Pages: 1 [2]

The Tavern of The Last Moon

Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • "I have always loved the landscape, but I also was in the very heart of Wintreath.  My mate, weakened as she was from laying eggs, then fighting alongside me, and finally the flight from the cave, couldn't travel, so we stopped in this very tavern, which carried a different name at the time, and we fell in love all over again, with each other and the tavern.  I'd managed to save enough treasure to buy the tavern, so I did," leaning back, Sae said, "Would you like to know why my parents laid my egg here?"
    Keep it down, my head hurts...
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Wintermoot leans forward, intently focusing on Sae's explanation of how he came to be here specifically. Having enjoyed hearing his story about his past, he replies to the question, "I'd love to hear about it. Sounds like it might be a fascinating story." He then remembers his empty mug and decides the general category of what he would like to have next. "Do you have any teas? Something earthy and smooth, nothing sweet like the teas most people seem to like to drink."

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • Salen suddenly appeared at the Monarch's elbow with a mug of earl grey tea, saying, "Here's some earl grey.  If you would like some sugar to go with it, just ask."
    She disappeared back into the kitchen, and Sae turned back to the Monarch, before saying, "My parents were born over a century before I was born, and came from a distant land, called The Glorious Nations of Iwako, but fled because they couldn't get any peace.  They were shocked by how cold the weather was, but fell in love with the wintry landscape, and so found a way to enjoy the snow without going catatonic.  The cave my mate and I were run out of, my parents found, and raised me inside it.  That is why my siblings and I were born here in Wintreath.  My siblings all moved to warmer places, but I shared my parents' passion for Wintreath.  I lived in that cave with my parents for almost five decades.  But, one night, my father didn't return from a trip into town to buy food.  I went out after him the next morning, and found him hard as a rock.  I picked him up, but I heard something.  Remembering my mother's stories about the snow demons, I drew my bow, and, stumbling into view, was Salen.  She was almost catatonic herself, so I carried her as well as my father.  I got her into the cave alive, but my father was truly dead.  The sight was too much for my mother, and she went mad, and ran out into the snow, wearing only a loincloth.  I nursed Salen back to health, and chased down my mother, only to find her stiff as a board.  I buried her alongside my father, and that night it was Salen comforting me.  I guess some would say that it was predictable that we fell in love, but we did, and the rest is history."  Sae sat back in his chair, a tear running down the side of his scaly face.  Suddenly, a window in the front of the tavern shattered, and a flurry of snow came in, covering something.  Muttering a spell, Sae'taer sealed the window, and pawed through the snow, before coming up with a yellowed tooth, long and pointed.
    "Snow demon!" he said, throwing the tooth back to the floorboards.
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:33:43 PM by Saerien »
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • OOC: Sorry for the delay, but this would be a good opportunity for other characters to get involved: @Fortis Scriptor, @Syraj, @Pengu.

OOC2: The Glorious Nations of Iwaku? :P

IC: Wintermoot accepts the warm mug of earl grey tea from Salen with appreciation, and begins sipping it hot beverage as he listens to Sae's story. As the story goes on and it becomes obvious that Sae still suffers for his past, the Monarch  becomes wrecked with sympathy and sadness for the tavern owner. He's about to console Sae and remind him that at least he has his mate and his home when all hell suddenly breaks lose. Muttering a curse out of surprise, Wintermoot jumps back and takes cover behind the bar. After all, his expertise is at monarching, not handling disturbances and certainly not any kind of personal combat.

Once it becomes apparent that there won't be any combat in the tavern, he rises up and hears Sae exclaim "Snow demon!", which sends the Monarch throwing himself behind the counter yet again.
    1 person likes this post: taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Fortis Scriptor
  • Former Citizen
  • Writing Addict and Sadistic God of Mithra
  • IC: Usually Fortis would have happily ignored any action going on around him, but not this time. Whilst in the midst of writing a particularly difficult scene in his most recent story, the window of the up until that point quiet tavern had shattered. This startled the wraith into snapping his quill and spilling his brand new ink all over his tattered robes. Regaining his composure, Fortis let out a long creaking sigh. His eye flames turned a particularly dark shade of red illuminating his comfortably dark corner in sinister enraged light. He very calmly placed his book to the side along with his broken quill and stood up fists clenched. Even after hearing the tavern owner yell snow demon, the wraith wasn't swayed by fear as he stepped into the light ready and possibly looking for a fight.

Fortis Scriptor
    • Big fan of good conversation
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Syraj
  • Former Citizen
  • The elf was in the middle of her stake (medium rare, cooked perfectly) when she heard the cry of "Snow Demon!". She jumped up, out of her seat and whispered an ancient elvish spell. The effect wasn't obvious, but she felt fire raging through her vains. She stood next to the wraith, stearing down the monster, ready fir a duel.
    Résumé

Citizen: 23 June - Present,
    Wintreath's Finest July 2018,
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the 29th, 30th and 31st Underhusen,
    RP Guild Rank: Layman
    Ambassador to Hartfelden: 11 October -
    Present,
    Thane of Roleplay, December 2018 - Present.
    Syraj
    • I am totally not sleazy. My products are top quality.
    • Former Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • "Whoa, hey, all that happened was a snow demon fang smashing a window.  As a matter of fact, this tooth is porcelain, so it's a souvenir some kid got, then decided to make fun of me," Sae said.  As he finished talking, the door flew open, and Daleen durst in, bent over laughing, a slingshot in his hand.  Seeing his son, Sae realized it was Daleen who had sent the porcelain fang through the window.
    "DALEEN!  GET YOUR SCALY ASS BACK HERE!" Sae shouted, smoke billowing from his mouth and nostrils with every word.  Daleen charged back out the door, and Sae charged after him.  Seconds later, Sae returned with Daleen struggling in his grip.  He brought Daleen into the kitchen, and Salen started screaming at Daleen after Sae told her what he'd done.  Sae left the kitchen, without Daleen, and sat back down beside the fire.
    « Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:35:33 PM by Saerien »
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Fortis Scriptor
  • Former Citizen
  • IC: Fortis's flames cooled to a slightly less intense shade of red, but it was clear he was still angry. He looked down at the fresh ink stains dripping off of his robes, and muttered in a low gravelly tone "I miss whisky." The situation defused, he unclenched his fists and sat back down in his dark quiet corner. As he picked up his broken quill his flames turned a somber icy blue, made from a desert hawk's feather it had been his favorite. Not one to lament over something so trivial for long, even if it had such sentimental value, Fortis put down the broken quill and opened up his book to the first page and started reading over his draft.
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:41:24 PM by Fortis Scriptor »

Fortis Scriptor
    • Big fan of good conversation
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Saerien
  • Former Citizen
  • the Barkeep
  • Noticing the wraith looking at his broken quill sadly, Sae pointed at it, and it repaired itself.
    Suddenly, the door was blasted open, and a female snow wolf entered, carrying a puppy that was a miniature of herself.  She closed the door once she was inside, and stalked straight to Sae's side, before dropping the puppy she was carrying in his lap.  Looking at him, she said, "Look who I found with your son when he sent that fake tooth through your window, egging your son on!"
    The puppy cringed at the accusation, but didn't deny it.  Sae put his hand to his face, and said, "She's your pup.  I won't tell you how to parent your young.  But, please, stay out here for a while, I would like you to socialize some."
    "Fine, but I'm putting her in her bed, first."  As she finished, the She-Wolf picked up the pup again, and stalked up the stairs to the living area.  She returned a few minutes later, clearly less angry, but still frustrated.  She hopped onto Sae's lap, and laid down, clearly not going to move.
    Sae sighed, and started stroking her soft fur, waiting for the Monarch to break cover behind the bar and join him again.
    « Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:37:28 PM by Saerien »
    Saerien
    • the Barkeep
    • Honora me vitae meae
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Ezkiolandgamer
  • Former Citizen
  • *A elf/mermaid/fairy tri-breed dressed up in ninja/pirate outfit who looked too young for drinks came into the bar. She run up into the counter and floated up to the counter slamming 700$ worth of wintreath currency onto the counter.* "Is this enough for root beer?" *The young kid asked, smiling, not knowing everything is free.*

(Maintain me if someone joins or replys.)

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Ezkiolandgamer
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      They/Them/Theirs/She/Her/it
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2]