Pages: 1 [2] 3

What would you like to see the Underhusen do?

taulover
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Underhausen
    FYI, it's Underhusen. The theme of this region is Nordic, not German.
    p.s i don't recall if wintreath has one or not but maybe a discord server because explaining stuff by actually talking could be so much easier.
    Wintreath currently has an unofficial Discord (with IRC still remaining the only official chat linked anywhere).
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Menekar
  • Former Citizen
  • Underhausen
    FYI, it's Underhusen. The theme of this region is Nordic, not German.

Sorry about that:/ I took a couple years of German, so that spelling just came naturally
    Menekar
    Chanku
  • Citizen
  • Nice to see someone is trying to fix the Storting (especially after I got wrapped up in life among other things and failed to do much last session). However as others have said before the Storting, and in turn the Underhusen, has a lack of things to do really. It's become somewhat of a laughing-stock of an institution in some ways.

The main issue with the Underhusen is simple, there is no real incentive or reason to run. The Storting lacks enough authority and power to really do anything beyond fixing things it has already passed at this point. Most of the power lies within the Monarchy and the Underhusen has little ties to the Monarchy, so ultimately there is little sway within the rest of the region. If you want to see people run for Underhusen, you need to give them a reason to do so. However in order to do so there is the issue of this: You need to ask the Monarch for more power. Which Wintermoot, no offense, but you probably aren't going to grant more power to the Storting anytime soon. Last session me, my Speaker PT, and my Secretary discussed ideas for getting the Storting more involved in the government, things like potentially giving the Storting the power to confirm Jarls/Thanes, or giving it power to create ministries or whatever, I even suggested having the Storting create a set of awards that are designed for a certain field (that the Storting would also hear people that are to get the award). In the end they were shot down by Wintermoot. I understand Wintermoot's position, however there is the issue that most power is concentrated in the Monarchy, and as such why should someone focus on the Underhusen and put energy into there since it really won't lead to anywhere else. You get nothing else in return. In the past the Storting and Monarchy were generally separated in functioning. Each would do it's own thing, however that was not, and is not sustainable. If you want to see the Storting return to it's prime you need to give it more responsibilities, and thus more power. You need to have the Storting and Monarchy/Riksrad work together.

At least that's my 2 cents.

(Also on the Paragon thing, I would somewhat oppose that, only because Paragons are kinda bloated anyway. I would argue giving them Wintreath Commendations would be nice, because only one person has one right now, meaning the Commendation is more exclusive that Paragon status).
    1 person likes this post: Menekar
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Menekar
  • Former Citizen
  • Nice to see someone is trying to fix the Storting (especially after I got wrapped up in life among other things and failed to do much last session). However as others have said before the Storting, and in turn the Underhusen, has a lack of things to do really. It's become somewhat of a laughing-stock of an institution in some ways.

The main issue with the Underhusen is simple, there is no real incentive or reason to run. The Storting lacks enough authority and power to really do anything beyond fixing things it has already passed at this point. Most of the power lies within the Monarchy and the Underhusen has little ties to the Monarchy, so ultimately there is little sway within the rest of the region. If you want to see people run for Underhusen, you need to give them a reason to do so. However in order to do so there is the issue of this: You need to ask the Monarch for more power. Which Wintermoot, no offense, but you probably aren't going to grant more power to the Storting anytime soon. Last session me, my Speaker PT, and my Secretary discussed ideas for getting the Storting more involved in the government, things like potentially giving the Storting the power to confirm Jarls/Thanes, or giving it power to create ministries or whatever, I even suggested having the Storting create a set of awards that are designed for a certain field (that the Storting would also hear people that are to get the award). In the end they were shot down by Wintermoot. I understand Wintermoot's position, however there is the issue that most power is concentrated in the Monarchy, and as such why should someone focus on the Underhusen and put energy into there since it really won't lead to anywhere else. You get nothing else in return. In the past the Storting and Monarchy were generally separated in functioning. Each would do it's own thing, however that was not, and is not sustainable. If you want to see the Storting return to it's prime you need to give it more responsibilities, and thus more power. You need to have the Storting and Monarchy/Riksrad work together.

At least that's my 2 cents.

(Also on the Paragon thing, I would somewhat oppose that, only because Paragons are kinda bloated anyway. I would argue giving them Wintreath Commendations would be nice, because only one person has one right now, meaning the Commendation is more exclusive that Paragon status).

I totally agree with this. I think that there is a balance that can be found when it comes to the powers of the Founder (in this case the Monarch) in any region. This balance is essential, because as Chanku points out if almost all of the power is concentratead in one person at the top, there is little incentive for anyone else to get into government. Allowing the Underhusen more power and say in the Governmetn, and relinquishing certain responsibilities to it would greatly increase the importance of the legislature. When it's more important and more active, it should begin to court more interest.
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:48:04 PM by Menekar »
    Menekar
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • At the end of the day, though, on a forum, he who has admin rights has the power, and he who has root power over all of them.
    Having a monarchy just sort of...clearly represents this in a way that a purely representative democracy would not, because as Ainur saw, if the executive doesn't have root admin privileges, a coup can happen whenever the root admin wants and there's sweet Fanny Adams to be done about it.
    2 people like this post: Gerrick, Michi
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    things like potentially giving the Storting the power to confirm Jarls/Thanes
    What's the point of this? I've looked at a lot of regions where legislatures have this power, and they rarely if ever vote down a nominee the head of government has put forward, even when there's good reason to do so. Coupled with the fact that we have few people interested in being a Jarl or Thane because of the workload it involves, and I suspect this would be more giving the Storting busywork rather than power.

or giving it power to create ministries or whatever
    The Storting is free to create its own subordinate offices and groups, just like the Underhusen created a Secretary position. In that regard, it already has the power, it just doesn't have the power to impose an office on the Monarchy that I then have to try to fill and take responsibility for.

I even suggested having the Storting create a set of awards that are designed for a certain field (that the Storting would also hear people that are to get the award)
    I don't think I 'shot down' this one, I just pointed out that I thought an actual awards event would be more fun and rewarding for everyone. The Storting can create any awards that it wants, as it did with the Commendation.

The problem with the idea that all would be well if the Monarchy gave up some power is that we rarely actually utilize any real power we have...appointments to the Cabinet are rare, there have only been nine decrees in nearly four years, and with one lone exception in that time we approve all legal Citizenship applications by default. The Monarchy isn't active because we have all this power, it's active because we do a lot of regular work that any Citizen could do if they wanted...we just have people who have accepted doing that work as a responsibility, and I'm glad we have people that are willing to do that. They, along with some Citizens that pitch in and get things going, are what keep this community going.

Furthermore, it's simply not fair to say that I won't grant anyone more power...I have agreed to restrict the powers of the Monarchy when it made sense to, such as when we restricted the power of decrees to a few areas, and when we made the Underhusen Speaker one that's selected by the Skrifa rather than by me. I just haven't seen the case be made that giving the Underhusen power that the Monarchy itself rarely has need to use is going to magically make it more relevant.
    2 people like this post: taulover, Michi

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • No.

No no no.

More power is NOT the answer.  In fact, I seem to recall a time when the UH...specifically the Speaker, had far too much power to do whatever the heck they pleased.

I also recall that it was decided by UH that that reign of power needed to be dialed DOWN, not up, as ended up being the duty of everyone in either my first or second term in the UH (to where we basically neutered the role of the Speaker and made it less powerful).

The last thing we need to do is do a complete 180 and give that power back, because that just brings us back to square one.

1. Think of Wintreath like a presidency.  Wintermoot is the president, the Cabinet is his...well, cabinet, the Underhusen is the House of Reps, and the OH is the Senate.  If anything, the storting wouldn't be the one to confirm the Jarls/Thanes...that would be the OH's job, as it's the Senate who confirm/reject the president's choices for his cabinet, not the HoR.  And since the OH is pretty much everyone handpicked by Wintermoot himself, that really serves no purpose having his own handpicked people confirm/deny his own handpicked cabinet.

2.  If we really wanted a "ministry," we could create it in the sense of creating a group (as WM pointed out).  However, an actual Ministry should always be headed by a Jarl, which essentially makes things moot since, well, Moot picks the cabinet members.  If the UH can come up with a group that can function well and is spearheaded by its members, I'm sure Wintermoot would be fine with it.  But that'd require the UH to actually be on top of it 24/7.

3.  We can create awards, and there's really nothing stopping us aside from majority votes against such awards from either house.  I could go in and create a reward honoring people who reach a specific post count, and if voted positively by both houses, it would become a legitimate award.  As for an actual set of awards, I think that should be something handled by all branches of government as well as the citizens, not just one specific branch.  As WM said...an actual ceremony.
    1 person likes this post: Hydra
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:10:02 AM by Coco Bandicoot »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Menekar
  • Former Citizen
  • I wasn't here for any of the points about the Underhusen having more power before, but I just had something to say on the point of cabinet posts.

@Wintermoot Although I suspect a whole lot of people woulnd't be jumping at the chance to head up one of the ministries, that doesn't mean those people don't exist. I think that the current executive set up in the region kind of discourages people to get involved in these ministries. Unless one of the current Jarls or Thanes leaves their post, there is no real turnover. In the RIA, the region I was in before this one, the newly elected delegate chose their new Ministers. Sure, often people cycled in and out of the same ministries, but there was room and availability for people to take the offices when this turnover happened. In Wintreath, that is not really possible since the Monarch appoints their officials and they are not replaced except for under extreme circumstances. I think opening up the ministries not only to greater turnover, but also perhaps a spreading the workload out so that the positions would be less stressful and more plentiful may help incentivize people to participate.

1. Think of Wintreath like a presidency.  Wintermoot is the president, the Cabinet is his...well, cabinet, the Underhusen is the House of Reps, and the OH is the Senate.  If anything, the storting wouldn't be the one to confirm the Jarls/Thanes...that would be the OH's job, as it's the Senate who confirm/reject the president's choices for his cabinet, not the HoR.  And since the OH is pretty much everyone handpicked by Wintermoot himself, that really serves no purpose having his own handpicked people confirm/deny his own handpicked cabinet.

I don't think this analogy really works. Wintreath's government is quite different form that of the US in many fundamental ways. Although the OH is technically the upper house of the Storting, like the Senate is of Congress, the Senate is not in any way picked by the executive branch. It is still a legitimate legislative check on the executives powers. Also, the Monarch is for life, unlike the termed President. I think it would make sense for the elected branch of the Storting, like the elected Senate, to have some control over the executive's appointments, especially when the executive is a monarch. That is to say nothing bad against Wintermoot, who I think is a legitimately wonderful ruler. But checks and balances must exist, and this seems like a logical one.
    Menekar
    Michi
  • I wasn't here for any of the points about the Underhusen having more power before, but I just had something to say on the point of cabinet posts.

@Wintermoot Although I suspect a whole lot of people woulnd't be jumping at the chance to head up one of the ministries, that doesn't mean those people don't exist. I think that the current executive set up in the region kind of discourages people to get involved in these ministries. Unless one of the current Jarls or Thanes leaves their post, there is no real turnover. In the RIA, the region I was in before this one, the newly elected delegate chose their new Ministers. Sure, often people cycled in and out of the same ministries, but there was room and availability for people to take the offices when this turnover happened. In Wintreath, that is not really possible since the Monarch appoints their officials and they are not replaced except for under extreme circumstances. I think opening up the ministries not only to greater turnover, but also perhaps a spreading the workload out so that the positions would be less stressful and more plentiful may help incentivize people to participate.

I don't think this analogy really works. Wintreath's government is quite different form that of the US in many fundamental ways. Although the OH is technically the upper house of the Storting, like the Senate is of Congress, the Senate is not in any way picked by the executive branch. It is still a legitimate legislative check on the executives powers. Also, the Monarch is for life, unlike the termed President. I think it would make sense for the elected branch of the Storting, like the elected Senate, to have some control over the executive's appointments, especially when the executive is a monarch. That is to say nothing bad against Wintermoot, who I think is a legitimately wonderful ruler. But checks and balances must exist, and this seems like a logical one.

I said they're alike, not identical.  Clearly there are differences since Wintermoot is King, not President.  But as Putin proves, even "President" is just a word since he's virtually "President for Life."  So aside from the nomination of the Senate being a bit different, they're pretty alike.  And structure wise, given how Wintermoot chooses to actually rule, they're a bit more identical evem though they do have their differences.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • @Wintermoot Although I suspect a whole lot of people woulnd't be jumping at the chance to head up one of the ministries, that doesn't mean those people don't exist. I think that the current executive set up in the region kind of discourages people to get involved in these ministries. Unless one of the current Jarls or Thanes leaves their post, there is no real turnover. In the RIA, the region I was in before this one, the newly elected delegate chose their new Ministers. Sure, often people cycled in and out of the same ministries, but there was room and availability for people to take the offices when this turnover happened. In Wintreath, that is not really possible since the Monarch appoints their officials and they are not replaced except for under extreme circumstances. I think opening up the ministries not only to greater turnover, but also perhaps a spreading the workload out so that the positions would be less stressful and more plentiful may help incentivize people to participate.
    At the end of the day, Wintreath is a meritocratic society, and it doesn't make sense to remove Cabinet members who are active and doing a good job. It's hard to find people who have the time and interest, and are willing to volunteer both towards the region, because as someone who puts a lot of time into this myself, I expect a lot from the Cabinet.

Earlier this summer, I removed a few members who had gone inactive, and even with open ministries it's hard to find people. That's why the Ministry of Information portfolio was narrowed down to become Court Scribe (and even then, only one person applied for it), and why the Ministry of Integration remains completely vacant. The fact of the matter is, most people are here to have fun, not to work, and there's nothing wrong with that. I certainly want people to have fun, lol. It's just that when it comes to taking on responsibility in the region that's honestly not fun, unless you're weird like me and you find building things that people enjoy to be fun.

The people who are willing to put in the time and energy are absolute treasures. I've seen regions that don't have people like that, and they tend to be utterly inactive.
    2 people like this post: Mathyland, taulover

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • I'll echo Moot on this.  The reason I stepped away from being Jarl of Culture was because it felt like a chore after some time with little to no actual progress being made.  Rather than creating things for fun, it became doing it for the sake of meeting deadlines.
    Creating new content became stressful because it became almost a required challenge as opposed to being something fun to bring something new to the table. That in itself created burnout, and I had to step away from the region for a bit.

And this is the Culture Ministry...the section that should be the most exciting of them all since it spearheads the entertainment side of the forums.

Right now, Gerrick has been doing an excellent job.  He's brought forth some excellent additions to RP and other areas, and has really taken to the role pretty well.  I'll be hoping that it continues and he enioys it...but I'll also understand any days that he doesn't since I've had them...as have all of the Jarls of past and present at specific points.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I will say that things have improved since Coco was a Jarl, at least...back then Citizens expected the Cabinet to run absolutely everything, and not only is that not sustainable, it's self-limiting since there's only so much a handful of people can physically do. Since then we've done more to encourage regular Citizens to take the initiative and do things they want, and while Gerrick does a great job of hosting events and coming up with ideas when he wants to, he's also encouraged people to take the lead themselves and tried to get people together with things like task forces and things like that. We've also introduced Cabinet positions with narrower portfolios such as the Court Scribe, whose sole regular responsibility is putting out the Orendi monthly.

As demanding as being on the Cabinet is now, I'd like to think that the period Coco is talking about was the absolute low point, just because the expectations on the Monarchy were insane at the time.
    3 people like this post: Michi, taulover, Laurentus

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    taulover
  • Seeker of Knowledge
  • Hijacking this thread because it's mildly relevant and there's no Citizens' discussion for this particular law.
    Quote from: Mathyland
    I was about to start writing this up since nobody else wanted to, but I then realized that I couldn't find where in the laws it states how long Underhusen nomination periods and election periods are. @Wintermoot?
    It's in the Fundamental Laws. (Though in this case perhaps it'd be better to pass a separate piece of Statutory Law or something rather than amending the Fundamental Laws?)
    2 people like this post: Michi, Mathyland
    Résumé
    Wintreath:
    Citizen: 8 April 2015 - present
    From the Ashes RP Game Master: 29 November 2015 - 24 July 2018
    Skydande Vakt Marshal: 29 November 2015 - 28 February 2017
    Skrifa of the 13th Underhusen: 13 December 2015 - 8 February 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 6 March 2018
    Ambassador to Lovely: 23 February 2016 - 17 August 2016
    Werewolf VII co-host: 11 May 2016 - 5 June 2016
    Skrifa of the 18th Underhusen: 8 October 2016 - 7 December 2016
    Ambassador to Balder: 1 December 2016 - 1 March 2022
    Skrifa of the 19th Underhusen: 7 December 2016 - 9 February 2017
    Ambassador to the INWU: 11 March 2017 - 1 March 2022
    Ambassador to the Versutian Federation: 18 August 2017 - 22 March 2018
    Thane of Integration: 29 September 2017 - 7 March 2018
    Speaker of the 24th Underhusen: 10 October 2017 - 7 December 2017
    October 2017 Wintreath's Finest: 4 November 2017
    Speaker pro tempore of the 25th Underhusen: 9 December 2017 - 7 February 2018
    Wintreath's Finest of 2017: 6 January 2018
    Werewolf XIV host: 20 January 2018 - 23 February 2018
    February 2018 Wintreath's Finest: 5 March 2018
    Thane of Embassy Dispatches / Foreign Releases and Information / Foreign Dispatches: 7 March 2018 - 15 March 2020
    Speaker of the 28th Underhusen: 10 June 2018 - 7 August 2018
    Second Patriarch of the Noble House of Valeria: 10 October 2018 - present
    Arena Game 6 Host: 28 December 2018 - 9 March 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 29 January 2019 - 12 February 2019
    Speaker of the 32nd Underhusen: 12 February 2019 - 8 April 2019
    March 2019 Wintreath's Finest: 4 April 2019
    Librarian of the Underhusen: 12 April 2019 - 23 October 2020
    Commendation of Wintreath: 24 September 2020
    Peer of the Overhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021
    Vice Chancellor of the Landsraad: 26 May 2021 - 15 September 2022
    Arena Game 8 Host: 10 June 2021 - 19 July 2021
    June 2021 Wintreath's Finest: 5 July 2021
    Regional Stability Squad: 28 February 2023 - present
    Minecraft Server Admin: 8 March 2023 - present

Aura Hyperia/New Hyperion:
    Plebeian: 16 April 2014 - 21 July 2014
    Patrician: 21 July 2014 - present
    Adeptus Mechanicus: 24 October 2014 - 16 November 2014
    Co-founder of New Hyperion: 29 October 2014 - present
    Lord of Propaganda: 16 November 2014 - present
    Mapmaker for Official Region RP: 27 November 2015 - present
    WACom Delegate: 11 November 2017 - present
    Other positions: Hyperian Guardsman, Hyperian Marine (Rank: Scout)
    taulover
    • Seeker of Knowledge
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Hijacking this thread because it's mildly relevant and there's no Citizens' discussion for this particular law.
    Quote from: Mathyland
    I was about to start writing this up since nobody else wanted to, but I then realized that I couldn't find where in the laws it states how long Underhusen nomination periods and election periods are. @Wintermoot?
    It's in the Fundamental Laws. (Though in this case perhaps it'd be better to pass a separate piece of Statutory Law or something rather than amending the Fundamental Laws?)

I was going to wait until it became a bill discussion before bringing it up here...but I do suppose having a topic just to talk about the election process in general would be a pretty good thing to have in here as well.  :))
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Laurentus
  • Count of Highever
  • Wait, I was almost a paragon?
    In die donker ure skink net duiwels nog 'n dop, 
    Satan sit saam sy kinders en kyk hoe kom die son op. 
    • Count of Highever
    Laurentus
    • Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      The Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3