Pages: [1]

Royal Decree 011: Regarding Rhetoric of the "Undead Dominion of Lazarus"

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Decree 011 of the Monarch of Wintreath
    Regarding Rhetoric of the "Undead Dominion of Lazarus"

I have spoken before of the abhorrent rhetoric of the leadership of the "Undead Dominion of Lazarus", a regime which came into being through the overthrow of the region's legitimate government, the importation of people supporting the regime, and the disenfranchisement and ultimate banishment of dozens of people who maintained loyalty to the overthrown legitimate government.

I understand that over the years the once-prevalent moral aversion to coups in the game-created regions has waned, and that many people now believe the only thing that matters when it comes to legitimacy is the support of the region's delegate. While I personally disagree, as I have stated before it is not our place as a region to weigh in on one side or another in these inter-regional conflicts without a treaty that calls for us to do so.

However, for this regime simply seizing the region wasn't enough. In trying to rationalize its actions, this regime continues to slander and assassinate the characters of those it opposes, including myself and several other Wintreath Citizens, most recently through a show-trial whose result was predetermined and supported by misleading "evidence" and in which those accused were not allowed to even post in the proceedings, codifying it's abhorrent rhetoric into law. While it is not our place to intervene in the affairs of game-created regions, it is not only our place but our responsibility to defend our Citizens who have been wronged in this manner in any way possible, even if the only ways to do so are largely symbolic.

Therefore, by order of the Monarch:
    1) Funkadelia, Evil Wolf, Lamb, and Adytus are declared persona non grata from Wintreath.

Again, this move is highly symbolic seeing as only Funkadelia has an account on these forums, but these people are most responsible for the creation, dissemination, and codification of this rhetoric, and this action will stand as a symbol of our principles as a community, including the defense of our Citizens when they have been wronged.

So decreed on this, the 1,472nd day of our region.

Inric Nordrim Kestar (Wintermoot I of Wintreath)
    Monarch and Founder of Wintreath
    Suzerain of New Hyperion
    Regent of Nowhere

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • My that was an...interesting trial to say the least.

Actually, I really wouldn't even call it much of a trial.  It was mostly the accused posting evidence after evidence while the prosecution stuck to mainly belittling and bad-mouthing.

I'm actually disappointed that they were even able to take over Lazarus, or why people at this point would even expect a fair trial when they clearly don't even care to give it.  :-\

That being said, symbolic or not, I completely support this move.  :D
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • I'm very happy to see this. It means a lot that Wintreath would stand up for those of us whom were wronged by their corruption.
    2 people like this post: taulover, Michi
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I'm actually disappointed that they were even able to take over Lazarus, or why people at this point would even expect a fair trial when they clearly don't even care to give it.  :-\
    Unfortunately, both the game mechanics and gameplay mindset favor the delegate when it comes to maintaining power. Couping is no longer seen as something that's universally wrong, and some regions will support a coup if it appears that the new regime will be on their side of the R/D conflict. At the same time their ability to use regional controls makes it much more difficult for a legal government to take back a region from them.

With Lazarus particularly, the only other person to run in the election that brought Funkadelia to power was someone who had recently abused his own position as delegate when the legal delegate resigned and he had the most endorsements afterwards. I don't think many people were excited about a Funkadelia delegacy to begin with, seeing as his only activity has ever tended to be geared toward empowering himself, but it's not like there was anyone better to vote for. =/

I'm very happy to see this. It means a lot that Wintreath would stand up for those of us whom were wronged by their corruption.
    We got your back. ;)
    1 person likes this post: taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual