Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 15

Werewolf XIII: The H Team

Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • It was a retaliatory vote, and I wasn't the first person to provide a retaliatory vote. Besides, if it weren't for me, your head would've been on the chopping block. You're welcome, by the way. Also, I wasn't being so defensive before when it was just Laurentus, but now that others want to bandwagon me again for the third Werewolf in a row, of course I'm going to be defensive now. And watch as it gets me killed. Happens every time...
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Count of Highever
  • There's no room for loyalty here, I'm afraid. The reality is that I just don't trust you in this game, either. Not unless I know for a fact what role you are.

That said, I tend to think the odds are remote that you are a survivor (in more than the mathematical sense). I may just be too good at poking you to get a reaction. On top of that, I don't believe you would be so obvious as a survivor, but then again, that could be what you want people to think.

You are not omniscient, though, and you have already gotten one person killed who was on the villains' side. Why do you believe it would be different if you get me voted off?
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Honestly, you being gone means one fewer person who will stab me in the back. It's survival. And who can blame me for that? Survival is the name of the game.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Would you not rather want to get the survivors? Also, survival is not the only aim of the game, anymore. Not with the inception of dead wins. Colby demonstrated the potent effect his death could have when that led to my lynching in Werewolf: Until Dawn.

Unless of course you truly are convinced that I am a survivor, in which case, would you mind enlightening me why you are thus convinced?
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • Arguing my defense at 3 in the morning isn't going to be doing me any favors, but let's do this anyway.

You personally can count the game as a win for yourself if your death leads to your team winning, but you being dead means you technically didn't win. If you're dead, you lost.

Honestly, I'm not convinced you're a survivor. But you're pretty high on my suspect list. Namely because you're targeting me solely to knock an experienced player out of the ring. And Gerrick too for bandwagoning.

Honestly, I don't know why I keep signing up to play these games. Nobody trusts me enough to keep me around. I think this is largely due to my strong success streak early on in my Werewolf career. I've tried to hang back and not draw attention to myself to avoid being brought into the spotlight, and I've only managed to get into the spotlight anyway. I hate being on death row...
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • If it makes you feel any better, I am not targeting you to knock out an experienced player. I am targeting you because of your own actions. I would much rather have gone for Sapph if I were only interested in eliminating the strongest players, first. I don't recall ever saying this is why I was targeting you, either.

Also, I am confused. When did Gerrick bandwagon?
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • In any case, whether you are a Wolf or not, I know the feeling of starting off on the back foot simply for being who I am, and if I recall, Wintermoot had the same problem once upon a time. So if you do get eliminated, and you are weary of the experience, then perhaps do what Pengu suggested to Moot back then, and take a few games off.

That said, I hope you understand that I mean nothing personal by going after you. I simply have not seen a better suspect yet. Still friends?
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction

• Honestly, I don't know why I keep signing up to play these games. Nobody trusts me enough to keep me around. I think this is largely due to my strong success streak early on in my Werewolf career. I've tried to hang back and not draw attention to myself to avoid being brought into the spotlight, and I've only managed to get into the spotlight anyway. I hate being on death row...

Coming from someone who is normally a Day 1 or 2 lynch in Werewolf, I get where you're coming from on this.  It seems like no matter what action you take, you're on someone's radar.  Whether it be the Werewolves attempting to implicate you, a player taking your action as a guilty notion, or some other form when you're playing a role...regardless of whether you're a good or bad characters, it can be really tough when you become what feels like a token early-game kill.

But in that I say it's not necessarily a bad thing.  That's either the wolves thinking you're either a formidable target to keep around for too long, or a good enough scapegoat for them so that it detracts the players from suspecting the real bad guys.  And on the flipside, if you are/were a bad guy, it just means that you've played the previous games well enough on either or both sides to where people pick up on your strategies, regardless of your alliance.  Sometimes those strategies bleed together to where regardless of your role, it raises flags.

But I wouldn't say take it personally.  It just means you're a good and formidable player for either side of the field.  You've played a well done bad guy in past games, and likewise you've played a well done good guy in past games.  So for future games it just adds suspicion on what you could be.  But regardless of your role, just be yourself and remember that nothing in here is ever personal, even if it gets heated and even if people bandwagon against you.  It's still just a game, and it's a game where trust is an exceptionally rare thing since anyone here and their mother could be the bad guys of the game.
    1 person likes this post: Mathyland
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Potato Archbishop and Official Grammar Police
  • I do feel like Laurentus is making decisions too hastily and not giving the best reasons for voting. And seeing as I have the most voting power here (due to my killing spree reward), I believe I could vote you out. I could see how Aragonn would make those arguments whether he's a survivor or not, so I don't think any decisions could be made based upon what he's said. Laurentus seems most suspicious now, but Aragonn isn't completely off my suspect list yet. I'll use my double vote to vote for Laurentus twice.

Now I'm curious what your reactions will be to the fact that Aragon might survive another day...
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Co-WA Delegate: June 13, 2016-present
    Hufflepuff student: April 9, 2016-present
    House points earned: 7 (Also, 40 points were a group effort, so I earned part of that as well)
    Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Citizen: September 6, 2016-present

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 23rd Underhusen - secretary
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

NationStates nation: March 11, 2016-present

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Wintreath's Potato Archbishop and Official Grammar Police
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Doesn't bother me much. He's a blip on my radar until something interesting happens. I've said I don't have much certainty that he's the wolf. This does seem rather out of character for him from my perspective, though. He doesn't usually lose his cool like this.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • I have complete faith in RNGesus. :P

That said, I am curious what sort of reaction you're even suspecting. Your sudden defense of Aragonn makes me wonder whether you and he aren't the defending pair.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Crushita
  • Citizen
  • The Potato Pope
  • *Looks at the date*
    Oh hey Happy Friday the 13th!
    Also, I must admit the Valeria Family drama that always happens in these games is one of the most entertaining aspects. Funny to see you guys turn on each other because you guys know each other so well xD
    Anyway, praise RNGesus :P
    2 people like this post: Laurentus, Hydra
    Spoiler
    Held Positions
    Wintreath
    Skirfa of the 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th and 29th Sessions of the Underhusen
    Former Thane of Information
    His Majesty's Court Pet
    Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Privy Councilor
    Former Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain
    Former Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Member of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Great Britain x2
    Former Lord of Parliament of the Kingdom of Great Britain x4
    Formerly His Royal Highness, the Viscount Telcontar of Whitby
    Ainur
    Former King of Ainur
    Former Minister of Culture of Ainur x2
    Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ainur x2
    Former Senator of Ainur x2
    Former Deputy Speaker of Ainur
    Other Regions
    Former Prime Minister of the British Isles
    Former Prime Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Culture Minister of the New United Kingdom
    Former Member of the Parliament of the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Privy Councillor in the Canadian Kingdom
    Former Member of Parliament of the United Kingdom
    [/center]
    • The Potato Pope
    Crushita
    • Historically Accurate
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The House of Lancaster-Stuart
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Aragonn
  • Citizen
  • Aesir Warrior
  • "He doesn't usually lose his cool like this." Perhaps you should look through the other Werewolf games for when I get targeted, particularly last game. I don't tend to take well to being voted for.
    Jarl Aragonn
    The Aesir Empire

Aragonn
    • Aesir Warrior
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Keeping up with the Valerias could be a good pitch for the next game.

Anyhoo, I believe people have just been given too much space to quietly fall on bandwagons. To that end, I would like for all of us to try and give a reason for our votes. Joke votes are all well and good on the first day, but on the second, it serves to allow people to remain under the radar.
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • My experience in all the games I've actually played with you were quite different from what I'm seeing here. You never a factual error before, like claiming Gerrick fell on a bandwagon.

That said, I concede your recent experiences may have changed you, since it's not fun to be targeted over and over. My question then becomes: if not you, who should I vote for?
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 15