Pages: 1 [2]

Hillary Clinton: What Happened

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • But when you're in a position such as hers, you shouldn't be letting your emotions affect you that deeply.

I'd understand it in most positions, but not when you're fighting to be the leader of our country.

And when you have time to tout your accomplishments and boast about what you do, then you have time to work on taking that stand.
    Easier said than done. :P Perhaps she thought she was over it, but didn't anticipate the level and severity of the attacks people would make on her character as a candidate. I guess only she knows what was really going through her mind.

If there's anyone to blame, it's possibly the Democratic Party for knowing (or they should have known) what a weak candidate she was and sticking by her anyways through the primaries. They could have been more impartial with the candidates they had, or done more to encourage a wider field of candidates.

Well you know America, the DMC were too busy laughing at the absurdity of Trump and patting themselves on the back for getting ready to elect a woman president.  They couldn't see her obvious shortcomings and lack of capability to do the role well.

I just wish Bernie had a fair shot.  I'm pretty sure he would have unquestionably won.
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • I'm not so sure he would have outright won...Trump would have almost certainly tried to paint him as a Soviet-style communist, and that's almost as motivating to his base as Crooked Hillary. But I'm sure he would have done better than Hillary.

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Menekar
  • Former Citizen
  • I think she has really legitimate criticisms of Bernie and of the current fights still going on in the Democratic Party. Bernie supporters have spent the entire time since his loss criticizing Clinton and the party at large, so I find it only fair that Clinton air her own criticisms. I myself supported Bernie in the primaries, but then supported Clinton in the general. Both of their campaigns were flawed in different ways, and I think that the idea that somehow Bernie (someone who has never had to deal with the full force of the Republican Party lined up against him) would have easily won the general election is honestly ridiculous. The timing is somewhat regrettable, but if I were Hillary I don't know how long I could deal with these constant and many times completely illegitimate attacks against my character before responding in some way.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Menekar
    Wintermoot
  • I think she has really legitimate criticisms of Bernie and of the current fights still going on in the Democratic Party. Bernie supporters have spent the entire time since his loss criticizing Clinton and the party at large, so I find it only fair that Clinton air her own criticisms. I myself supported Bernie in the primaries, but then supported Clinton in the general. Both of their campaigns were flawed in different ways, and I think that the idea that somehow Bernie (someone who has never had to deal with the full force of the Republican Party lined up against him) would have easily won the general election is honestly ridiculous. The timing is somewhat regrettable, but if I were Hillary I don't know how long I could deal with these constant and many times completely illegitimate attacks against my character before responding in some way.
    I don't think she wrote this book in response to attacks...in fact I think other than Hillary herself and occasionally Trump (who still goes on about Hillary's emails), most everyone else had moved on from 2016. I think more than anything she's still reeling from a loss she herself has admitted she expected to win, and personally I don't think this was the best way for her to handle her feelings from that. Instead of attacking him, she might have taken Bernie as an example...he didn't write a book blaming Hillary, the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, or anyone else for his primary losses, he went to work on the issues he cared about and started an organization to promote candidates who support economic progressive causes (Our Revolution).

What causes has Hillary worked towards since her own defeat?
    2 people like this post: Gerrick, taulover

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • So, related, Hillary was on Today this morning. She was asked whether she believed that she made enough mistakes by only her own doing to lose the election. Her response?

"Well I will say no, Matt. I don't think that will surprise you."

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    BraveSirRobin
  • My Dear Jean-Luc!
  • So, related, Hillary was on Today this morning. She was asked whether she believed that she made enough mistakes by only her own doing to lose the election. Her response?

"Well I will say no, Matt. I don't think that will surprise you."
    And that attitude is exactly what lost her the election.  She hasn't learned a thing.  I mean, there's a reason the saying goes "the buck stops here."  Have we totally forgotten Truman?

YOU are responsible for the actions of your staff.  You can complain they didn't do a good job, but if that's the case, then YOU should have been more involved in the inner workings of the project.  Would Apple have been able to create the iPhone if Jobs hadn't been breathing down everyone's neck?  Not likely.  (Just look at the iPhone X :P )
    Sir Robin of Camelot

"Whilst the men of Caenia were scattered far and wide, pillaging and destroying, Romulus came upon them with an army, and after a brief encounter taught them that anger is futile without strength."  -Titus Livius, Ab Urbe Condita

(Ravenclaw is the best!)

Résumé/A History of Robin on NationStates
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 4 June 2015 - present
    Member of the Hvitt Riddaral: 21 August 2015 - present
    Strifa of the 12th Underhusen: 8 October 2015 - 13 December 2015
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    Speaker Pro Tem of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    Speaker of the 16th Underhusen: 10 June 2016 - 11 August 2016
    Ambassador to Europeia: 5 December 2016 - present
    RP Guild Councillor: 23 February 2017 - present
    Ambassador to The North Pacific: 11 March 2017 - present
    Speaker of the 21st Underhusen: 10 April 2017 - 10 June 2017
    Delegate of Wintreath: 10 June 2017 - 15 March 2020
    Strifa of the 23rd Underhusen: 10 August 2017 - 10 November 2017
    Thane of Ambassadors: 10 October 2018 - 10 December 2018
    Commendation of Wintreath: Sept 24 2020

New Hyperion:
    Citizen: 27 November 2015 - present
    Patrician: 12 January 2016 - present
    Lord of Development: 5 February 2016 - present

(I stole this format from tau, but who am I not to copy a great system? :-) )

Ne Crustumini quidem atque Antemnates pro ardore iraque Caeninensium satis se impigre movent; ita per se ipsum nomen Caeninum in agrum Romanum impetum facit. Sed effuse vastantibus fit obvius cum exercitu Romulus levique certamine docet vanam sine viribus iram esse.
    BraveSirRobin
    • My Dear Jean-Luc!
    • We Meet Again, Mon Capitaine!!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I discovered yesterday that Scribd has the audiobook edition of What Happened, read by none other than the Hills herself. I'm debating whether or not to give it a listen, just to see if her voice reflects anger and bitterness.
    1 person likes this post: Gerrick

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation