Pages: 1 2 [3]

European Wars

Vozz
  • Former Citizen
  • This RP event still taking place as I am interested in taking part...?
    Vozz
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Clausewitz
      Wintreath Nation
    Prudii
  • Former Citizen
  • Citizen of Wintreath
  • I suggest giving three-five regions to players seeking to play an established kingdom. Ohter players may be given one-three regions and must start game a vassal state to the country they would be apart of if the map were drawn up per 1527 history.

ie: Some poor fool decides the best place for his fictional utopia is right dab smack between Prussia and Austria who may/may not be glaring daggers at each other. The region he chooses, happens to lie within Austria's historical borders, even though the in game Austria is limited to a small portion of it's historical borders. At nation start for Mr Utopia, he receives a visit from an Austrian delegation, what he does with it, is up to him and how long he want's to remain on the map. (numbers generated arbitrarily and open to replacement/adjustment)
    Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la. {Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be.}
    Prudii
    • Citizen of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Lindsnost
  • Former Citizen
  • So how would you go about implementing this?
    Lindsnost
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Prudii
  • Former Citizen
  • Citizen of Wintreath
  • First Implementation

Red is Prussia, Purple is Austria, Navy Blue is Switzerland. That's an idea for starting regions.

Note: The two beige patches in what is now France are part of England, the green strip is France. The yellow blob in the middle is the HRE, I suggest that "new" nations be born here if possible, for convenience, or by having the player write a rebellion in one of the other nations. Also the two Blue patches up by Poland are the split region of the Teutonic Knights and the Yellow Islands in the Mediterranean Sea all belong to Aragon, the yellow triangle in what is now Spain.

Second Implementation

In this one, I claim the teal territories in England the rest is unchanged.

Umm, I had to increase region count to keep things vaguely historic in terms of what countries went where and covered this much turf. Avg. region count is 8 now, even though Switz. just has four. I suggest we try to keep starting nations to about eight regions. The way things are, another player could join me in England, and we would have to either, work together and vie for supremacy in the realm of politics, or write out a civil war as our supporting factions have at it. Which I'd find very interesting, and kinda want to do now... any takers?
    Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la. {Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be.}
    Prudii
    • Citizen of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation
    Lindsnost
  • Former Citizen
  • First Implementation

Red is Prussia, Purple is Austria, Navy Blue is Switzerland. That's an idea for starting regions.

Note: The two beige patches in what is now France are part of England, the green strip is France. The yellow blob in the middle is the HRE, I suggest that "new" nations be born here if possible, for convenience, or by having the player write a rebellion in one of the other nations. Also the two Blue patches up by Poland are the split region of the Teutonic Knights and the Yellow Islands in the Mediterranean Sea all belong to Aragon, the yellow triangle in what is now Spain.

Second Implementation

In this one, I claim the teal territories in England the rest is unchanged.

Umm, I had to increase region count to keep things vaguely historic in terms of what countries went where and covered this much turf. Avg. region count is 8 now, even though Switz. just has four. I suggest we try to keep starting nations to about eight regions. The way things are, another player could join me in England, and we would have to either, work together and vie for supremacy in the realm of politics, or write out a civil war as our supporting factions have at it. Which I'd find very interesting, and kinda want to do now... any takers?

I like the second one. But you got Switzerland in the wrong area, you highlighted Southern Baden-Wuttenburg. And Austria is the wrong shape and has a portion of Germany. I think I know where your head is at though.
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:12:36 PM by Lindsnost »
    Lindsnost
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Prudii
  • Former Citizen
  • Citizen of Wintreath
  • I didn't like where Switz was either, or the shape of Austria, but I was trying my best to transcribe the one map I could find of Europe at ~1520 and that was the closest I could get to 1527, our start date, so I assumed the map was right and I was just remembering things wrong. Give me the map you want me to use, and I'll try to transcribe it onto the original. Or you can just PM the edits you'd like done to me... either way works for me. Or you could do it yourself, I've just been using Paint so far, mostly the fill tool on this map.

One other note, according to the map I was using, Cyprus and Corsica belongs to Geneva, the green in northern Italy.

Edit: This is the map I was trying to transcribe. With references made to this map to fill in Austria and Prussia as best I could.
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:55:10 AM by Prudii »
    Prudii
    • Citizen of Wintreath
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Heinrich
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 2 [3]