Pages: 1 [2]

2017 New Zealand General Election

Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • And what happens when Lbour decides to do away with the Monarchy, something she wants to do? Doubt the Nationalists will go along.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • ? Then we won't do away with the Monarchy? That's been a question dancing around for years and I highly doubt they can "do away with it" easily even with a majority. (Also, that question is so far down on my priorities that it took me a good while to work out what you were talking about. Monarchs aren't that big a deal, nor is not having a monarch).

Also, quick question, which group are you being dismissive/derogatory over? The tone looks like you are, but I'm not sure which or if I'm misreading things.
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • The next PM is a Republican. It will be discussed. Somewhere on some level.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • ? Then we won't do away with the Monarchy? That's been a question dancing around for years and I highly doubt they can "do away with it" easily even with a majority. (Also, that question is so far down on my priorities that it took me a good while to work out what you were talking about. Monarchs aren't that big a deal, nor is not having a monarch).

Also, quick question, which group are you being dismissive/derogatory over? The tone looks like you are, but I'm not sure which or if I'm misreading things.

Oh, lord no, Im not intentionally being dismissive. I dont know enough about Kiwi politics to be dismissive. I just know that coalitions rarely end well ( just ask Nick Clegg how being DPM was)  and that the Labour head is a Republican.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • Oh, lord no, Im not intentionally being dismissive. I dont know enough about Kiwi politics to be dismissive. I just know that coalitions rarely end well ( just ask Nick Clegg how being DPM was)  and that the Labour head is a Republican.
    Oh, I see. Well, coalitions/confidence & supply deals are pretty common in New Zealand. Pretty much every government in our past that I know of has been a coalition in some way, shape, or form (especially when NZFirst are Kingmakers). This election is actually somewhat unusual in that a good chunk of our minor parties didn't make five percent of the vote and thus didn't get a seat, which honestly scares me.

In terms of the republican leader (little r -- we don't have a Republican Party and that confused the heck out of me), I don't think enough people care one way or another if we step back from the monarchy. It'll probably be met with a roll of the eyes and occasional discusson over meals. I believe that the current view is "it's probably going to happen at some point, but why fix what isn't broken."
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2]