Pages: [1]

Ye Done Found Me Campaign! (Bonus Content Inside)

Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • Good day, everyone, and thank you for your interest in purchasing the new and improved Laurentus Model T5002. This new model improves upon the old one in just about every way imaginable, and includes:

1. A new humour algorithm that has increased the Jokes per Minute in Response to Mundane Outside Stimuli by an amazing 5.6:1!

2. New and improved logic and reasoning simulators, powered by the strongest, military-grade octa-core CPU on the planet. This new feature means that your T5002 can now observe, interpret and respond to legal challenges much faster and more accurately than before!

3. The new Second Wind Generator means that your T5002 can now deliver even more work before needing to recharge than before! Given how hard-working and active the previous model was, this is quite the feat, and no competitor can come close to the activity of this unit.

For these and many other benefits, don't delay! Buy the new Laurentus model T5002 today!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for my actual campaign. :P

I've been an active part of the community for awhile now, and a good part of that activity has been in the Storting. Even when I don't have a position in it, I find myself drawn to the various legal issues, and give my opinion to the Skrifa down in the Citizen's Platform, and even write the occasional law which they end up passing through first the Underhusen, then the Overhusen. I've been the Speaker and Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen, and have served on the Overhusen too. I've been involved with the Constitutional Convention from the start, and I was the catalyst for it when I made my concerns known about the Underhusen and its attempts to generate activity in often overly-political, divisive and downright fatiguing means that don't fit in with the rest of the community, just for the sake of activity and its continued existence. For better or for worse, I will be remembered as the mastermind of the UH's destruction, if Wintermoot's proposal for an Open Assembly passes. I hope I won't come to regret that feat.

But life goes on, and this campaign isn't about the past, but the future!

There is but one seat open, and should you see fit to have me fill it, I will:

1. Prompt the UH to activity when they're dragging their feet. I've done this often in the past from within and without the Storting, and will definitely continue to do so.

2. I'll help ensure that the transition from our current system of governance into the proposed open assembly is as smooth as possible.

3. Bring the Storting's attention to various things it needs to do. I've done this often enough with things like the Repeal of the Citizenship in the NPO/NLO Act, which I wrote while not a member of the Storting at that time.

And that's about it. I could go on to name a few things I'm responsible for outside of legislation, but suffice to say that my involvement with just about every aspect of the region and its government has given me a varied perspective on the issues that stare us in the face. Please, ask me questions, and as always, decide for yourself whether I'm worth your vote.
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:41:47 PM by Laurentus »
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • No one has any questions? I can't decide whether that's a good or bad thing.
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • I usually think it's good.  It means they like you well enough.  :P
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi