Pages: [1]

LGBT Websites/Apps?

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Are you on any websites or apps that focus on the LGBT community? If so, what are you looking for when you use them and what do you get out of it?

Besides our own community, the only LGBT-focused site/app I'm on is grommr, which is geared for gainers, encourages, and chubby guys and guys who like them. I'm mostly there to chat with people, but I can't say I don't enjoy seeing the guys post shirtless pics of their sexy bodies too. :P I've also used grindr on and off, but I've never hooked up with anyone on there and since it's mostly the same 20 or so guys in my area I get bored with it and take breaks. It's pretty rare to find someone who isn't just wanting a hookup on there, but at the same time it's nice to be reminded that there are other gay/bi guys around here, even if I don't otherwise have much in common with them.

I also used to be part of a few websites geared for gaymers and gay nerds such as gaygamer.net that kinda mixed LGBT issues with gaming and other geek interests, but that was before I got busy with NS/Wintreath, and afaik the sites I were a part of back then are gone now.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Regional Stability Squad
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Are you on any websites or apps that focus on the LGBT community? If so, what are you looking for when you use them and what do you get out of it?

Besides our own community, the only LGBT-focused site/app I'm on is grommr, which is geared for gainers, encourages, and chubby guys and guys who like them. I'm mostly there to chat with people, but I can't say I don't enjoy seeing the guys post shirtless pics of their sexy bodies too. :P I've also used grindr on and off, but I've never hooked up with anyone on there and since it's mostly the same 20 or so guys in my area I get bored with it and take breaks. It's pretty rare to find someone who isn't just wanting a hookup on there, but at the same time it's nice to be reminded that there are other gay/bi guys around here, even if I don't otherwise have much in common with them.

I also used to be part of a few websites geared for gaymers and gay nerds such as gaygamer.net that kinda mixed LGBT issues with gaming and other geek interests, but that was before I got busy with NS/Wintreath, and afaik the sites I were a part of back then are gone now.
    I've lulled over the idea of creating a profile on Her to get dates. It's not at all uncommon for pre-T trans lesbians to have cisgendered Lesbian girlfriends so it wouldn't be abnormal. But 1. I'm still self-conscious about being pre-T, and uhhh, y'know calling myself a Lesbian in front of a pic of what I actually look like. I'd feel uncomfortable and sorta dysphoric y'know? And also Her is notorious for having a broken system where they officially are okay with trans lesbians but in practice transmisogynists utilize their stupid confirmation methods to get trans lesbians banned and sometimes permabanned. But of course, there is no issue with trans men going on the website and trying to hit on Lesbians. Her has even worked to accommodate them into the site structure while trans lesbians are still regularly kicked out - Errrr, sorry rant over.

Other than that, I occasionally browse r/trans. Usually when I'm having One Of Those Days and I need quick advice and reassurance from other trans people. But really, I dont poke around LGBT-centered websites
    On tumblr at opabinia-regalis.tumblr.com

Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.
    Violet
    Johanna
  • Former Citizen
  • Cheese advocate

I've lulled over the idea of creating a profile on Her to get dates. It's not at all uncommon for pre-T trans lesbians to have cisgendered Lesbian girlfriends so it wouldn't be abnormal. But 1. I'm still self-conscious about being pre-T, and uhhh, y'know calling myself a Lesbian in front of a pic of what I actually look like. I'd feel uncomfortable and sorta dysphoric y'know? And also Her is notorious for having a broken system where they officially are okay with trans lesbians but in practice transmisogynists utilize their stupid confirmation methods to get trans lesbians banned and sometimes permabanned. But of course, there is no issue with trans men going on the website and trying to hit on Lesbians. Her has even worked to accommodate them into the site structure while trans lesbians are still regularly kicked out - Errrr, sorry rant over.

Other than that, I occasionally browse r/trans. Usually when I'm having One Of Those Days and I need quick advice and reassurance from other trans people. But really, I dont poke around LGBT-centered websites

I have used HER in the past, I decided to delete it because so few here in Sweden that use it, there are some but anyone writing to me I get suspicious and assume it's a scam or fake account or similar. Because who could like me. :P And I don't dare write to people myself. :P Also it's a bit costly lately imo if you want to use most functions. But HER is the best lesbian dating thing I've found that's free-ish.  I don't really go to any dating sites now. Mainly because I'm too scared.
    Cheese is Cheese
    Johanna
    • Cheese advocate
    • Don't really have anything to say atm.
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1]