Pages: [1]

Wintreath's first costume party!

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • The time for the party was almost near.  It was early in the month,  but Gabriel had thought why not celebrate things a bit early?  He was just finishing up preparing all of the festivities in the royal castle, a surprise party of sorts for everyone including the monarch (whom he had persuaded to leave for an errand).

The castle was already looking festive for the holidays.  Fake cobwebs were accompanying areas where real cobwebs weren't found.  Carved jack-o-lanterns and other decorations were spread out, making the castle look positively haunted outside, and charming yet scary on the inside.

Along with the decorations were tables with various snacks such as chips and dip, carmel dipped apples with either crimson red or a slime green coloring to the caramel, little cakes shaped like cauldrons and pumpkins, and various other halloween-themed treats.  In the center of some of the tables sat a little fountain with a skull on the top that dispensed a blood red-colored fruit punch (next to the tables were coolers with other beverages).  There was also a mini bar decorated for the occasion to serve the more...adult halloween drinks.

Gabriel was putting the finishing touches to the karaoke stage as he walked over to the conversation pit and fixed some of the ghost decorations that moved around the main party area.  The castle was ready at last.  The haunted house portion was set up, with some of Wintermoot's staff dressed up and eager to scare some visitors.  The Maze of Mirrors was also ready to confuse any who decided to get lost in its depths.

Gabriel looked at his list of events for the party ranging from the costume contest, down to the race through the maze for prizes. Everything he planned was ready, and it was time to get the party started.

Well...almost time.  In his eagerness, he noticed that he'd forgotten to put on his costume.  He quicky made his way to the changing room and changed into the costume that he'd prepared: a demon hunter, something different than his usual style.

Now he was ready, and now it was time to begin the party.  In his costume, Gabriel turned to the staff at the doors (one dressed as a duck, the other as a dog) as he nodded.  It was time for the party to start.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • Sae'taer was worried, thinking he was late.  The burly draconian was in different armor, with a cloak on over it, and was wearing an illusion, making him look like a snow demon.  When the doors opened, he realized he couldn't be late, as there was no sound of a party beyond the doors.  He stepped inside, and removed his clad, shaking the snow off of it before handing it to the doorman.  The doorman told him to follow, and lead him to the great hall, before returning to the door to await more guests.  Sae'taer saw Gabriel across the room, and realized he may have chosen the wrong illusion.
    Keep it down, my head hurts...
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Wintermoot watched the scenery go by from the window of the royal carriage. He had planned on spending the morning lounging around the castle and catching up on reading, but apparently his presence was needed to finalize the renovations to his cottage getaway. He thought it was strange, since he couldn't remember ever having to personally attend to this before...did all the attendants take the day off or something?

Eventually, the carriage stopped in front of his cottage, and the work of finalizing things only took two or three minutes. He couldn't believe that he had traveled all morning just for that! He decided that there definitely needed to be a conversation about when it was appropriate to send the high monarch of the land out on a simple errand as he boarded the carriage again and it started to make its way back to the castle.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Gabriel was checking on the equipment as guests started to flow into the castle.  One looked positively frightning as what could be described as a snow demon, and Gabriel was having difficulty telling if such a hellspawn was indeed in the castle, or if it was just an excellent costume.  Their eyes met for a moment, and Gabriel could sense that this being was indeed here for the party, as he mustered up the courage to approach the figure.

"Welcome, welcome! Please relax and enjoy yourself.  There's a haunted hallway set up if you are feeling fearless, and there's plenty of food and drink.  Unwind, enjoy yourself, and I'm loving the costume!" 

As Gabriel conversed, one of the attendents walked up to him and whispered in his ear.  The scout that he had sent out to the cottage had sent word of his Majesty leaving the area.  Gabriel turned to the attendent as he spoke softly.  "Is it ready?" "It will be ready the moment he returns."  "Excellent.  Then we can get ready for the main event a bit early." Gabriel replied as a smile appeared on his face.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:33:58 PM by Pengu »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • ignore this post
    « Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:04:58 AM by Saerien »
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • Less worried about getting killed, Sae'taer wandered over to the minibar, and requested a wine glass of blood-colored mead.  Upon receiving it, he took a sip, finding it was the best he'd ever had, and wandered around the room, taking in the decorations appreciatively.
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Wintermoot has almost arrived back at the castle. He wonders what he's going to do once he arrives back...probably have a nice lunch, read a good book, and take a nap. The Monarchy isn't really that active during the weekend, you know...why does the Cabinet have to take the weekends off to go home? v_v

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • "That mead was made by one of Wintreath's best bartenders.  His Majesty actually made him his royal bartender because his drinks are among the best." Gabriel explained to the guest as he noticed him enjoying the drinks.

"Forgive me, I never properly introduced myself.  I am Count Gabriel Penguon of Cain." He added as he extended his hand.

As he conversed with the guest, one of the attendents from outside rushed in.  The Monarch was seen just close by...it was time.  "Bring it out, and let's get this party really started." He commanded as the attendent happily left the floor to grab the item.  Things were about to get even more interesting.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • "This is the most flavorful mead I have ever had," Sae'taer said, taking another sip  of mead, "I'm Sae'taer.  I run the Tavern of the Last Moon.  You should come by some time.  My mate and I would love the company, and my son hero-worships you."
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 02:06:54 AM by Saerien »
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]