Topic: Post-Catastrophe Nation RP interest/ooc thread (AKA: History of the World 7610 )  (Read 976 times)

Lily Polisesul
  • Resident Girl-Lover
  • doo da la doo da la doo
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath Nation
        Feminamia
Post #110203
October 12, 2017, 09:29:14 PM

Nation name: La Joya
Population: 5,000,000
Claims: Central America, Southern Mexico. De facto control over northern South America.
Military forces: 270,300 combined total forces, 1.2 million paramilitary
Government: Constitutional Military Dictatorship
Economic system: Free market w/ government participation
Resources in surplus: Sugar, fruits & vegetables, timber, precious metals, petroleum, coal
Resources in scarcity: Water, hospitals, concrete,
History: Formed by a revolutionary group consisting mostly of cartel members and criminals, La Joya promised stability for El Salvador and many other surrounding Central American nations. Through a mass movement, they entrenched themselves in most of Central America, overthrowing the governments and installing a junta. La Joya is fairly lax as far as military dictatorships go, abiding by a strict constitution and allowing political discourse to a reasonable level. Perhaps as a byproduct, the government is fairly small. President Alicia Assis serves as leader and commander-in-chief, but the country is split up into districts that have their own governors that can field a small force and determine local laws. (Subject to change.)
omae uchi uyamaudearou, you friccin' weeb
  • Mariam
    Post #110207
    October 12, 2017, 10:48:38 PM

Ok, then I'll just take South Virginia. Will Richmond still be within my borders or no?
    Yeah, it's still in your borders
    Nation name: La Joya
    Population: 5,000,000
    Claims: Central America, Southern Mexico. De facto control over northern South America.
    Military forces: 270,300 combined total forces, 1.2 million paramilitary
    Government: Constitutional Military Dictatorship
    Economic system: Free market w/ government participation
    Resources in surplus: Sugar, fruits & vegetables, timber, precious metals, petroleum, coal
    Resources in scarcity: Water, hospitals, concrete,
    History: Formed by a revolutionary group consisting mostly of cartel members and criminals, La Joya promised stability for El Salvador and many other surrounding Central American nations. Through a mass movement, they entrenched themselves in most of Central America, overthrowing the governments and installing a junta. La Joya is fairly lax as far as military dictatorships go, abiding by a strict constitution and allowing political discourse to a reasonable level. Perhaps as a byproduct, the government is fairly small. President Alicia Assis serves as leader and commander-in-chief, but the country is split up into districts that have their own governors that can field a small force and determine local laws. (Subject to change.)
    Accepted.
  • Lily Polisesul
    • Resident Girl-Lover
    • doo da la doo da la doo
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
          Feminamia
    Post #110211
    October 12, 2017, 11:16:53 PM

yippekiyayeehoo
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    omae uchi uyamaudearou, you friccin' weeb
  • Mariam
    Post #110217
    October 13, 2017, 12:48:46 AM

We definitely got enough nations to start. I'll try and make a good IC very soon, inshAllah.
  • North
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Underhusen
    • Wintreath Nation
          North Gralend
    Post #110256
    October 13, 2017, 10:49:37 AM

Should we move this all to the Gathering Portal, @Gerrick?

Also, the Signup thread and the OOC thread should be 2 different threads to avoid confusion and clutter.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
  • Mariam
    Post #110257
    October 13, 2017, 11:02:43 AM

Should we move this all to the Gathering Portal, @Gerrick?

Also, the Signup thread and the OOC thread should be 2 different threads to avoid confusion and clutter.
    I'm 100% used to them both being the same thread???

Anyways, I thought it'd be a neat idea if we had some character based elements to the story. I've always had a problem thinking of a good start for a nation RP and this came to mind. I by no means expect character based stories to be the sole stories of this RP, but I think introducing some average joes into the mix would be a nice break from the political and diplomatic intrigue that typically dominates nation RPs.
  • North
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Underhusen
    • Wintreath Nation
          North Gralend
    Post #110258
    October 13, 2017, 11:09:56 AM

The thing is as time goes on it might get a bit cluttered to have both the applications and the OOC in the same place. Hopefully, this RP will grow and that will lead to more players and even more chatter. It might become difficult to track where applications are and easy to lose track of OOC conversations.
  • Mariam
    Post #110344
    October 13, 2017, 09:45:18 PM

The thing is as time goes on it might get a bit cluttered to have both the applications and the OOC in the same place. Hopefully, this RP will grow and that will lead to more players and even more chatter. It might become difficult to track where applications are and easy to lose track of OOC conversations.
    done!
  • Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
          Thalasus
    Post #110564
    October 16, 2017, 04:14:30 AM

Sorry for the delay. This first post is a bit of a doozy, and I've been pretty busy lately. I'll have it up soon.
  • Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
          Thalasus
    Post #110708
    October 17, 2017, 07:28:15 AM

Headcanon to Canon transmutation proposal:

1. The actions of the New Holy Confederation of America has started a massive exodus of Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, and other minority faiths north into the territory of the American Lakes Union and Canada. Black people also, probably, idk.

2. The ALU and the NHCA are very much aware of each other and (thanks to undefined historical events) aren’t on speaking terms, having left most of Appalachia as a de-facto DMZ/No-man’s Land between them. The ALU is absolutely fucking terrified of the NHCA, and the NHCA believes the ALU is a conglomeration of heathens and that they’re “up next”.

Thoughts?
  • North
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Underhusen
    • Wintreath Nation
          North Gralend
    Post #110709
    October 17, 2017, 09:21:03 AM

Hey, hey, hey, we may be religous zealots but we do not judge based on race! We hate everyone equally. Also, christians would be fine.

And the NHCA does not want to annex or attack the ALU, those Children of Sodom (their term for Northeners) can rot, especially since the NHCA still has a chip on their shoulder about "liberal elite heathens and their plague". No, the NHCA wants to annex someone else.
  • Cinciri
    • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
          Yaim Rusur
    Post #110716
    October 17, 2017, 11:07:59 AM

The Volga Region, for now, is going to ignore the Americas, that is, until Europe has been, properly dealt with >:)
  • Justinian Ezkantion
    • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
    • Riksråd
    • Wintreath Nation
          Escanthea
    Post #110721
    October 17, 2017, 11:36:16 AM

I've got one question for you: Are you ready?
  • North
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Underhusen
    • Wintreath Nation
          North Gralend
    Post #110734
    October 17, 2017, 04:32:43 PM

Rebirth of the Byzantium Empire! Yes! So much yes! Lets have a Vestigial Remnant of a Vestigial Remnant's Vestigial Remnant!
  • North
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Underhusen
    • Wintreath Nation
          North Gralend
    Post #110752
    October 17, 2017, 05:51:47 PM

@Ashton Mercer So, what do you suppose the event that caused a rift between our two countries should be? My suggestion is a expedition by the both of us, separately, into Maryland where they met and exchanged gunfire near Antietam. What do you think?