Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 8

Post-Catastrophe Nation RP interest/ooc thread (AKA: History of the World 7610 )

Lily Polisesul
  • Former Citizen
  • Resident Girl-Lover
  • Nation name: La Joya
    Population: 5,000,000
    Claims: Central America, Southern Mexico. De facto control over northern South America.
    Military forces: 270,300 combined total forces, 1.2 million paramilitary
    Government: Constitutional Military Dictatorship
    Economic system: Free market w/ government participation
    Resources in surplus: Sugar, fruits & vegetables, timber, precious metals, petroleum, coal
    Resources in scarcity: Water, hospitals, concrete,
    History: Formed by a revolutionary group consisting mostly of cartel members and criminals, La Joya promised stability for El Salvador and many other surrounding Central American nations. Through a mass movement, they entrenched themselves in most of Central America, overthrowing the governments and installing a junta. La Joya is fairly lax as far as military dictatorships go, abiding by a strict constitution and allowing political discourse to a reasonable level. Perhaps as a byproduct, the government is fairly small. President Alicia Assis serves as leader and commander-in-chief, but the country is split up into districts that have their own governors that can field a small force and determine local laws. (Subject to change.)
    omae uchi uyamaudearou, you friccin' weeb
    Lily Polisesul
    • Resident Girl-Lover
    • doo da la doo da la doo
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Ok, then I'll just take South Virginia. Will Richmond still be within my borders or no?
    Yeah, it's still in your borders
    Nation name: La Joya
    Population: 5,000,000
    Claims: Central America, Southern Mexico. De facto control over northern South America.
    Military forces: 270,300 combined total forces, 1.2 million paramilitary
    Government: Constitutional Military Dictatorship
    Economic system: Free market w/ government participation
    Resources in surplus: Sugar, fruits & vegetables, timber, precious metals, petroleum, coal
    Resources in scarcity: Water, hospitals, concrete,
    History: Formed by a revolutionary group consisting mostly of cartel members and criminals, La Joya promised stability for El Salvador and many other surrounding Central American nations. Through a mass movement, they entrenched themselves in most of Central America, overthrowing the governments and installing a junta. La Joya is fairly lax as far as military dictatorships go, abiding by a strict constitution and allowing political discourse to a reasonable level. Perhaps as a byproduct, the government is fairly small. President Alicia Assis serves as leader and commander-in-chief, but the country is split up into districts that have their own governors that can field a small force and determine local laws. (Subject to change.)
    Accepted.
    On tumblr at opabinia-regalis.tumblr.com

Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.
    Violet
    Lily Polisesul
  • Former Citizen
  • Resident Girl-Lover
  • yippekiyayeehoo
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    omae uchi uyamaudearou, you friccin' weeb
    Lily Polisesul
    • Resident Girl-Lover
    • doo da la doo da la doo
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • We definitely got enough nations to start. I'll try and make a good IC very soon, inshAllah.

Violet
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Should we move this all to the Gathering Portal, @Gerrick?

Also, the Signup thread and the OOC thread should be 2 different threads to avoid confusion and clutter.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Should we move this all to the Gathering Portal, @Gerrick?

Also, the Signup thread and the OOC thread should be 2 different threads to avoid confusion and clutter.
    I'm 100% used to them both being the same thread???

Anyways, I thought it'd be a neat idea if we had some character based elements to the story. I've always had a problem thinking of a good start for a nation RP and this came to mind. I by no means expect character based stories to be the sole stories of this RP, but I think introducing some average joes into the mix would be a nice break from the political and diplomatic intrigue that typically dominates nation RPs.

Violet
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • The thing is as time goes on it might get a bit cluttered to have both the applications and the OOC in the same place. Hopefully, this RP will grow and that will lead to more players and even more chatter. It might become difficult to track where applications are and easy to lose track of OOC conversations.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • The thing is as time goes on it might get a bit cluttered to have both the applications and the OOC in the same place. Hopefully, this RP will grow and that will lead to more players and even more chatter. It might become difficult to track where applications are and easy to lose track of OOC conversations.
    done!

Violet
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Sorry for the delay. This first post is a bit of a doozy, and I've been pretty busy lately. I'll have it up soon.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Headcanon to Canon transmutation proposal:

1. The actions of the New Holy Confederation of America has started a massive exodus of Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, and other minority faiths north into the territory of the American Lakes Union and Canada. Black people also, probably, idk.

2. The ALU and the NHCA are very much aware of each other and (thanks to undefined historical events) aren’t on speaking terms, having left most of Appalachia as a de-facto DMZ/No-man’s Land between them. The ALU is absolutely fucking terrified of the NHCA, and the NHCA believes the ALU is a conglomeration of heathens and that they’re “up next”.

Thoughts?
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Hey, hey, hey, we may be religous zealots but we do not judge based on race! We hate everyone equally. Also, christians would be fine.

And the NHCA does not want to annex or attack the ALU, those Children of Sodom (their term for Northeners) can rot, especially since the NHCA still has a chip on their shoulder about "liberal elite heathens and their plague". No, the NHCA wants to annex someone else.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • The Volga Region, for now, is going to ignore the Americas, that is, until Europe has been, properly dealt with >:)
    Cinciri
    • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • I've got one question for you: Are you ready?
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Rebirth of the Byzantium Empire! Yes! So much yes! Lets have a Vestigial Remnant of a Vestigial Remnant's Vestigial Remnant!
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • @Ashton Mercer So, what do you suppose the event that caused a rift between our two countries should be? My suggestion is a expedition by the both of us, separately, into Maryland where they met and exchanged gunfire near Antietam. What do you think?
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 8