dividing army to attack multiple areas (see Land-section) increases cost by 0,1p per every other turn. Defender can defend multiple areas without penalty, however movement penalties apply.

War uses points. This ultimately means that if your points run out before the conflict you're in ends you lose. Defensive war uses at minimum 0,3 Military points per turn and offensive war uses at minimum 0,6 points per turn. High tech army raises cost by 0,2p per turn, while Low tech army lowers cost by 0,1p per turn. Each additional 0,3 points spend per turn increases the opponent's next turns cost by 0,2 points.

High tech military requires at least 6 points in Military and at least 7 points in Economy. Competitive (between high and low tech) army requires at least 6 Military points.

Any party that enters war has to redirect points from category of their choosing to up their Economy to minimum level of 5. This is the only occurrance points can be freely transferred internally from any category. In other words, you can't go or be in war with Economy below 5, unless your defence is outsourced to another nation. No internal transfer is required/allowed if you already have 5 or more points in Economy.

Economy of 9 points reduces war efforts by 0,1 Military points per week. 10 points grant 0,2p reduction.

In small nation armies can progress from one area to another during turns. In medium nation move to another area ends turn. In large nation move from area to another takes up an empty turn.

War stops when parties agree to cease fire and ends when losing side accepts peace treaty drafted by victors. Until peace treaty is signed war can be continued without OOC notice.

Land

Each nation has to choose a size from small, medium or large. Neighboring relations will be resolved later with the help of a map.

Each nation is divided into following areas:
    - North
    - North East
    - East
    - South East
    - South
    - South West
    - West
    - North West
    - Middle North East
    - Middle Sout East
    - Middle South West
    - Middle North West

Out of these regions each nation has to choose one new high density population area (hdpa) per 10 million citizens up to total of six hdpas. Nations have to also choose at least three and up to five major military bases. Same area can serve as both. First hdpa serves as capital city.
    2 people like this post: Amalya, Arsenioh
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:00:31 PM by tatte »
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • This looks awesome! Nation RP isn't my thing, but I know a lot of people are wanting this from a poll we did awhile back. I highly suggest you advertise what you're doing on our region page as well and see who  you can get, since it was a regional poll. :)

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Amalya
  • Paragons
  • Countess of Bain
  • This looks fantastic so far.
    Amalya
    • Countess of Bain
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Govindia
  • Former Citizen
  • tatte, contact me please.  I was trying to set up RP stuff too.  let's work together on this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Democratic Republic of South Nivogal
    Citizenship Granted 24 Dec. 2013!

------------------------------------------------
    Other Areas of NS:
    00000 A World Power: 1st Sgt, A World Power Regional Defence Force
    Celtica: Associate Advisor
    The Kodiak Republic: Member, The Kodiak Republic General Assembly

Govindia
    • Jedi Master
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Auditore
      Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • I threw a little advertisement on our region page, hopefully it catches people's eyes. :3

tatte, contact me please.  I was trying to set up RP stuff too.  let's work together on this?
    I don't want to be rude but your topic is nearly two months old now and by what I have understood your game had already been coming months before that. It doesn't seem like you have resources that'd be useful to me. I'm sorry to "steal" your thing, but as I'm one of those interested in nation RP I just don't see a point in waiting anymore.
    3 people like this post: Amalya, PB, Chanku
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Arsenioh
  • Former Citizen
  • I think I may be interested in joining this roleplay. What are the rules on activity?

Arsenioh
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • Everyting is still subject to change, but right now war seems to be the only thing that I'll obligate players to respond. The one week's notice preceding war can be renewed four times before penalties ensue, and once the war has started players have one week to use their turn, otherwise they lose their turn.

Goals for wars are set in the notice so even if someone is away they can't lose their entire nation. They'll simply lose the war (and points as spoils of war).

Edit/ There'll be highly limited amount of Veto-cards to avoid wars.

Otherwise players can "schedule" development of their nation in whatever degree they see fit. Lowest rate to produce national reports to gain growth is twice a year, so it shouldn't really be problem to anybody. More active RPing is rewarded with higher growth.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:26:32 AM by tatte »
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Any requirements regarding post length/quality?
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • I'm not currently planning on regulating how people communicate. If the balancing of other regulations is successful, players should pretty much regulate each other in this matter. After all, if you send the town's fool to conduct negotiations about partnership in LHC-project, you'll probably end up rejected straight away.
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Understood. Also, what time frame will this roleplay begin with?
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • If I understand your question correctly, all nations will start with roughly 1950 level of technology. Reasoning for this is that this way players have lots of advances to RP before they run out of reasonable stuff and start inventing antimatter reactors etc.
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • Just a quick refresh. The game is still underway, refined major points will be posted for commentary this friday and the goal is to determine by monday if the game will actually happen and if so, to start it the same day.

To uphold interest, here's sneak peak to war cost calculation table: http://goo.gl/OVzAIp - keep in mind that war is designed to be costly with zero permanent gains. It is a (relatively) very fast paced tool of politics.

This is both to assure the less warlike minded players that this game will not be mostly about war, but also to encourage those with warlike hearts that there is a way. It is however safe to say that war without trustworthy relationships is extremely risky.

The startup setting for all players will be equivalent technical level to any historical country from approx. 1945. The game is advanced through undertaking development projects that can either increase or decrease the growth of nation. Power is thereby obtained by alliances and pooling of scarce resources.
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    tatte
  • Citizen
  • Deep-fried cabbage
  • Trrrriple post! I hear a whip taken out. I'd better complete this post rather quickly then.

Yesterday I started seriously thinking about how to implement the game on a forum... and ended up realizing that it'd never be practical with this point system. So instead of changing my game I chose to start building a forum/site that could accommodate my game. Yes, I'm nuts, but I enjoy this kind of stuff too.

Since I'm lazy and I started just yesterday, the gamesite still lacks most of it's features, but at least signing up and starting a nation works. This also made most of the current guide obsolete since point-regulation will be handled by the site.

http://http://talvilintu.org/nationrp/

The point in all this is to be able to build up a game that can offer pretty much in NS's fashion a continuous flow of stuff to do, but instead of just politics it will be about practical things. You can't launch your carbage into the space if you don't have rockets. So go and fund a space program first, if you can.

(It's not finished but it's friday and I said I'd post this friday so... I'm unsure if anyone was interested before and even more unsure if anyone is interested after this dramatic turn, but hey, I'm having fun drafting this ahead anyway.)
    « Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 08:06:50 PM by tatte »
    tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]