Pages: 1 [2] 3

Hell Frozen Over (Interest/Sign-Ups)

Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • If those interested could please fill out a character app while I pester the mods into putting this thread in the gathering portal, it would be much appreciated.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Name: Aksel Opekokew
    Appearance: Cree Native, tan skin, dark eyes, hair high and tight leading into a braid in the back. Tattoo on shoulder with ornate image, and on back with name written in Cree.
    Position in the platoon: Recon, Sniper, and Infiltration.
    Personality/Biography: Aksel is the son of a Cree Native father and Norwegian mother. Though his mother was European, he was raised entirely in the culture of his native peoples, and is among the few who are still completely fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Cree, allowing him to be an effective code-talker. This got him tied up in a series of...illegal activities where he was trained by a criminal gang in how to get in an out of places quick by picking locks and freerunning, and how to use weapons. Inevitably he got caught, but instead of prison, he was transferred over to the Canadian First Nations court, where he managed to weasel out of imprisonment, on the basis that after 2 years at home, he would be drafted into the Canadian Armed Forces.. His father, instead of reprimanding him, instead refined his skills; improving his stealth, hunting, and shooting skills. Armed with his new skills, he set off to his new post.
    Equipment (Not required but I'm adding anyway): Lee-Enfield Modified with Integral suppressor, similar to a higher caliber De Lisle Carbine. Modified Cartridge conversion Remington Model 1858. Extensive Lockpick set. Traditional Cree knife, gift from father.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:40:27 PM by Cinciri »
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Name: Aksel Opekokew
    Appearance: Cree Native, tan skin, dark eyes, hair high and tight leading into a braid in the back. Tattoo on shoulder with ornate image, and on back with name written in Cree.
    Position in the platoon: Recon, Sniper, and Infiltration.
    Personality/Biography: Aksel is the son of a Cree Native father and Norwegian mother. Though his mother was European, he was raised entirely in the culture of his native peoples, and is among the few who are still completely fluent in reading, writing, and speaking Cree, allowing him to be an effective code-talker. This got him tied up in a series of...illegal activities where he was trained by a criminal gang in how to get in an out of places quick by picking locks and freerunning, and how to use weapons. Inevitably he got caught, but instead of prison, he was transferred over to the Canadian First Nations court, where he managed to weasel out of imprisonment, on the basis that after 2 years at home, he would be drafted into the Canadian Armed Forces.. His father, instead of reprimanding him, instead refined his skills; improving his stealth, hunting, and shooting skills. Armed with his new skills, he set off to his new post.
    Equipment (Not required but I'm adding anyway): Lee-Enfield Modified with Integral suppressor, similar to a higher caliber De Lisle Carbine. Close-quarters weapon, De Lisle carbine in .45 ACP. Browning Hi-power & Modified Cartridge conversion Remington Model 1858. Extensive Lockpick set. Traditional Cree knife, gift from father.
    I'm afraid that due to supply shortages you are only permitted one rifle and a sidearm, and additional firearms whether gifted or looted from the enemy will be confiscated by officers for redistribution as per the War Loot & Rationing Act of 1959, Article 5. Additional Firearms will be distributed based on need by the requisition officers. Thank you for your patriotism.
    ACCEPTED
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • @Crushita
    @Gabriel Artut
    I'm very excited to see what characters you come up with
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • I'm afraid that due to supply shortages you are only permitted one rifle and a sidearm, and additional firearms whether gifted or looted from the enemy will be confiscated by officers for redistribution as per the War Loot & Rationing Act of 1959, Article 5. Additional Firearms will be distributed based on need by the requisition officers. Thank you for your patriotism.
    ACCEPTED
    Edited
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Gabriel Artut
  • Former Citizen
  • Name: Michael Godwine

Appearance: 29 years old, fit and well maintained musculature on a rectangular body type, 1.7 meters/5'6 feet tall, a square face with a pair of thick downward-turned lips, below a pointed chin covered with a dark-blonde full beard and above a snub nose between hooded dark brown eyes and little bigger than normal forehead that ends with a long dark-blonde hair thats laid back, going behind the ears and finish right along with his neck.

Position in the platoon: Designated Marksman

Personality/Biography:

First born to Canadian parents, Gabriel and Candace Godwine, he had 2 other brothers and 1 sister. His childhood was spent in a farm house near Fort Saint James in British Columbia. As a child they were barely in the middle class. His deeply religious mother often took the children to Church and instilled the same religious attitude on most of her children. For Michael, whilst eager to learn more about God and getting a good grasp on morality at a early age, remained open minded. His father, Gabriel, was a member of the local Freemason's Lodge, in which Michael soon became apart of and worked dutifully through his late childhood and teenage years, developing his character in line with both Christian and Masonic Values, plus often watching over his younger siblings. He became very conscientious and diligent, now being more deeply spiritual than religious, all to his mother's discontent. He became good friends with his sister and tried to maintain decently good relations with his brothers, but while Michael became the proudest achievement of his father, his brothers were far from that, meaning that their divide couldn't be mended.

Years gone by and he fell in love with Mary Heard daughter of a fellow Lodge member. After certain negotiations between his father and her father, their relationship was allowed to continue, and so it did. They were married by the age of 20(Michael) and 19(Mary) with her taking his name, now becoming Mr Michael and Mrs Mary Godwine in front of the altar, followed by a great honeymoon they spent near the Great Lakes, in Amethyst Harbor and Terrace Bay, from where they often went to look at the Niagara Waterfalls. They would move to Slave Lake, Alberta, where they found an opportunity to open a jewelry store and later joined the local Freemason's Lodge. He would later have a son, Raphael, and 2 twin daughters, Roselind and Mabelle. They would enjoy a happy 6 and a half years until the world fell apart.

They started struggling and had to close the jewelry store, cut their loses, sell all remaining assets and move to his Father-in-Law mansion back in British Columbia just in time to take part at his fathers funeral. In Gabriel's Will, he left him and his sister all of his lands and possesions. Michael and his sister's husband Alexander Huntber got along well as they all moved in their childhood home and things were looking up, when the the war started. They answered the call and joined the army leaving his mother, sister, children and wife back at home.

Alexander and Michael were assigned to the same 4th army group, Alexander as a medic and Michael as a Designated Marksman. He would just receive a letter from home that told Michael his family were doing well and they were missing him greatly. Then the enemy attacked. Alexander Huntber died in the retreat, with Michael by his side, hearing his last wish and taking his wedding ring.

While a little heartbroken for his sister, he still had a wife and 3 children back at home. He had gathered his will and made his resolve, he wouldn't die here.
    1 person likes this post: Cinciri
    𝓖𝓪𝓫𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓵 𝓐𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓽
    Gabriel Artut
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • 2 long-mid range troops already, this gonna be fun
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Name: Michael Godwine

Appearance: 29 years old, fit and well maintained musculature on a rectangular body type, 1.7 meters/5'6 feet tall, a square face with a pair of thick downward-turned lips, below a pointed chin covered with a dark-blonde full beard and above a snub nose between hooded dark brown eyes and little bigger than normal forehead that ends with a long dark-blonde hair thats laid back, going behind the ears and finish right along with his neck.

Position in the platoon: Designated Marksman

Personality/Biography:

First born to Canadian parents, Gabriel and Candace Godwine, he had 2 other brothers and 1 sister. His childhood was spent in a farm house near Fort Saint James in British Columbia. As a child they were barely in the middle class. His deeply religious mother often took the children to Church and instilled the same religious attitude on most of her children. For Michael, whilst eager to learn more about God and getting a good grasp on morality at a early age, remained open minded. His father, Gabriel, was a member of the local Freemason's Lodge, in which Michael soon became apart of and worked dutifully through his late childhood and teenage years, developing his character in line with both Christian and Masonic Values, plus often watching over his younger siblings. He became very conscientious and diligent, now being more deeply spiritual than religious, all to his mother's discontent. He became good friends with his sister and tried to maintain decently good relations with his brothers, but while Michael became the proudest achievement of his father, his brothers were far from that, meaning that their divide couldn't be mended.

Years gone by and he fell in love with Mary Heard daughter of a fellow Lodge member. After certain negotiations between his father and her father, their relationship was allowed to continue, and so it did. They were married by the age of 20(Michael) and 19(Mary) with her taking his name, now becoming Mr Michael and Mrs Mary Godwine in front of the altar, followed by a great honeymoon they spent near the Great Lakes, in Amethyst Harbor and Terrace Bay, from where they often went to look at the Niagara Waterfalls. They would move to Slave Lake, Alberta, where they found an opportunity to open a jewelry store and later joined the local Freemason's Lodge. He would later have a son, Raphael, and 2 twin daughters, Roselind and Mabelle. They would enjoy a happy 6 and a half years until the world fell apart.

They started struggling and had to close the jewelry store, cut their loses, sell all remaining assets and move to his Father-in-Law mansion back in British Columbia just in time to take part at his fathers funeral. In Gabriel's Will, he left him and his sister all of his lands and possesions. Michael and his sister's husband Alexander Huntber got along well as they all moved in their childhood home and things were looking up, when the the war started. They answered the call and joined the army leaving his mother, sister, children and wife back at home.

Alexander and Michael were assigned to the same 4th army group, Alexander as a medic and Michael as a Designated Marksman. He would just receive a letter from home that told Michael his family were doing well and they were missing him greatly. Then the enemy attacked. Alexander Huntber died in the retreat, with Michael by his side, hearing his last wish and taking his wedding ring.

While a little heartbroken for his sister, he still had a wife and 3 children back at home. He had gathered his will and made his resolve, he wouldn't die here.
    The League's territory only extends as far west as Winnipeg in terms of its actual directly controlled territory, thanks to the rapid deterioration of Canada's railroads from underuse. They were being rebuilt in conjunction with the successor of the British Columbian provincial government before the war, but the project was never completed. Sorry if I didn't make the geographic extent of the League clear. Other than that ACCEPTED
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
    Kind of makes sense the guys furthest from the frontline would be most likely to survive.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Gabriel Artut
  • Former Citizen

Acshually, to be more precise, my position as designated marksman is meant to bridge the engagement distance between the sniper and the normal rifleman. Therefore I am not long to mid, I am extremely mid, so please.

Also I do hope there are npcs around as well, like friendly cannon fodder type of npc?

Also Justin, until I find a better place, just think of a place where the people are the religious stereotypes and done.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:06:31 AM by Gabriel Artut »
    𝓖𝓪𝓫𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓵 𝓐𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓽
    Gabriel Artut
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

Acshually, to be more precise, my position as designated marksman is meant to bridge the engagement distance between the sniper and the normal rifleman. Therefore I am not long to mid, I am extremely mid, so please.

Also I do hope there are npcs around as well, like friendly cannon fodder type of npc?

Also Justin, until I find a better place, just think of a place where the people are the religious stereotypes and done.
    Yes there will be friendly NPCs and I imagine Canada, like most western countries, was pretty religious at the point of divergence around 1930, especially Quebec. Quebec was basically run by the Catholic Church before the 1960s and although church power has declined in terms of government influence they still control schooling and welfare completely in TTL
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Then there is my character who is a cross of Protestant and Cree native Spiritualism
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • I don’t know if I want to make a full blown character for this one. I would be happy to be some Americans or situational NPCs.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • I don’t know if I want to make a full blown character for this one. I would be happy to be some Americans or situational NPCs.
    Find yourself a French Canadian name generator and it's a deal (I'm guessing you can come up with disposable American names on your own). This could actually be a really cool idea. If the random encounters are being written by somebody that isn't me then they actually are completely random encounters. Let me know if you have any lore questions and I'll answer them.
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
    Find yourself a French Canadian name generator and it's a deal (I'm guessing you can come up with disposable American names on your own). This could actually be a really cool idea. If the random encounters are being written by somebody that isn't me then they actually are completely random encounters. Let me know if you have any lore questions and I'll answer them.
    Perfect. I already got a mad former mayor, a platoon of machine-gun armed nuns, some sleazy merchants, a young “camp follower” with a deadly secret, and a whole bunch of Americans cocky because they’re on the giving end of the war all lined up and ready to go.

When is an IC coming?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3