Pages: [1]

Wacky RMB Rule Day

Doc
  • Citizen
  • In about 9 hours, we will mark our first Wacky RMB Rule Day, which will last 24 hours. Posts which fail to comply with this rule will be suppressed.
    The rule is "all posts must contain a haiku (for those unfamiliar with the term, a haiku (in English) is a poem of 5-7-5 syllables)".
    A similar announcement has been made on the Discord server, and I will update the WFE immediately prior to the start of the event; this early announcement is my attempted bribe for RMB-people to get on either the forums, discord, or ideally both.

Side note: wow this is the first time I'm actually properly using this area, how wild!
    5 people like this post: Red Mones, Elbbsas, Ogun of Valeria, Kye, taulover
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • In about 4 hours (yes yes, I'm bad at keeping time for the purposes of Early Warning), we will have our second Wacky RMB Rule Day, which will last 24 hours. Posts which fail to comply with this rule will be suppressed.
    The rule is "every sentence in every post must contain a color". There is some flexibility on what constitutes 'a color'; 'turquoise', 'aubergine', 'salmon' (i.e. shades) are all acceptable, you're not totally restricted to, for example, 'purple', 'blue', 'pink', or for maximum shiggles, 'Prussian Blue', 'Cobalt Yellow', or 'Vantablack'. Bonus internet points if you use some obscure bullshit that I will be inclined to initially suppress and you later successfully argue to me actually counts (for example, my perennial favorite not-a-color 'color', Homer's 'wine-dark', with which he described the Aegean sea, like, a lot). A risky maneuver, but one which will carry Much Clout.
    A similar announcement has been made on the Discord server, and I will update the WFE immediately prior to the start of the event; this early announcement is my attempted bribe for RMB-people to get on either the forums, discord, or ideally both.

Side note: I'm going to pretend this format is not only traditional now, but the Only Way To Do This Ever Again.
    4 people like this post: Kye, Red Mones, taulover, Ogun of Valeria
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • 3 months later, it is my pleasure to present to you...Wacky RMB Rule Day 3: Dream A Little Dream Of Me, which will begin in 22 hours (wow what a hell of an early warning), last 24 hours, and then be tragically forgotten within a couple of days. As ever, you must comply with the below rule when posting on the RMB, and any posts which fail to comply with this rule will be suppressed.
    The rule is "every post must contain, in bold, a couplet (defined as 'two lines of verse that both rhyme and have the same meter')". That's it! What a simple rule. However, as with last time, obviously I must provide opportunities for bonus internet points. So bonus internet points if you can work in a song title from the sort of Fallout era of music, which I'll loosely define as the 1930s-1950s, because while I only did that for the metrical fit, frankly, the song's a bop.
    A similar announcement has been made in the, er, announcement channel of the Discord server, and I will update the WFE one hour prior to the start of the event; this early announcement is my attempted bribe for RMB-people to get on either the forums, discord, or ideally both. Please integrate accordingly, don't forget to add the constant.
    2 people like this post: Red Mones, Wintermoot
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]