Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8

Post-Catastrophe Nation RP interest/ooc thread (AKA: History of the World 7610 )

Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Honestly, pick a source. It's supposed to be a vague christian based amalgamation of Christian values and American Nationalism. Think if Columbia from Bioshock Infinite became a country, minus the racism.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • Honestly, pick a source. It's supposed to be a vague christian based amalgamation of Christian values and American Nationalism. Think if Columbia from Bioshock Infinite became a country, minus the racism.
    I meant more of how it came to be IC
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Ahh. Think of it like this.

1.) Plague comes, millions die. Desperation kicks in as the States that band together need something to prevent panic and anarchy from setting in.
    2.) Southern Bapist Church (as good a scapegoat as any) Ministers start to preach a new gospel, a mix of Nationalistic Populism and Christian Values to try and get their terrified parishes through the South.
    3.) Government decides to endorse this new Gospel and calls for a religious convention. A majority or surviving ministers attend, create a new Canon of God and the Church of America is created.
    4.) Government adopts the new religion as the official state religion. Shortly after, a cure is created by the CDC at Atlanta. The Church seizes on this and claims the new Church is responsible. The people flock to the new Church.

The rest is history.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • I would call that a big leap but I'm sitting on top of a Neo-Byzantine Imperium so I can't really judge :P
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Hey, Justinian, nice glass house.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Hey, Justinian, nice glass house.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Really nice glass house.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Ashton, just curious, the titles on the windows for your IC posts, like "a confederate yankee in pope ....", is that just a title or something else?
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Ashton, just curious, the titles on the windows for your IC posts, like "a confederate yankee in pope ....", is that just a title or something else?
    Just a title. Usually some stupid joke I think is witty at the time or unimportant OOC commentary. Don’t worry too much about it.
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Wait, you want to reject some one because either

A) His country has implied genocide
    B) His country is not original
    C) You do not like his political views?

No, I'm sorry, but no, I cannot condone that. Reject an application for administrative reasons, balance reasons or logic reasons but I cannot condone blocking someone because you do not like someone's personal political views, that is NOT what Wintreath is about.
    It's neither of those things. There is a difference between "I'm not letting you into this RP because I don't like you're political views" and "I know you're a Neo-Nazi and I feel uncomfortable with letting you sign up as the Heathen Germanic Riech"
    I have explicitly corrected my previous mistakes from the last time, yet you still want to blacklist me from ever playing again? I'm sorry that I took edgy shitposting to RP nearly a year ago, now can we move on from all the bs drama from Ainur and Dellenaria and just play a game?
    Corrected what mistakes?
    >be an edgelord posting turkroach memes a year ago, then grow out of it

>neonazi

As for my mistakes, this time I have almost no Anatolian land, and the people pushing for the empire to expand there are doing it to prevent the marginalization of Turks in the empire.
    You told us that you wanted Turks to be forcefully expelled from Istanbul, western Anatolia, historical Western Armenia and Bashur so the Greece, Kurdistan and Armenia can nejoy irridentist states in what was once Turkey. This wasn't a meme, it was genuine political ramblings. If you grew out of that, good on you, but don't make it as if I'm giving you a hard time for really loving the Byzantine Empire or memes. You know what you said.

Besides, how does Greece control Istanbul in a complete collapse of the EU?
    On tumblr at opabinia-regalis.tumblr.com

Good night, ladies, good night, sweet ladies, good night, good night.
    Violet
    Besides, how does Greece control Istanbul in a complete collapse of the EU?

Just do what Transamur did and declare all debts null and void after global financial collapse.
    1 person likes this post: Justinian Ezkantion
    Commander_Zemas
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist
  • Besides, how does Greece control Istanbul in a complete collapse of the EU?

Just do what Transamur did and declare all debts null and void after global financial collapse.
    That wasn't my point. If 60% of everyone in Istanbul died, it'd still be almost the same population as the entirety of pre-outbreak Greece. Greece doesn't have the capital, the manpower or the resources to occupy Istanbul. The only acceptable excuse is that it's some sort of Greco-Turkist union (which is a thing btw) but from what Justinina has said, the Turks are actually oppressed in this hypothetical country.

This may seem like I have it out for Justinian but it isn't. I just don't find the idea of a Neo-Byzantine Empire in this setting to be realistic. Greece can barely keep its own population in check IRL, let alone the population of Istanbul.

Violet
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen

That wasn't my point. If 60% of everyone in Istanbul died, it'd still be almost the same population as the entirety of pre-outbreak Greece. Greece doesn't have the capital, the manpower or the resources to occupy Istanbul. The only acceptable excuse is that it's some sort of Greco-Turkist union (which is a thing btw) but from what Justinina has said, the Turks are actually oppressed in this hypothetical country.

This may seem like I have it out for Justinian but it isn't. I just don't find the idea of a Neo-Byzantine Empire in this setting to be realistic. Greece can barely keep its own population in check IRL, let alone the population of Istanbul.
    Densely populated cities like Istanbul to be disproportionately affected by a plague. Most American cities tend to be more spread out than European ones, due to their development in tandem with the automobile. Istanbul wasn't wiped out, it was abandoned purposely due to its nature as plague bait (yes, I know not all of Istanbul is the Fatih district, but population density is still 2,500 people per square kilometer) Canakkale swelled in population as a result and essentially became the new Istanbul. Meanwhile the festering carcass of old Istanbul got swooped up by glorified mercenaries, whom the Turks promptly rendered irrelevant by securing Izmit and letting people just stop on the other side of the Bosporus. The new Constantinopian state survived purely because of the blind ultranationalism that said mercenaries pumped out encouraging people to settle there. It would have collapsed in on itself had Demetrios not started a campaign against the fractured states of Bulgaria and Greece and gathering enough manpower to threaten the Turkish Marmaran Republic, with whom they finally entered into a glorious conflict and....peacefully negotiated a treaty of amity which slowly accumulated into a mutual agglomeration.
    As for the Turks being oppressed? They aren't. It's more that they fear it could happen if they lose their proportional position in the population, and thus want to continue to fill it with more Turks/people who are ok with turks to counteract the influx of the not-so-ok-with-turks orthodox slavs.
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:08:37 AM by Justinian Ezkantion »
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • for fuck's sake

let him do this thing and switch when he gets bore because there's nobody in Europe
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Violet
  • Former Citizen
  • Fabulous Misandrist

Densely populated cities like Istanbul to be disproportionately affected by a plague. Most American cities tend to be more spread out than European ones, due to their development in tandem with the automobile. Istanbul wasn't wiped out, it was abandoned purposely due to its nature as plague bait (yes, I know not all of Istanbul is the Fatih district, but population density is still 2,500 people per square kilometer) Canakkale swelled in population as a result and essentially became the new Istanbul. Meanwhile the festering carcass of old Istanbul got swooped up by glorified mercenaries, whom the Turks promptly rendered irrelevant by securing Izmit and letting people just stop on the other side of the Bosporus. The new Constantinopian state survived purely because of the blind ultranationalism that said mercenaries pumped out encouraging people to settle there. It would have collapsed in on itself had Demetrios not started a campaign against the fractured states of Bulgaria and Greece and gathering enough manpower to threaten the Turkish Marmaran Republic, with whom they finally entered into a glorious conflict and....peacefully negotiated a treaty of amity which slowly accumulated into a mutual agglomeration.
    As for the Turks being oppressed? They aren't. It's more that they fear it could happen if they lose their proportional position in the population, and thus want to continue to fill it with more Turks/people who are ok with turks to counteract the influx of the not-so-ok-with-turks orthodox slavs.
    Okay. Millions of people leaving there homes and livelihoods in an exodus toward wherever in hopes of fsafe haven isn't realistic. It isn't even possible. Even if Istanbul is "plague bait". And if it is, then that also means like half of all major ciites in Europe are probably abandoned too, including Athens so.

Violet

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8