Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 42

UPDATES: Current Updates

Deleted1
  • Former Citizen
  • Updates 2014.05.29
    There is now a new section on the website for guides, which will replace the current guides forum when the current batch of recruitment stamps run out. Our recruitment message links to guides, so until stamps run out and we can edit the message, we will need to keep that forum in place.

And unlike the law page, admins can create and edit guides right out of the box. :P

During the course of creating this, I discovered an error I'd made with parsing the text on the law page in a way that could cause extra line breaks to appear under certain circumstances. This has been fixed.

This is really a great change :)
    Deleted1
    • Former Citizen
    Jone
  • Former Citizen
  • Updates 2014.05.29
    There is now a new section on the website for guides, which will replace the current guides forum when the current batch of recruitment stamps run out. Our recruitment message links to guides, so until stamps run out and we can edit the message, we will need to keep that forum in place.

And unlike the law page, admins can create and edit guides right out of the box. :P

During the course of creating this, I discovered an error I'd made with parsing the text on the law page in a way that could cause extra line breaks to appear under certain circumstances. This has been fixed.

I like it...but it could use some more pzazz :P
    Check out my Interview!
    Jone
    • Master of Seductive Eccentricity
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Weissreich
  • Paragons
  • Duke of Wintreath
  • NB: formatting issues with the "Instructed by..." areas being at different indentations, unless that's deliberate? Looks good otherwise!
    Duke Klause Edíl-Astos Meindhert
    Archivist Academic

"Not all those who wander are lost."
    Weissreich
    • Duke of Wintreath
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Meindhert
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Updates 2014.05.31

Mostly some minor updates. I fixed the issue Weissreich was having with Firefox not scaling images in posts correctly, updated portions of the main website to use the same skin elements as the law and guides pages, and attempted to give the law and guides index pages some 'pzazz', though I suck at doing that. :P

The major thing is that we will no longer accept accounts that attempt to register with a disposable email address...that is, temporary emails that expire after a set amount of time. The site won't accept registration now if attempting to register with some of the major ones, but if others get through, they will fail the admin security check upon applying for ambassadorship or Citizenship. These services are meant for instances where an email might get spammed if you submit a real one, but we do not send out spam or sell our email information out. We do require email activation to provide a slight assurance that people that register on the forums are legit...obviously, with a disposable email this no longer works.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Updates 2014.06.08

The embassy/consulate overhaul has been completed, resulting in the removal of ten additional subforums. This completes our major efforts to streamline the forums, though I may be able to think up of smaller ideas as time goes on. And besides that, the new embassy area just lookes awesomely nice, imo! :D

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Updates 2014.06.09

And issue with Tapatalk has been fixed...anyone that wasn't able to use it should be able to now. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Update 2014.06.23

Another minor update...when registering, the correct time offset of the user should be automatically detected, allowing for them to view times from their timezone without doing anything. Note that this only happens at registration...if daylight savings time begins or ends later on, the offset must still be manually changed from the user control panel.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Update 2014.06.26

At the request of Denth Kasten, the accounting and donate links on the forum front page now open in new windows/tabs by default. :)
    1 person likes this post: Dawsinian

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Update 2014.07.19

I have introduced two new subforums, The Newsstand, which is for both domestic and foreign news publications, and The Great Discussion Hall, which is for serious discussion and debates about issues. I hope that introducing these forums will foster more discussions in these areas and will give our Citizens easier access to learn what's going on within the region and abroad. :)

I'm looking at streamlining the roleplaying forums next. We have a lot of roleplays and potential roleplays, and it doesn't really make since to have a dedicated subforum for only 2-4 topics ever. I'm looking to merge them into one subforum, but in a way that each roleplay is still able to maintain multiple topics and still be organized. Anyone have any thoughts there?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • Very cool.  Is the Discussion Hall for both in-game and real life events? 
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • It's meant mostly for real life issues/events.

Was there a particular NS event you wanted to discuss though?

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    PB
  • Paragons
  • It's meant mostly for real life issues/events.

Was there a particular NS event you wanted to discuss though?
    Nope. I was just curious [emoji1]
    PB
    • Paragons
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Stacky
  • Former Citizen
  • The JoI

• I'm looking at streamlining the roleplaying forums next. We have a lot of roleplays and potential roleplays, and it doesn't really make since to have a dedicated subforum for only 2-4 topics ever. I'm looking to merge them into one subforum, but in a way that each roleplay is still able to maintain multiple topics and still be organized. Anyone have any thoughts there?

Well the main problem I could see is that the whole forum would become quite cluttered and even overwhelming. There are a whole lot of threads in that forum, and that's the same with every RP forum on the internet basically. Instead of merging everything into one subforum, the threads could be divided into 3 or so different subs - one for active game threads, one for planning/sign-up threads, and another for proposing ideas and discussion. It'll still be pretty organised but streamlined as well.   

Stacky
    • The JoI
    • Because he's the hero Wintreath deserves...
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Sapphiron
  • Scarlet Petal Floats
  • Well the main problem I could see is that the whole forum would become quite cluttered and even overwhelming. There are a whole lot of threads in that forum, and that's the same with every RP forum on the internet basically. Instead of merging everything into one subforum, the threads could be divided into 3 or so different subs - one for active game threads, one for planning/sign-up threads, and another for proposing ideas and discussion. It'll still be pretty organised but streamlined as well.
    As a roleplayer, I am strongly against this idea. It would essentially make it more difficult for roleplayers. Having to go to one subforum to read up on the IC posts, then having to go to another subforum to read up on the applications to get to know better about your fellow roleplayers' characters and then going to another subforum to discuss and propose ideas. You get what I mean?
    1 person likes this post: Prudii
    Sapphiron
    • Scarlet Petal Floats
    • Audi alteram partem
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • You both have points. Logically, Stacky's solution would work because it would scale...no matter how many roleplays we have, there would not be a need for more forums. But Sapphiron has a point too, I imagine it would be jarring to have to switch between so many forums.

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 42