Pages: [1]

New World Opening [proposal]

Awyyn
  • Former Citizen
  • Ive been working on a new story for my nation, Ive hardly been doing enough with it lately so this is well needed. I thought Id open it up here to see if anyone would be interested in doing it as an RP story. Regardless of if anyone in Wintreath is interested this is a story that will be occurring but Id love for anyone interested to join in! You can play as an individual or as representatives of your NS Nation. Here is a rough description of the opening storyline-

It has been two years since the Reclamation of Tovgorod to the Empire of Awyyn. In that time much of the Duchy has been rebuilt, and the citizens of Tovgorod are well established back into the Empire. The Awn Expeditionary Force has led a campaign in the frozen land to excavate and reclaim the ruins from the bygone era of Awn Rule now that the enemy has been broken and the land reclaimed. In the far north of the province a new ruin was recently uncovered predating the Awn. 

Excavations have unearthed a temple complex of unusual designs and origins. The inscriptions illegible to even the most distinguished linguists of the Empire. That is all except for one relief in an inner chamber. Archeologists have been able to decipher coordinates to a land far away, thousands of miles to the south of the Awn Continent.

After a petition and evidence being presented to the Imperial Court the AEF* has been dispatched to these strange coordinates found in the unknown ruins. After three months of travel three airships* of the Expeditionary Force find an area of the ocean strangely misted. Continuing through they find a massive island sitting at the coordinates from the relief in the Tovgorod ruins. From the ocean the land appears over grown and wild with jungle, and this information is relayed back to the Empire along with data on the islands resources. The island is rich in mineral wealth and it is decided that this unclaimed island should be immediately claimed, colonized, and mined for its wealth. With that a small colonial city is established by the Empire and named "Arun". Many geological experts and miners rush to this new colony of the Empire in order to make their riches, with the Expeditionary Force remaining to assist with establishing the Colony.

After a month a mining team returns to Arun with news that strange ruins are deep within the jungle, not far from the town. The Expeditionary Force immediately responds finding these strange ruins almost immediately with the help of the miners. The team dispatched quickly realizes it is identical to the one found in the frozen Duchy of Tovgorod. An Expeditionary Airship immediately begins an aerial survey of the ruins, which had gone unnoticed in earlier surveys due to it having been taken back by the jungle and barely visible from the air. Early survey estimates show the ruins to be a perfect square, of similar design to the Tovgorod ruins, and roughly 60 miles across. The overall diameter of the island, at its smallest area, is 120 miles across meaning this strange complex takes up a vast majority of the island itself. Mining expeditions are immediately shut down and cancelled. The colony of Arun was transformed into a headquarters for the Expeditionary Forces and as a hub for research into the complex.

Immediately the Expeditionary Force has two major issues. Lack of man power to thoroughly survey and excavate the complex, and it is of unknown origin and any located text is as of this time indecipherable. With this information in mind a call has been sent out to the Nations, Archeologists, and Academia of the world. Help to explore, excavate, and decipher the complex is needed, and all nations deserve to share in the wealth of information and academic pursuits that may be gained from this complex.

*Awn Expeditionary Force: The Empires official Explorers and Archeologists. They are also responsible for discovering new land, and assisting with colonial operations. They are the backbone of Awn Expansion and Historical Academia.

*Airships: This is not intended in a fantasy way. Awyyn is a MT nation. They have been using airships, or zeppelins for thousands of years. While it may be a bit dated, and there are more efficient ways to travel the Awn still use airships in a variety of roles. This is due to the Empire being a green nation and attempting to preserve as much of the environment as possible. Airplanes are used by civilians however are banned in the Imperial Proper in favor of airships and trains.

How it will work:

-Myself and maybe a couple others if interested will serve as Story Mods, they will be responsible for drop in events that will serve as game changers in the storyline. Drop In Events may be things such as Arun being damaged by a storm, series of traps discovered in the complex, etc etc.

-Either play as an archeological team from your NS Nation, or an Indiana Jones style individual

-No construction: The island is sovereign territory of the Awn, however the complex is being considered a neutral zone for study. No building new towns or cities on the island.

-Arun will be a supply and research hub for the explorers and archeologists. Stores, restaurants, inns will be made available for use. In addition to these several sealed research labs are available to use for study. A lab is provided for each team or individual desiring one.

-No Armies: Again Arun is sovereign territory and the entirety of the island is a neutral zone. No attempting to invade to take the complex for yourself. Teams and individuals may be lightly armed (again like a real archeological team or indiana jones) in order to defend themselves against the local fauna.

If anyone is interested or has suggestions or ideas please say so! :) Id love to hear feedback and maybe see some people interested in joining in.
    Awyyn
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Groezelgeel
  • Former Citizen
  • New lands, mysterious ruins and knowledge to be gained? Yes, I think Neon Towers would like to send a research team there.
    Groezelgeel
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Sounds like a very fascinating story! I hope you get plenty of interested people. :)

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Awyyn
  • Former Citizen
  • Hello Groezelgeel! Your welcome to join in on it. Do you have any ideas to apply to the concept?

Is anyone else interested as Id love to see this go someplace.
    Awyyn
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Very interesting!  Is there an ending you have in mind, or is this intended to be more go-with-the-flow, let's see where this goes, style of RP?
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Groezelgeel
  • Former Citizen
  • No, I only have a few ideas for the characters in my team, nothing about the story.
    Groezelgeel
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Awyyn
  • Former Citizen
  • Very interesting!  Is there an ending you have in mind, or is this intended to be more go-with-the-flow, let's see where this goes, style of RP?

I had been thinking of doing it as story based with an end goal. But I was thinking that since it's open to any interested party free flow build the story ourselves may be more fun as sometimes amazing ideas emerge from that type of story telling. 

I was thinking maybe it  could be a an ancient research center under the ruin complex on the surface...or even more open ended and interesting.....it could end up being the capital of a lost civilization (effectively making it the Wintreath version of atlantis)
    Awyyn
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Awyyn
  • Former Citizen
  • Due to the limited interest in this RP here Im going to move over to the NS Forums and see if there is more interest for it. Groezelgeel given your interest if the RP is pursued I will let you know.
    Awyyn
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Would you care to share a link to the NS forum once you get this running?  I'm interested.
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Awyyn
  • Former Citizen
  • This took me longer then I planned but Ive been to busy and just had free time now.

Signup and OOC Thread

Hope to see people there!
    Awyyn
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Groezelgeel
  • Former Citizen
  • I've made a post there. I hope this gets good activity.
    Groezelgeel
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Awyyn
  • Former Citizen
  • This was delayed due to my finals tearing me up along with 12 hour days at work for a week. ALRIGHTY

Ill be making the IC post today at NS forums. Hope to see some more activity cropping up for it.

EDIT:
    http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=315270
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:13:17 PM by Awyyn »
    Awyyn
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Groezelgeel
  • Former Citizen
  • I'd rather not have an RP with only two people. I hope you don't mind that I'm going to wait for more signups.
    Groezelgeel
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ulkhak
  • Former Citizen
  • This could be very interesting. If the expedition has need of a few extra diggers, the Ulkhish Commonwealth shall be more than happy to oblige.
    Ulkhak
    • Former Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]