Pages: [1]

Valeria Manor

Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • Home of the Noble House of Valeria

Oh, do come inside out of the cold.  My brothers and I always enjoy having guests stop by. My name is Colberius X.  And you are? ...  Welcome to Valeria Manor! Please, take a seat by the fire... Oops, so sorry, I always tell Ara not to leave his weapons lying around where someone might trip over them, but he never seems to listen. ... You're probably here to see my brother Laurentus, aren't you? It seems that everyone is.  He is a Count after all, and very important, but it seems a little unfair that he gets all these visitors and the rest of us don't.  Tau and Robin spend all their time mapping the grounds and digging for diamonds in the garden, so they're hardly bothered by it, but I'm rarely called to the castle or the embassy of late, so I spend far too much time here at home with no one to talk to.  But enough about me and my family.  Tell me about yourself!

All are welcome to stop by for a chat, be it for business or just a social call.  The gates of Valeria Manor are always open!

Founder: Colberius X, 54
    Patriarch: taulover, 55 (Brother of Colberius)
    Brothers to the Patriarchs:
    - Aragonn, 48
    - Laurentus, Count of Highever, 47
    Children:
    - BraveSirRobin
    - North
    - xXTheHydraXx
    - Cinciri
    - Mathyland
    - Sapphiron
    - Mateo
    - Dani
    - Michi, Count of Cain
    - Ogun
    Family Tree - WIP

Officially Registered: May 6, 2015
    Raised to Nobility: January 9, 2016

Photo Credit: Robert Davies
    6 people like this post: BraveSirRobin, Hydra, taulover, Arenado, Aragonn, Laurentus
    « Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 08:05:21 AM by Michi »

First Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria - Founded 5.06.2015
    Former Peer of the Overhusen - Served 4.17.2015 until 6.08.2016
    Recipient of the Wintreath Commendation - Awarded 11.02.2017

Lord Inquisitor
    Ambassador of New Hyperion
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • I serve the balance, and through it the Force shall guide me.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • *Walks in with @xXTheHydraXx and @taulover

"We're back from our expedition in Minecraft!!  How goes things here at the manor at present?  The renovations look nice..."
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Laurentus looks up with a serious expression on his face, decides greeting his family members would be terribly inefficient, and gets back to his duties as a Count. He does make a note to greet each of his nephews with a new horse later, though.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • @taulover @Laurentus @BraveSirRobin @Hydra @North

Here's Colby's farewell post. He forgot to post it before leaving us, but has now shared it with me. I only thought it'd be appropriate to share it here.

The orange glow of the setting sun flooded through the ornate windows of the First Bank of Wintreath. Silhouetted against the light, the Chairman of Valeria Bank gazed out over the city of Rivain.  As the highest office in the bank, both figuratively and literally, the office of the Chairman afforded him an unmatched view of the seat of House Valeria. From his vantage point, the chairman could see all the way to the outskirts of the city.  Rivain’s imposing towers and spires, their dark stone standing in stark relief against the amber sky, were a testament to the influence House Valeria had over centuries of the city’s growth. 
    As the sun neared the horizon, the Chairman sipped from a glass of wine, some of the finest that Androx had to offer.  With the other hand, he stroked the head of his loyal Fenrisian icewolf, Severon, one of a pair he had brought back from a trip to Hyperion several years earlier.  Severon’s mate, Numenoria, lay curled up at the Chairman’s feet. All three of them stayed just as they were, unmoving and gazing out over the city below, until the entirety of the sun disappeared below the horizon.
    In the fast-fading twilight, the Chairman turned his back to the window.   Setting the now-empty wineglass on the massive desk that occupied the center of the office, he opened the desk’s top left drawer and withdrew a revolver, along with a simple leather holster. He slipped the holster on with a practiced hand, sliding the revolver into its place beneath his left arm. From a shelf behind the desk he retrieved his sword belt, buckling it around his waist.  His long overcoat and wide-brimmed hat, hanging from pegs near the door, were the last things to be put on.
    Fingers closing over the knob of the door, the Chairman called over his shoulder, “Numenoria, Severon… Come.”  The pair of icewolves slipped past him into the hallway without a sound.  As he crossed the threshold of his office, the Chairman paused, looking back at the room; he knew that he would not see it again for some time.  It was altogether warm and familiar and safe, and he was leaving it behind, but he took solace in knowing that he would return to it in time.  Closing the door tightly behind him, he and his canine companions walked down the hall without looking back.
       A fire crackled in the hearth, its warmth and light keeping the darkness and cold of the Ambassador’s study at bay.  At his desk, the Ambassador put words onto paper with slow, sure strokes of his pen.  As he finished each letter in turn, he scrawled his signature at the bottom of the page.  When he had written and signed all that he needed to, he carefully folded and sealed them. Satisfied that all was in order, the Ambassador pulled on his overcoat and slipped the letters into an inside pocket.  He turned to leave, and for the second time that evening he found himself stopped in the doorway of a room he was going to miss in the months to come.  The same thought as the first time kept him moving, and he made his way down to the manor’s main hall.
       While every member of the House always had a bed waiting for them at the manor, it was very often the case that the Ambassador had the entire manor to himself.  Other members of the family would often stop by, but they’d rarely spend more than a night or two before continuing on to another destination.  So it was that there was only person waiting for him in the main hall, flanked by a pair of Fenrisian icewolves.  The Ambassador approached his old friend with a tired smile. The other man answered the unspoken question, responding, “We’re ready to depart for Hammerfell as soon as you are, sir.” The Ambassador placed a hand on his friend and assistant’s shoulder.  “Thank you, Elias. I’ll be right out.”  Elias nodded and took his leave, with Severon trotting after him out the door.  As the Ambassador cast a fond eye over the main hall of Valeria Manor, Numenoria tilted her head and regarded him with a knowing look.  With a sigh, the Ambassador scratched behind the icewolf’s ear and stepped out into the night.
       The Patriarch walked along the docks of Sørhavn, Severon and Numenoria padding along to either side.  His destination, at least for this stage of his journey, was finally in sight. The Athenaeum, freshly refit from House Valeria’s own shipyards, could be seen three berths over from where they were now.  The Valerian tall-ship, due to cast off in less than two hours, was bound for Hyperion.  From there, its destinations remained to be seen.  When it would return to the land of eternal winter, no one could say. The Patriarch would travel with it until that day. 
       In the past, the Patriarch’s pursuit of knowledge and wisdom had grown to interfere with his duties elsewhere.  Even when he had found renewed vigor and threw himself into his work with new fervor, he eventually found himself unable to keep up with his responsibilities once again.  Having had enough, the Patriarch decided to dedicate this portion of his life completely to the pursuit of knowledge.  Travelling across the world was the perfect opportunity, but it meant leaving Wintreath, the place he had called home for so long.
       The Patriarch reached the bottom of the gangplank, and he hesitated. This was the point of no return, at least mentally. Am I making the right choice? Elias would watch the manor while he was gone, would keep a fire burning in the hearth for his family members to come home to; all of his letters would be delivered by courier in the week following his departure. And even in his own travels, old-fashioned mail would still catch up with him every so often. He wouldn’t be cut off completely. Reassured that everything was in order, and knowing it was time to leave, the Patriarch boarded Athenaeum, with his icewolves by his side.
       Colberius Valeria did not know when he would return to Wintreath, but he was certain that he would.  Whether it be at the conclusion of his quest for knowledge or at the behest of a friend in need, he would come back.  The land that had been a home for him wouldn’t stop being home just because he was away.
    5 people like this post: taulover, Hydra, Laurentus, Michi, Arenado
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Tell him to stop this foolishness and come back, dammit.
    5 people like this post: BraveSirRobin, Red Mones, Imaginative Kane, Hydra, taulover
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • I will not say goodbye, instead, I shall say Auf Wiedersehen, Colby.
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Goodbye, Valeria. I wish you all the best.

North Malediction Valeria
    2 people like this post: taulover, Laurentus
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Goodbye good cousin!  Pray tell why ye leave? 
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Wintreath:

New Hyperion:

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Bad things happened and I no longer feel like I have a place here or am particularly welcome.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • Hello, House Valeria. I've missed you dearly.
    @Aragonn @Laurentus @taulover @BraveSirRobin @xXTheHydraXx

Obviously, I've missed QUITE a lot around here over the past few years...including MY BECOMING A GRANDFATHER??? (Seriously though, I took one look at the House's current members in the Orphanage thread and have absolutely no idea how you all conned so many fine individuals into joining the family.  :P )

I've only been here 10 minutes, but it feels good to be back in Wintreath.  It's definitely going to take some time to catch up on what I've missed (I got a commendation, apparently?), to meet everyone new, and to remember how to play Werewolf, but I feel like I'd be remiss if I didn't start catching up on things right here, with House Valeria. So, what's new?

Lord Inquisitor
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • -
    Apparently, some usernames have changed. Whoops. @Hydra
    1 person likes this post: Hydra

Lord Inquisitor
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Oh, man, I don't know where even to start. Do you have Discord?
    2 people like this post: taulover, BraveSirRobin
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Colberius X
  • Citizen
  • Servant of Order
  • Oh, man, I don't know where even to start. Do you have Discord?
    I do, and just joined the regional server.
    3 people like this post: Laurentus, taulover, BraveSirRobin

Lord Inquisitor
    Colberius X
    • Servant of Order
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Welcome back, brother! Needless to say, you have been missed.
    3 people like this post: Colberius X, taulover, Laurentus
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • Welcome back father!  Glad to have you back!  And yes the family has grown quite a bit!  Perhaps we will even have to construct the Manor on the Minecraft Server finally in honor of your return @taulover @Hydra
    4 people like this post: Colberius X, Hydra, taulover, Laurentus
    Sir Robin of Camelot

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Wintreath:

New Hyperion:

BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]