Pages: [1]

Response to the Statement of the Underhusen on Events in Lazarus

Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Honorable Skrifa and Citizens,

Earlier this week I spent a few hours drafting a response to the Statement of the Underhusen on Events in Lazarus, extolling the virtues of neutrality and long-standing principles and policies of the region, but when it came time to post it, I just couldn't do it. It didn't feel right. For the record, I strongly believe in neutrality in this and other game-created region conflicts where we don't have a treaty obliging us to recognize a government, but the realities of this situation make that more than a little complicated to actually do.

The actions of the group of people who now make up the leadership of the "Undead Dominion of Lazarus" are abhorrent and an affront to everything this region stands for. It represents the worst of a toxic gameplayer culture that puts power and winning above all else, beyond even the truth or right and wrong. I can't in good conscience support a person or government that would so casually and wrongly slander and demean people for its own power, and I wouldn't be human if I could do so when I and other Wintrean Citizens are targets of that slander.

As I said, I believe in neutrality even here, and I'm open in principle to basic relations with both sides for the duration of this conflict. However, the reality of the matter is that on the side of the "Undead Dominion of Lazarus", wrongs would have to be righted in order to even pursue those basic relations...prior to any such relations, they will withdraw the slanderous charges, claims, and related actions against Wintrean Citizens, publicly admit wrongdoing and apologize for having made them to begin with, and provide any reassurances the Monarchy feels are necessary to ensure these actions will never happen again.

And just to be clear, I don't actually expect them to do that, but that's the only way I would ever be alright with pursuing relations with this group of people after what they have done to gain power for themselves to begin with. In the meantime, I will soon issue several persona non grata declarations and modify the appropriate decrees to enable this policy.

On the other hand, Wintreath will not provide military or material support to either side in this matter. I strongly believe that if a GCR wants to include our protection as part of their defenses, they may negotiate a treaty with us to that effect...as it is, there is no such treaty, and we haven't even been asked for support by anyone. No matter what any one side has done, it would be inappropriate to insert ourselves into a conflict that doesn't directly involve this region (even if it does involve some members personally) without the consent of a party through a treaty, and at the end of the day it simply isn't our place to do so.

I appreciate the Underhusen making its opinion known in this matter, and I hope that the Underhusen will find this a satisfactory response that balances the actions of the parties involved in this conflict, the members of this region who have been aggrieved by those actions, and our own long-standing principles as a region. I look forward to addressing the Underhusen in any other issues they wish to consider in the future.

-Wintermoot
    5 people like this post: Michi, taulover, Gerrick, Sapphiron, Aethelia

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • As we do not have active relations with any faction involved in Lazarus pursuant to this policy, I am closing our in-game embassy with Lazarus.
    2 people like this post: Michi, taulover

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Potato Archbishop and Official Grammar Police
  • As we do not have active relations with any faction involved in Lazarus pursuant to this policy, I am closing our in-game embassy with Lazarus.
    Although, the resistance is 61 endorsements away from surpassing Funkadelia and that gap is closing at a good rate, so I think we should re-open our embassy when their government is restored.
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Co-WA Delegate: June 13, 2016-present
    Hufflepuff student: April 9, 2016-present
    House points earned: 7 (Also, 40 points were a group effort, so I earned part of that as well)
    Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Citizen: September 6, 2016-present

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 23rd Underhusen - secretary
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other: