Poll

Should Gov be declared PNG? Choices are final, so consider carefully.  

Aye
13 (76.5%)
Nay
1 (5.9%)
I don't care, either way
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 27, 2018, 05:48:08 AM

Topic: Declare Gov PNG  (Read 699 times)

Chanku
Post #118072
January 25, 2018, 07:40:47 AM

I feel like I should, at least, give something a bit more to this effort, to try and fully encapsulate my thoughts on this matter. I will be honest when I say I'm not sure if this is more for Govindia, for posterity, or for myself, however I do feel it is most appropriate to say something a bit more long-form. So here it goes.

"Your relationship with Wintreath and the people within it has become toxic, and it is damaging everyone who is at least peripherally connected to you," this quote is from Point Breeze during the last revocation, and I believe this best describes our situation today. Over two years the relationship between Govindia and Wintreath has degraded further that it was during the revocation. The relationship has become toxic enough that even Wintermoot, one of the most patient people I know, has grown tired of Govindia. Wintermoot's post has lead me to realize this. At this point, the relationship is no longer sustainable, and it is my opinion that the relationship is no longer even salvageable. While I must wonder if anything could have been done differently to have not arrived at this point, I don't think that there is. However I must admit, that as much as I dislike Govindia, as much as I would rather not have him around, my support for a Persona Non Grata declaration is there, but is also with a tinge of regret and sadness. Two years ago, when the Storting revoked his citizenship, many of those in the process hoped that Govindia would change and could return, and I was among them. While I will admit, my hope was layered with skepticism and that I believed that it would come to this, I did have hope that Govindia would change. I will admit that I am, to an extent, disappointed and regretful that it has. I am disappointed at the fact that the hopes of Wintreans in the past were squandered and that the region must, once more, deal with the question of Govindia's status within the community. I am regretful that it seems we must now take the ultimate act and the most extreme censure Wintreath as a community can levy against someone, and that it seems that we must now declare Govindia Persona Non Grata. Honestly with the way things are going, it seems like most people do not have much to say on this. Whether they are indifferent, or just plain tired of this.

I implore everyone, regardless of your stance on this, regardless of the outcome, to use this time as a reflection. We are now about to levy our harshest and most extreme form of punishment on someone, and we have allowed a relationship to become overly toxic and become unsalvageable. I do believe it is our duty to reflect, as a community, and work to try and make sure this doesn't happen again. So that, future generations of Wintrean can avoid the pain that goes with revocation, and perhaps a declaration not dissimilar to this one. Regardless of the outcome, the community should use the past several years as experience in order to move forward and it is our responsibility, both Wintreans old and new, to build upon it, and to allow our region to move forward.

Current Positions in Wintreath
Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
Member of the Hvitt Riddaral - Jarl
Jarl of Defense
Patriarch of House Kaizer
Positions I've held
Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information and 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs)
Member of the WHR
Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
Member of the 5th Overhusen
Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
6th Underhusen
Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
Prince of Wintreath
Underhusen Terms I've been apart of
1st Underhusen
2nd Underhusen
3rd Underhusen
6th Underhusen
8th Underhusen
Overhusen Terms I've been apart of
5th Overhusen
Families I've been apart of
Kaizer - Patriarch (DISSOLVED)
Kestar - Son of Wintermoot
  • tatte
    • Deep-fried cabbage
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
          Kadonia
    Post #118082
    January 25, 2018, 02:28:39 PM

I'll pass the reminder here as well. The proposal was made two days and 18 hours ago, meaning there's by default two more days and six hours left before the UH has to proceed.

I suggest that even those who feel like everything they would say has already been said still personally contribute their views of the matter.
  • Laurentus
    • Count of Highever
    • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair
    • Riksråd
    • Familial House
          The Noble House of Valeria
    Post #118083
    January 25, 2018, 04:14:00 PM

I suggest that the Skrifa update the bill. As it is, were I a Skrifa, I'd vote against it. A good template to follow would be the revocation bill. @Aethelia, @tatte, @Mathyland, @taulover, @Crushita.
    As die donker my kom haal en die Here my nie soek nie, as die osoonlaag vergaan en in 'n kandelaar van sterre val; begrawe my hart op Kleintambotieboom, en strooi my as oor die bosveld horison.
  • Crushita
    • This isn't canon?
    • The Potato Pope
    • Underhusen
    • Familial House
          The Princely House of Telcontar
    • Wintreath Nation
          Newberia
    Post #118094
    January 25, 2018, 06:19:18 PM

I suggest that the Skrifa update the bill. As it is, were I a Skrifa, I'd vote against it. A good template to follow would be the revocation bill. @Aethelia, @tatte, @Mathyland, @taulover, @Crushita.

No worries, that bill was mostly just a template to throw things on and get the process going. Its been amended.
    3 people like this post: tatte, Laurentus, Aethelia
    Crushita

Telcontar
    Patriarch of House Telcontar

Formerly Eldarion II King of Ainur

Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Skifra of the 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    His Majesty's Court Pet
  • Doc
    Post #118207
    January 27, 2018, 03:17:04 AM

I think that a nice, important bit of circumstantial evidence is that for all of the hullaballoo on the Discord, when the opportunity was presented to defend himself here on the forum, all he did was complain that people dogpiled him and ask people on Discord to represent him because he's somehow incapable of doing so himself.
    2 people like this post: Dawsinian, Laurentus
  • Laurentus
    • Count of Highever
    • Riksråd
    • Familial House
    Post #118583
    January 31, 2018, 07:42:33 PM

Thank you to all members of the Storting, for giving this issue the care it deserved, and finally taking the necessary action. For better or worse, this marks the end of an era.
    5 people like this post: Dawsinian, taulover, Gerrick, Aethelia, Gattoartico
    As die donker my kom haal en die Here my nie soek nie, as die osoonlaag vergaan en in 'n kandelaar van sterre val; begrawe my hart op Kleintambotieboom, en strooi my as oor die bosveld horison.
  • Gattoartico
    • Idk tbh
    • Never did we fear the sun, for we were the heathen kings of old.
    • Riksråd
    • Wintreath Nation
          Gattoartico
    Post #118594
    January 31, 2018, 10:39:38 PM

Thank you to all members of the Storting, for giving this issue the care it deserved, and finally taking the necessary action. For better or worse, this marks the end of an era.

Laurentus how dare you copy my words!
    2 people like this post: Laurentus, Aethelia
    Lions In the Dark

I see them prowl in my dreams
    Like lions in the dark
    I see them pounce upon the good
    Like lions in the dark
    I see them turn these dreams to nightmares
    Like lions in the dark
    I see them roar a horrored tune in my head
    Like lions in the dark
    I see them coming closer each night
    Like lions in the dark
    I see their teeth glisten in the dream light
    Like lions in the dark
    I see their eyes glowing with hunger
    Like lions in the dark
    I see them pad forward closer to me
    Like lions in the dark
    I see them clearly in my dream
    They are nothing like lions in the dark.
  • Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
          Emoticonius
    • Representing
          Lazarus
    • Wintreath Nation
          Club Stoic
    Post #118599
    January 31, 2018, 11:35:33 PM

I'm just glad it's finally over.
    1 person likes this post: Laurentus
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
  • NyghtOwl
    • Nocturnus Cantankorous
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
          Epineio
    Post #119995
    February 18, 2018, 05:53:51 AM

I feel as though I may be a little out of the loop here. I remember this issue somewhat vaguely but never paid it much attention. If I may ask, how do we keep one labeled PNG out of wintreath? This is the internet, can't he just come back, unbeknownst to the rest of us, with a different screen name?
  • Laurentus
    • Count of Highever
    • Riksråd
    • Familial House
    Post #119996
    February 18, 2018, 06:00:17 AM

I suppose we could block his IP, but I have next to no knowledge of such things.
  • Pengu
    • VIVA LA EMULUTION!
    • "I'd die for some more Pumpkin Spice!"
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
          Valeria
    • Wintreath Nation
          Penguin Dictators
    Post #120023
    February 18, 2018, 10:11:38 PM

In many messageboards I believe including this one, Administrators have the option of different types of bans: Temporary, Username, and IP.

While anyone can get around a username ban (for like...a minute before they're discovered), there's less ways around an IP ban.  Whether it being having to resort to IP shufflers or just using a different computer elsewhere, it's a more thorough type of ban for anyone that thinks they can just create a new account.