Pages: 1 [2] 3

The Wintrean Games: Soccer (IC)

Thanks, Ill try to include that in the next Imperial Eagles match!

The male team is separated by the female team with a comma fyi.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:47:41 PM by Commander_Zemas »
Commander_Zemas
Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Sorry for the delay. Divisions 3 and 4, Round 2 and Divisions 1 and 2, Round 3 will be up later today.
    4 people like this post: Commander_Zemas, Elbbsas, Crushita, Michi
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • LAST OF ROUND 2

Division 3, Round 2

Hinton Hounds VS Skyhelm Mountaineers

The Match
    And we have an exciting match up for you today! I'm your commentator, Tohru Dojima at Inaba Stadium! The second round of Division 3 sees the Hinton Hounds, pride of Pogglind and their mascot Bucks up against the Geramundo guests, the Skyhelm Mountaineers! This will be the Hound's last chance to qualify for the Semi-finals, they must secure a victory here to even qualify! That determination shows as the tension in the crowd is electric, and the determination is equal on both sides with the Mountaineers absolutely set to put on a good show on their first match in the Games! Who shall come out on top today?

...the whistle blows, signifying the start, as the Hounds begin a steady attack down the left field, trying to get the ball forward but the Skyhelm defense is packed! An interception after a poorly placed pass puts possession back in the hands of the Mountaineers as they press this advantage, a fierce counter-attack by the striker right into the dangerzone! What a turn around as the Mountaineers take a shot...it bounces off the goalkeeper, he's kept it out but its still in play as the second striker poaches a shot and its in! Goal for Skyhelm! What a poachers goal, excellent placing by the Mountaineers!

....after another goal by the Mountaineers the Hounds have started a brutal attack, tackling the moment a Mountaineer gets the ball, masterful tackles but the attack just does not stop. The Skyhelm players have put up an excellent defense, however, and markers on all the key players make advancing a challenge, let alone scoring. Only one Hound shot on goal so far and it was gracefully stopped by the keeper. What's this? A well timed challenge by Skyhelm midfielder Fus Dorah has put the Hounds on the back foot with a Skyhelm counterattack bearing down on goal, its clear to the keeper, a shot at distance and I dont believe it, they score! 0-3 to the Mountaineers now!

...we return to, quite frankly, a bloodbath. The Hounds have put on a great fight but it simply is not enough. The Mountaineers have dominated this match, simply crushing all opposition, and it shows in the score line...

.....and its all over now, after another Mountaineer goal the ref blows the whistle, signaling the end of the match and of the Hound's hopes for victory. With the score 0-4 Skyhelm is triumphant.

Hinton Hounds:0 Skyhelm Mountaineers:4

Division 4, Round 2

Snow Turnips VS Luskan Lunatics

The Match
    Welcome to the 2nd Round of Division 4, I'm your host, Mark Nutte, here at scenic Mona Stadium in the town of Valeria. Today we have quite the match for you with the Idantir Snow Turnips facing the Luskan Lunatics, a very apt name as most of the players are either certifiably insane or reformed criminals! I always love giving people second chances!

....with play beginning the Lunatics have adopted quite the eccentric play style and it seems to have caught the Turnips off guard. The Lunatics have charged into the box as the striker shoots with all her might as the Idantir keeper knocks it outta play for a corner kick! The Luskan striker is now.... attacking the ball.....uhhh, the Luskan coach is calming down the striker as the ref warns the Luskan midfielder to stop cackling madly and threatening the other players with 'her experiments'. Finally, the team is ready as the Luskan captain kicks into the jumble near the goal and into the hands of the Idantir goalkeeper! Close shot!...

....and the Turnips advance, every dime they spent on this new team really shows! The Lunatics eccentric play style seems to be a disadvantage at defending as the defenders try as they might to stop the Snow Turnips! The Luskan sweeper appears to be sleeping as she misses a tackle while another defender screams about 'reclaiming the relic from the heretics'! Unfortunately the Turnips push past the defense and into the danger zone as the star striker shoots and scores! The Luskan keeper is now scrubbing her net with a brush as the Lunatics prepare to counterattack!

...and we begin again after half time, the Turnips scored another goal but the Lunatics are not going down with out a fight! The Turnips have also sustained an injury as a midfielder had a minor mental breakdown after a Luskan defender gazed at him. Possession is roughly split as the Turnips begin an attack! They are soaring down the middle as the Lunatics attempt to stem this assault to no avail! The Turnips shoot, it bounces off the crossbar and into goal! Another score for the Turnips as the Luskan keeper breaks out her brush again!

...and that's the match! A valiant effort by the Lunatics but the Snow Turnips come out on top with the score at 3-0! Join us next time for the final match of Division 4!

Snow Turnips:3 Luskan Lunatics:0
    3 people like this post: Gerrick, Aethelia, Elbbsas
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • 0-3, somehow I feel like that's what I get for asking too many questions. Very obvious now that the text isn't computer generated anyway.

More good writing, next time I hope the RNG says my team wins just to see how the the text description plays out.
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:18:59 PM by Aethelia »
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • THE FINAL ROUNDS

Division 1, Round 3

Southern Imperial Majestics VS New Konstantinopolis Komodos

The Match
    Wait a day for some football, the weather is cloudy with some light rain but the officials have decided to carry on with the game. I'm Xander Corbus here at Ark Stadium. Today the Southern Imperial Majestics will face off against the New Konstantinopolis Komodos. This is the Imperials last chance for advancement to the Semi-Finals, even a draw here would knock them out, they must win and win big. The Komodos, on the other hand, have an easier time of it. Even a draw would secure their place in the Semi-Finals so victory today would just be a bonus. Which side will prevail in this final battle for Division 1?

The game begins in earnest as the Imperials attempt a quick advance, hoping to score before the other team knows what hit them! But a poorly placed pass has the Imperials on the back foot as the Komodos launch a swift counter-atttack! They advance before the Southern defense can close in on them and shoot...they score! What a quick turn around!

....and the whistle blows for half time, finally, a reprieve from the horror of this match for the Imperials as the score remains static at 0-5. Any chance of advancement seems to be gone as the crest fallen faces of the Imperials show.....

....And the Southern striker is taken down in the box! What a poorly timed tackle, that was almost malicious! The ref seems to agree as he gives the Komodos defender a red card and a penalty to the Imperials! This is their best chance to score and they know it. The look of concentration on the Imperial striker's face is intense, the crowd is silent, you could almost hear a pin drop......he moves in....he kicks...its in! The Imperials have finally scored in the 87th minute, bringing the scoreline to 1-8!

....and that's the match. A humiliating defeat for the Imperials as they walk away with damaged pride and a score of 1-8, the Komodos on the other hand ecstatic and it shows! The cheers of the crowd are deafening! What a spectacular result!

Southern Imperial Majestics:1 New Konstantinopolis Komodos:8

Tomorrow, Division 2, Round 3.....
    1 person likes this post: Commander_Zemas
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Never forget 8-1
    2 people like this post: Gerrick, Aethelia
    Commander_Zemas
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • DIVISION 2

Division 2, Round 3

Most Holy Soccer Team VS Intelligeneria Intellectuals

The Match
    And this is going to be quite a match, we have the final round for Division 2 with the Most Holy Team going up against the egghead footballers, the Intelligeneria Intellectuals! I'm Doug Teddie here at Alice Stadium! Final round of Division 3 and this is a battle to the end for the Holy tubers, no matter the result their journey will end here. However, they are determined to go out with a show and if anyone can put on a show its these holy rollers! The IntFooties, on the other hand, are in a battle to advance, they must score a victory and must score big to beat the Gold Hawks! Who shall walk away victorious?

This time the Holy Team seems to be fielding their best and brightest, no one over the age of 45 in sight! They have been training hard for this match and as the spudball is placed they look determined to take victory. The game begins with one heck of an aggressive attack by the spudballers as they weave around the IntFooties, who seem surprised by the suddenness of this attack! The Holy Team Striker manages to beat IntFootie defender Nate Carson with a feint and he's away with the ball, no one to stop him but Johnathan Marina as He finds himself in a one on one situation. The Holy striker points to the sky and strikes the ball with all his fury as it finds the back of the net! Its a goal in the first five minutes for the Holy Team!

....And its half time with no change in score, the spudballers have stopped almost all offensive action in favor of a packed Mediterranean style defense, one the IntFooties are having trouble beating. Just now, team captain Sam Sanara was distracted by a spudballer calling on the gods to smite him and was successfully tackled! Quite a strange yet effective play!

...And with a full 90 minutes up the match is over with the score at 1-0 for the Most Holy Soccer Team! They might not be advancing to the Semi-Finals but they gave us quite a match to mark their departure, as well as the Intelligeneria Intellectuals! They lost, but with grace and dignity as the captains shake hands, congratulating each other on a great game!

Most Holy Soccer Team:1 Intelligeneria Intellectuals:0

Next, the final round for Division 3!
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Charles Watson-Turing-Donald
  • Village Drifter
  • Ambassador for New United Kingdom
  • It had to be my team facing the team of the guy I've just married, didn't it...

:P
    2 people like this post: taulover, Commander_Zemas
    Charles Watson-Turing-Donald,
    Ambassador for New United Kingdom,
    Charles Watson-Turing-Donald
    • Ambassador for New United Kingdom
    • Village Drifter
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Division 3, up tomorrow!
    2 people like this post: Commander_Zemas, Mathyland
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • DIVISION 3

Division 3, Round 3

Skyhelm Mountaineers VS Imperial Eagles

The Match
    Hello, everyone, I'm Jon Champion and we are here at the Risette Sports Stadium in good old Sunset City. Today, we have the final round of Division 3 and it is a dozy! Both teams, the Skyhelm Mountaineers and the Imperial Eagles, stand to advance to the Semi-Finals! This is a slam dunk, winner-take-all battle to the death for both these teams. They need to win to advance and they both know it, both taking to the field with a look of sheer determination! Who will walk away triumphant and who will walk away saying adios?

....The match begins as the Skyhelm Mountaineers launch a swift attack into the Eagles half but are quickly rebuked by the solid Imperial defense! It's tiki-taka in the midfield as tackle after interception keeps both teams from scoring! Most of the play is happening in the midfield with both teams struggling to make headway!

....And that's the first half with no scores for either side! It was a brutal battle but a bloodless one with no injuries or cards so far. A few fouls and free kicks but nothing malicious. Will anyone score in the second half?

....Play resumes as both teams remain at 0 all! Both teams aggressively attempting to drive into the other's half! Will this deadlock be broken? So far the answer seems to be a negative as interception after interception leads to a stalemate!

....Free kick is awarded to the Skyhelm Mountaineers after an interception gone wrong by the Eagles. The team captain kicks deep into Eagle territory as the second striker manages to keep possession! He has an opening and by jove he's going for it at full speed as the defenders struggle to try and intercept! One defender manages to tackle and...ohh! The attacking midfielder from the Mountaineers manages to intercept and steal possession! He keeps the attack alive and shoots from outside the box! Ahh, but the Eagle goalkeeper manages to block the shot and knocks it away.... but the second striker comes in and heads the ball...its in! Goal for the Skyhelm Mountaineers! With scoring open at 1-0 at such a late stage in the game will the Eagles be able to equalize?

.....And that's the full ninety minutes, what a nerve-racking match all the way to the end, I know I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through! But with the score at 1-0 for the Skyhelm Mountaineers the match is over! The Mountaineers will be advancing to face the North Gralend Gold Hawks! Thanks for watching and see you next time!

Skyhelm Mountaineers:1  Imperial Eagles:0
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
  • Question: if it's a draw, how was the winner determined and moved to the next round?  ???
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • With 12 teams, we will be splitting up into 4 separate divisions of 3 each. All teams in a division will play each other once and points will be awarded (Win:3, Draw: 2, Lose: 1) based on performance. If there is no point difference, Goal Difference will decide the winner. If there is no Goal Difference, a Winner take all match will be played between the 2 teams. If all teams in a division have the same Goal Difference and points, then a team will be randomly chosen by virtue of chance to be eliminated and the other 2 teams shall play to determine who shall progress.
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Well shit.
    Commander_Zemas
    Gerrick
  • Woot! 2-0 Division Champs!

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Apologies for the wait, Division 4 in a minute.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 [2] 3