Pages: [1] 2 3

The Wintrean Games: Soccer (IC)

Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Welcome to the Wintrean Games for Soccer! Why we must call it soccer and not Football, you can thank the Americans for that! I mean, its an Egg you hold in your hand! Its Handegg, not football!

Uhh.... anyway! The teams are up, and with the help of a Random Number Generator (https://www.random.org), we have the teams and their strengths! I made it so that the number would always be between 30 and 70 so that all teams would have a fighting chance and we would not end up with a 0.02 strength team.

Hinton Hounds(Pogglind): 0.55
    Imperial Eagles(United Acarian Empires): 0.44
    Intelligeneria Intellectuals(Intelligeneria): 0.60
    Luskan Lunatics(Aethelia): 0.55
    Mathian Destroyers(Mathyland): 0.46
    Most Holy Soccer Team(Crushita): 0.35
    New Konstantinopolis Komodos(Escanthea): 0.67
    Penguinia Patriots(Penguin Dictators): 0.50
    North Gralend Gold Hawks(North Gralend): 0.49
    Skyhelm Mountaineers(Geramundo): 0.52
    Snow Turnips(Idantir): 0.58
    Southern Imperial Majestics(Southern Gralend): 0.38

With 12 teams, we will be splitting up into 4 separate divisions of 3 each. All teams in a division will play each other once and points will be awarded (Win:3, Draw: 2, Lose: 1) based on performance. If there is no point difference, Goal Difference will decide the winner. If there is no Goal Difference, a Winner take all match will be played between the 2 teams. If all teams in a division have the same Goal Difference and points, then a team will be randomly chosen by virtue of chance to be eliminated and the other 2 teams shall play to determine who shall progress.

The 4 winners of each Division shall then enter the Semi-Finals, where the 4 teams shall split into 2 matches. The winner of each match shall progress to the finals while the losers shall progress to the 3rd Place deciding match. Who ever wins the Finals shall be the Champion.

The Divisions shall look like this by virtue of random chance.

Division 1
    Mathian Destroyers: 4 Points (Knocked out)
    Southern Imperial Majestics: 2 Points (Knocked out)
    New Konstantinopolis Komodos: 6 Points (Advances)

Division 2
    North Gralend Gold Hawks: 5 Points (Advances)
    Most Holy Soccer Team: 4 Points(Knocked Out)
    Intelligeneria Intellectuals: 3 Points(Knocked Out)

Division 3
    Hinton Hounds: 2 Points(Knocked Out)
    Imperial Eagles: 4 Points(Knocked Out)
    Skyhelm Mountaineers: 6 Points(Advances)

Division 4
    Snow Turnips: 5 Points(Advances)
    Penguinia Patriots: 5 Points(Knocked Out)
    Luskan Lunatics:2 Points(Knocked Out)

Semi-Finals Bracket 1
    New Konstantinopolis Komodos(Lose) VS Snow Turnips(Win)

Semi Finals Bracket 2
    North Gralend Gold Hawks(Win) VS Skyhelm Mountaineers(Lose)

Finals
    Snow Turnips VS North Gralend Gold Hawks

3rd Place Finisher
    New Konstantinopolis Komodos VS Skyhelm Mountaineers

Match List
    Match 1: Mathian Destroyers(W) VS Southern Imperial Majestics(L) Score:2-1
    Match 2: North Gralend Gold Hawks(W) VS Most Holy Soccer Team(L) Score: 4-0
    Match 3: Hinton Hounds(L) VS Imperial Eagles(W) Score: 0-1
    Match 4: Snow Turnips(D) VS Penguinia Patriots(D) Score: 2-2
    Match 5: Mathian Destroyers(L) VS New Konstantinopolis Komodos(W) Score: 1-2
    Match 6: North Gralend Gold Hawks(D) VS Intelligeneria Intellectuals(D) Score:2-2
    Match 7: Hinton Hounds(L) VS Skyhelm Mountaineers(W) Score: 0-4
    Match 8: Snow Turnips(W) VS Luskan Lunatics(L) Score: 3-0
    Match 9: Southern Imperial Majestics(L) New Konstantinopolis Komodos(W) Score: 1-8
    Match 10: Most Holy Soccer Team(W) VS Intelligeneria Intellectuals(L) Score: 1-0
    Match 11: Skyhelm Mountaineers (W) VS Imperial Eagles(L) Score:1-0
    Match 12: Luskan Lunatics(L) VS Penguinia Patriots(W) Score:0-1
    Match 13: New Konstantinopolis Komodos(L) VS Snow Turnips(W) Score: 1-5
    Match 14: North Gralend Gold Hawks(W) VS Skyhelm Mountaineers(L) Score: 2-0
    Match 15: New Konstantinopolis Komodos(W) VS Skyhelm Mountaineers(L) Score: 5-0
    Match 16 (The Finals): Snow Turnips(W) VS North Gralend Gold Hawks(L) Score: 1-0

Position Table
    1st Place: Snow Turnips
    2nd Place: North Gralend Gold Hawks
    3rd Place: New Konstantinopolis Komodos
    4th Place: Skyhelm Mountaineers
    5th Place: Penguinia Patriots
    6th Place: Mathian Destroyers
    7th Place: Imperial Eagles
    8th Place: Most Holy Soccer Team
    9th Place: Intelligeneria Intellectuals
    10th Place: Southern Imperial Majestics
    11t Place: Luskan Lunatics
    12th Place: Hinton Hounds

The First Match shall begin soon! Stay tuned!
    2 people like this post: Commander_Zemas, Aethelia
    « Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:32:17 AM by North »
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • THE FIRST ROUND

Division 1, Round 1

Mathian Destroyers VS Southern Imperial Majestics

The Match
    Welcome here to Inaba Stadium in the wonderful city of Shujin! I'm your commentator for today, Akira Kurusu! On the left side of the pitch today we have the Mathematical Monsters, the Numbers Guys, the Mathian Destroyers! And on the other side, the Original Imperials, the Aggressive Expanders, the Southern Imperial Majestics! And now with the starting 11 coming out, lets talk about some stats.....

...Ohhh, Goal! Goal, a stunning early goal for the Imperials by Forward Striker Michael Van Alden! Southern fans are uproariously cheering, you can hear them for miles! The Mathyland team doesn't look to worried though, as they line up for the counter-attack....

....And we have the Equalizer! Goal for the Mathylandians! The Numbers Nerds have leveled the playing field! Their fans are certainly happy, they just gave the Southerners a run for their money cheer wise! And with just a minute to spare before half time to, and there goes the whistle! Lets see some replays on the performance so far....

....And he shoots! Ohh, disappointment as Southern second striker Walton De Royce hits the crossbar again! So far, the shots on goal are heavily favoring the Mathians, with 6-4 being the current tally on shots and the score even at 1-1! With half an hour left, can either team pull out a victory? Lets see as the Mathy goalkeeper takes a goal kick....

....and the forward midfielder passes to the striker, he makes a run for it, where is the defense? It looks like they were sleeping! It looks like they may pay dearly for their in attentiveness as he shoots.... HE SCORES! IT WENT PAST THE GOALKEEPERS OUTSTRETCHED HANDS FOR A GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! The crowd here is ecstatic as the Mathians have just scored their 2nd goal, putting them ahead of the Southerners! With less then 10 minutes, it looks to be all over, the disappointed look on Southern fans faces telling! But here they come for another counter-attack....

...and the whistle blows! That's all she wrote, and with the final score being 2-1 for the Mathians they couldn't be happier! And now for some replays.....

Mathian Destroyers:2 Southern Imperial Majestics:1

Division 2, Round 1

North Gralend Gold Hawks VS Most Holy Soccer Team

The Match
    And that brings us here to Antietam Stadium in the lovely town of Gettysburg, I'm your host Lee McClellan! Today we have the Terror from the North, the Northern Gold Hawks facing off against the Geriatric Grandpas, the Pious Passers, the Most Holy Soccer Team from Crushita! Here comes the starting 11, and....wait....ummm, it looks like one of the MHST players just pulled a back muscle! This...oh lord, this ought to be good.

And the referee has asked me again not to call it Soccer but to call it holy spudball, so....ya. Anyway, here come the socce....uhh...spudball with the....ceremonial spud painted on it. The MHST have stopped to call a prayer circle....now theres chanting.....now singing....

...and after the ritual sacrifice the game begins! I'm still surprised that the Wintrean Games Committee allowed the MHST to play in cassocks but hey, I'm all for religious freedom! And...wait, they scored already? And the North have scored a goal! The attacking midfielder was attempting to pass to the striker but overshot and the Holy goalkeeper was still saying a rosary when he scored! So congratulations to Gold Hawk midfielder Tom O'Malley! And here comes the Holy counter-attack...

...and that's half-time! With 0 shots on goal by the Holy Team the score remains 4-0! The Northern players seem to have adopted a very defensive playstyle, not much attacking going on anymore. And let me just recount the current injuries, Father Ted Montgomery (Holy Team) has suffered a pulled back and Monsignor Francis Innocent (Holy Team) has suffered a sprained ankle! And I'm told an extension for half-time has been allowed for a bit of prayer, we will be back with.....

.....And that's the game! With the Final whistle blown, the score is 4-0for the North Gralend Gold Hawks!
     Thanks to all that tuned in today, see you next time!

North Gralend Gold Hawks:4 Most Holy Soccer Team:0

Tune if tomorrow for Division 3 and Division 4, Round 1!
    2 people like this post: Commander_Zemas, Crushita
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • THE SECOND DAY

Division 3, Round 1

Hinton Hounds VS Imperial Eagles

The Match
    Welcome to what we hope will be a smashing game of Football here at Tropico Stadium in the lovely town of Tropico! I'm your commentator for today, Antonio Lopez! Today we have the Canine Companions, the Pooch Pals, the Hinton Hounds! I understand that they have their mascot in the stadium, a dog named Bucks! They will be facing off against the Imperial Eagles from the Acarian Empire! Here they come now, with double eagle logo resplendent! They've shook hands and are ready for a good match, each side putting on their best show! And now, a word from our sponsor.....

....And it is half time! Crikey, what a game so far! Neither side has scored but the effort and spirit are clearly on display! With the current shot on goal ratio at 4-7 in favor of the Hounds this could be anyone's game! We had a yellow card issued for a risky tackle by the Acarians but no injuries so far, lets hope this keeps up! And here comes the players for the second half....

.....Oh, this looks dangerous here, the Acarians are moving up aggressively, my, what a move, the striker just made a feint and is shooting past the defenders! Its just him and the goalkeeper! He shoots......and SCORES! GOAL FOR THE IMPERIAL EAGLES! THE DEADLOCK IS BROKEN AND WITH LESS THAN 15 MINUTES LEFT IT LOOKS TO BE ALL OVER! The Hounds are not giving up yet, though, with a look of steely determination they launch the counter-attack!...

....and the final whistle blows with the score still at 1-0 for the Imperial Eagles, no one can say that neither side did not give it their all, it was a close match and both sides should keep their heads up with pride at such a wonderful display!

Hinton Hounds:0 Imperial Eagles:1

Division 4, Round 1

Snow Turnips VS Penguinia Patriots

The Match
    This is it, the last game of Round 1! It's been a long time coming with fans of both sides here in the absolutely packed Ferguson Stadium in the town of Malchester, I'm your commentator for today, Bill Le Petomane. We have quite the match for you today, on the home side the Idantir team have spent a fortune, literally, a fortune trying to get the best of the best in their team! Has it worked? Only one way to find out for the Snow Turnips! On the away side today we have quite the diverse team, many nations went into this team, I dont now if they represent the Penguin Dictators or the UN! Hahaha, its the Penguinia Patriots!

Both sides are shaking hands for what should turn out to be an exciting game! And the ref blows the whistle.... and they're off!

.... Look at that move there, all the money Idantir put into this team was well spent! Excellent football and now he's in with a chance...the Snow Forward Striker gets into the box...and he scores! The crowd goes wild, what an amazing goal, beautiful maneuvering! But the Patriots look more determined than ever as they come on the attack!

....And GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALGOALGOALGOALGOAL! What an amazing goal from a free kick! The Snow Turnips lead by 2 now! It looks like they may have this in the bag now, what an amazing turn of events so far! And with that the ref blows the whistle, signalling half time, can the Patriots turn it around?...

....and here comes another attack from the Patriots, he swerves around the defender and makes a shot at range! I dont believe it, he scored! The crowd is hysterical now, cheers filling the stadium all around, even the Snow Turnips are impressed by that goal, what an amazing play!....

.....The Snow Turnips have substituted 2 Defenders into play, evidently adopting a more cautious, defensive approach, but the Patriots are still advancing down the pitch, slowly but surely! It's been a gut wrenching game and with 5 minutes left anything can happen, can the Patriots equalize? Wait, there's a break....the star Patriot striker has broken through and is advancing down the middle! Just hem and the goalkeeper! He shoots!
     OH MY GOD HE SCORES! THIS IS AMAZING! WITH LESS THAN 5 MINUTES THE PATRIOTS HAVE EQUALIZED!
     WHAT A FANTASTIC GOAL! They never gave up and that determination has paid off now!

...And the game ends with 2-2 all and an absolutely amazing game having been played!

Snow Turnips:2 Penguinia Patriots:2
    2 people like this post: Commander_Zemas, Aethelia
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:13:33 PM by North »
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Uncertain if the mention means that action is expected or required? I will be paying attention to this topic, I saw the match results before the first post was even updated to include the 3rd and 4th games.

I guess I could comment though since you mentioned me: Whatever program you found is kinda weird, something I expected from when you first said that you found a single program that does multiple sports. Looks like that explains the text output and the fact that only one input is used for team skill. I would guess that the only difference between the sports you can select would be how the NPC announcer describes how the points are scored and how many points are scored. There isn't even a mention of passing, or penalties, or a kick-off. Just goal attempts. Just look at game 3: "And now, a word from our sponsor..... ....And it is half time!". With no goals randomly generated in the first half of the game, it didn't come up with anything in between. It's like lazy programming to make it completely interchangeable with American Football, just change the goals to touchdowns and field goals, and make the points go up by 3 and 7 instead of by 1, and it's all the same. Or even simpler, do it for Hockey and the scoring works the same but nobody is ridiculously shouting "GOAL". Don't even have the change the mechanics because team skill is as simple as possible; it's not divided into individual player skill, and doesn't allow teams to be better at offense or defense than the other. I would guess that whoever made this program is more interested in being a sports announcer than in the actual sports, the primary focus seems to be in the writing, not the programming.
    Maybe later you could say what program you're using exactly, I'd like to analyze it. Maybe even find flaws. Back in the Hogwarts region, I found a flaw in a Quidditch program we used since I thought the results were strange, so obvious that I didn't even need to look at the code, so I'm tempted to try to reverse engineer how this program works too.

Edit: ".... and their off!". "...payed off" Okay, maybe they weren't entirely focused on the writing...
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:18:44 PM by Aethelia »
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Uncertain if the mention means that action is expected or required? I will be paying attention to this topic, I saw the match results before the first post was even updated to include the 3rd and 4th games.

I guess I could comment though since you mentioned me: Whatever program you found is kinda weird, something I expected from when you first said that you found a single program that does multiple sports. Looks like that explains the text output and the fact that only one input is used for team skill. I would guess that the only difference between the sports you can select would be how the NPC announcer describes how the points are scored and how many points are scored. There isn't even a mention of passing, or penalties, or a kick-off. Just goal attempts. Just look at game 3: "And now, a word from our sponsor..... ....And it is half time!". With no goals randomly generated in the first half of the game, it didn't come up with anything in between. It's like lazy programming to make it completely interchangeable with American Football, just change the goals to touchdowns and field goals, and make the points go up by 3 and 7 instead of by 1, and it's all the same. Or even simpler, do it for Hockey and the scoring works the same but nobody is ridiculously shouting "GOAL". Don't even have the change the mechanics because team skill is as simple as possible; it's not divided into individual player skill, and doesn't allow teams to be better at offense or defense than the other. I would guess that whoever made this program is more interested in being a sports announcer than in the actual sports, the primary focus seems to be in the writing, not the programming.
    Maybe later you could say what program you're using exactly, I'd like to analyze it. Maybe even find flaws. Back in the Hogwarts region, I found a flaw in a Quidditch program we used since I thought the results were strange, so obvious that I didn't even need to look at the code, so I'm tempted to try to reverse engineer how this program works too.

Edit: ".... and their off!". "...payed off" Okay, maybe they weren't entirely focused on the writing...

It was just a 'hey, heads up, this is going on".

I use this: http://www.thirdgeek.com/ns/xkoranate/

All the writing and flavor text, that all me. This is what a 'match' on the program looks like.

Test Match 1
    Test Team 1 0–1 Test Team 2

But since just copy pasting the results on the program would be about as exciting as watching paint dry, I write some stories so that the match feels more interesting. I went with a 'sports caster commentating on match' because that's what I relate to when I watch football. Am I the best writer in the world? Good god, no, I'm a hack and I realize this but I am doing the best I can.

And while I would love to include all the less exciting parts of football, passing, injuries, free kicks, goal kicks, corner kicks and all that writing an entire essay for a full 90 minute match for what will be a minimum of 18 games is wayyyyy to much for me to handle.

Was I going for a totally realistic, analytical and tactical RP? No, this was always supposed to be a more causal, laid back experience for everyone, a passive experience.
    2 people like this post: Aethelia, Elbbsas
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Ah, didn't realize that. I thought you were taking that as output directly from the program you were using.
    ...That program output is really boring looking. The necessity of adding the flavor text is very obvious now. Also the lack of anything other than shooting, that's a lot more effort than I knew you needed to put into this if you're doing all of that manually rather than just putting team names and two numbers into a program, I would only expect more text if it were being auto-generated, I don't expect and don't intend to request that you describe it all in that detail for every game by hand.
    Thank you for the explanation, I hadn't thought of the alternative that the program was mostly irrelevant and that most of it was you, this makes more sense now, it did still seem weird as program output.
    Also this is a lot of writing you've chosen to do manually, still so many games left and only so many ways to describe scoring a goal. Should be interesting, I will continue to read it all, just not with the intent of using pattern recognition to reverse engineer a program like it's a fun puzzle to be solved.
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:14:35 PM by Aethelia »
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Glad I could clear up that misunderstanding.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Since this isn't a traditional roleplay, would you prefer I move this thread to the Wonderful World of Wintreath (as this could be a casual RP), the RP Guild (as that's where your Darkest Dungeon story was, which this seems similar to), or the Amalyan Quarter (as this is also similar to HannahB's Choose Your Own Workplace Adventure)?

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Honestly, I'm not sure. Darkest Dungeon was always going to be one story and I never even finished that. I'm hoping the Winteath Games could become a series. If it must be moved I suppose the RP Guild is the way to go.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • 2-2...so nobody won? :( :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • 2-2 is a draw.
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • THE SECOND ROUND

Division 1, Round 2

Mathian Destroyers VS New Konstantinopolis Komodos

The Match
    Welcome, everyone, to the Second Round! After such an exciting first round we are on track for a great game today! I'm your commentator for today, Rolph Ucdupt, here at the Malediction Stadium in New Ravensbridge! On the home side today the Math Mafia, the Mathian Destroyers! Right now, after the victory they enjoyed over the Southern Imperials, they are in the lead to advance to the next round. And up against them we have the New Konstantinopolis Komodos! We approached their coach for a statement and he said, and I quote, 'get out of my face before I give you new shoes'. Uhh, well, friendly guy....

...but nevermind that, the teams are forming up now! If the Mathians can achieve victory today they will assure their spot in the Semi-Finals! Lotta pressure on them today, especially with the number of fans on both sides here today! And the first whistle blows signalling the start of the game! The Komodos start first and are adopting a more cautious advance, methodical passing, the defenders are having trouble with this slow but steady advance and a pass to, wait, interception by the Mathians, great reading of the pass there!...

....and the Komodos goalkeeper keeps it out but gives the Mathians a corner kick! The Mathians are advancing to try and score here, with the Komodos having dominated possession so far this is the Mathians first chance to score. The Mathian Manager is giving instructions to his team, they've formed up with a grim look on their faces, ready to score. The Komodos are also gathered around the goal, the goalkeeper shouting orders to his team. The ref blows his whistle and the ball is passed...the Striker jumps, gets his head on the ball and SCORES! The Mathians have scored!....

...and the Komodos just do not give up with their careful approach, and now they seem to be in a dangerous position for the Mathians, the defenders are all over the place but cant seem to stop this attack, and the attacking midfielder breaks past his marker, its clear to the goal! He passes it to the striker, its on side, that was close! The striker shoots and the Goalkeeper keeps it out but its still in play! The midfielder slides if and its in! The Komodos have scored! It's the equalizer and they are still in the game!..

...after that exciting first half, I know I was on the edge of my seat the entire match, the Mathians are hoping to either snatch victory or at least get a draw but the Komodos must take home a victory to have a shot at advancing. So far the score is 1-1 all with the Komodos dominating possession but having trouble turning possession into goals. The Mathians are putting up a very determined defense now but seem to be lacking in the attack, with only 2 shots on goal. Can the dead lock be broken?...

...and again, the Komodos advance yet again! He's in the box and OHHH! He's down from a tackle by a Mathian defender! Poorly timed challenge there! The ref is coming up and its a yellow card but the ref has also awarded a penalty! The Mathians are arguing but the ref is having none of it! This could be the Komodos chance to get ahead if they can sink this penalty. It's one on one, striker verses goalkeeper, who will get the glory?...he shots and its IN! Goal for the Komodos and at such a late stage to! Can the Mathians recover from this?

....and the final whistle blows, signalling the end of the match at 1-2 for the Komodos! What an exciting game! Round 3 is certainly going to be interesting!

Mathian Destroyers:1 New Konstantinopolis Komodos:2

Division 2, Round 2

North Gralend Gold Hawks VS Intelligeneria Intellectuals

The Match
    With a roar from the crowd as both teams take to the pitch, welcome to Okamura Stadium in Sunset Valley, I'm your commentator , Peter Tucker! Today's match looks to be promising as the North Gralend Gold Hawks face off against the Intelligeneria Intellectuals! Both teams are hoping for the victory, the Gold Hawks want to secure their place in the Semi-Finals while the Intellectuals hope that a victory today will help them secure their place instead! Who will win? Only one way to find out!

...And Max Power passes to Sanara, amazing pass, the defenders are nowhere to be seen! Sanara races down the right, lobs it to Liam Matthews who heads it into goal! Right past the outstretched fingers of the Gold Hawk goalkeeper! Amazing teamwork but no one seems more surprised than the Intellectuals! Fans cheering 'IntFooties, IntFooties!' over and over again! Liam Matthews has disappeared under his teammates as they celebrate the goal! Can the Intellectuals keep it up?....

..I asked earlier if the Intellectuals can keep up their performance and it seems they can. A free kick at 28 meters after a poorly timed slide tackle by Gold Hawk defender Paul Danger. Can the Intellectuals turn this into a goal? Sam Sanara readies up, he goes for the kick, it sails over the Northern players and into the hands of the Gold Hawk goalkeeper! Close catch to!...

...and Matthews keeps possession after that goal kick and advances down the middle, he's got 2 markers on either side of him and still he advances! He shoots from outside the box and its a Goal! Goal for the Intellectuals by Liam Matthews as the crowd goes wild again!...

...but dont count the North out yet, despite the current score, possession has slightly favored the North and now they seem more determined to attack. Here comes Northern striker Harvey Nelson down the left wing, shooting past the defenders, long pass over to Tom O'Malley, O'Malley in the box, and a short pass back to Nelson, amazing feint, Nelson shoots and its past the Goalkeeper, bounces off the crossbar and in for a Goal! With the score at 1-2 its half time...

....Both teams coming out with renewed vigor and zeal, the North hoping for one or two more goals, at least a draw, the Intellectuals taking that last Northern Goal as a wake up call, no room for complacency yet, and play continues!...

....it has been a very tumultuous second half, the North managed to claw another goal back to even things off at 2-2, both sides at the tip of their game, very tactical play but with 5 minutes left it looks to be all over. The Intellectuals are advancing down the left wing now, Ralph Fire passes it to Sam Sanara, the North putting up a defensive wall, markers on all players, Sanara kicks it back to Fire, Fire loses his marker passes to Sam Sanara again, finds his man, Sanara is in the box, can he score? He looks around, he's alone, he shoots and it goes into the hands of Northern goalkeeper Jackson Spurs. What a leap to catch that shot but catch it he did, the crowd cheering as the final whistle is blown! What a nail-biting finale with the score at 2-2 all!

North Gralend Gold Hawks:2 Intelligeneria Intellectuals:2
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:36:38 AM by North »
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation
    I remembered we had a Wintreath Games on the RMB and it appears I have found my team roster

Acarian Wintreath Games Roster

It is a bit unorganised however.
    Commander_Zemas
    Arenado
  • Citizen
  • Some Random Guy
  • Thanks, Ill try to include that in the next Imperial Eagles match!
    Arenado
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      Any/All or They/Them
      Familial House
      Eske
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: [1] 2 3