• Awesome
    See you later space cowboy.
    Old Signature

Current Positions in Wintreath
    Matriarch of House Kaizer
    Speaker of the 29th Underhusen
    Advisor to the Riksråd
    Positions I've held
    Riksrad(1st Jarl of Information, 3rd Jarl of Foreign Affairs, 2nd Jarl of Defense)
    Member of the WHR
    Speaker of the Underhusen (3rd)
    Speaker Pro Tempore of the Underhusen (1st)
    Underhusen Member (1st-3rd)
    Member of the 5th Overhusen
    Chairman of the 5th Overhusen
    6th Underhusen
    Speaker of the 6th Underhusen
    Mandate Holder for Jarl of Defense
    Member of the 8th Storting (Underhusen)
    Royalty of Wintreath
    Ambassador for the Department of Foreign Affairs.
    Underhusen Terms I've been a part of
    1st Underhusen
    2nd Underhusen
    3rd Underhusen
    6th Underhusen
    8th Underhusen
    Overhusen Terms I've been a part of
    5th Overhusen
    Families I've been a part of
    Kaizer - Matriarch (REFORMED)
    Kestar - Child of Wintermoot (REMOVED)
    Chanku
    Wintermoot
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • In that case, celebrations are in order! :)

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to this!
    Operation: Reboot
    Timothia
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • The Renegade - March/April 2014

Sorry for the late update! March was a busy month for the Renegade Islands!

Great House Report

The Great House have held their internal elections. 4 senators will be representing the Great Houses for the next 3 month term. The houses have also met to produce more activities for the region and each house has seen a general increase in activity.

House Hamster has elected Scepez as its representative in the Senate. Captain Gutt, leader of House Hamster, has been name the Chairman of the Commerce Committee. He is working to develop a full-blown economic system for the RIA.

The Hamsters have not experienced much in terms of house population growth, but the internal activities as well as hosted activities within the region have been increasing.

Saint Kitten, founding member and king of House Kittens, has left NationStates. His departure has left a hole in Kittens leadership, which appears to have been filled by Acronius after an internal house Prime Minister election.

In other news, Senator Oxihydronia has gone inactive, vacating her senate seat. The Kittens have agreed to select Aetaris to replace Oxi for the remainder of the term.

"The Literary Art Thread" has become the hot spot for House Kittens. Everybody is welcome to post writing, quotes, or pictures to share with members of the house.

House of the Sauropods has been working hard to provide an environment of learning and education. There are a number of projects currently underway, and more planned for the near future. Things to keep an eye out for include:

- The revamp of the Library of Treason and Plot
    - Alliance Tutoring, your real life studying service. Comes with its own chat room for real time homework assistance.
    - The Lecture Hall, an up and coming project designed to provide access to great quality lectures from different areas of life.
    - Becoming More Than A Spammer. Written by our very own Timothia, this will give new members an idea of how to get involved in the region
    - The Creative Corner, a space for members to post poetry, stories, and other brilliant mind-creations.

Aside from that, the Sauropodians are hard at work learning about archery, making friends in Lichto's Lounge, and loving dinosaurs. Come and sit around the campfire with us sometime.

The Senate Report

The Second Senate of the RIA took office on March 15th, and immediately got to work. After proposing and discussing several bills they realized that the senate needed rules and organization, which has become the current focus of the legislative body. This senate term has been a busy one so far!

Senate Operations Act - The Senate Operations Act is designed to lay down the foundation for the senate's ability to govern itself in the future. Rather than push all internal rule changes through an internal vote, as well as a Grand Council vote, this act will only require the approval of the founder. The hope is that rule changes can be made more efficiently. The act was passed, with 3 votes in favor and 1 senator not voting. The act is currently being considered by the Grand Council.

Regional Holidays Act - This act seeks to legislate the observance of significant regional events, such as the anniversary of the region's creation or the advent of the Great House system. This proposal was later complemented by the introduction of the Holiday Operations Act, which explains the meanings of different types of holidays and how they might be observed.

Monetary Actions - Discussions started regarding the construction of the regional economy and how to best utilize our forum's money systems. Discussions were brief, however, and the senate has decided to wait until Captian Gutt introduces his design for the region's economy.

RIASF Update

RIASF sailors are staying busy, and our numbers continue to increase. Shizensky has been awarded the 50 Successful Missions ribbon, Tangaroan Islands has been awarded his 40 Missions ribbon, and the 10 Missions ribbon has been awarded to Scepez and Acronius. The increased activity has also led to promotions. The old GrottoBay, Kzaria, Acronius, and Scepez have all been promoted from Trainee to Sailor. Additionally, Tangaroan Islands has been submitted for consideration for promotion from Midhsipman to Commander, the second highest command rank in the RIASF.

Join us for our 10th Anniversary!

10 years ago, the Renegade Islands Alliance was originally founded as the Rogue Islands Alliance. While we may have changed names and government styles, several members of the first region became the founding members of the Renegade Islands. In order to celebrate our history we have decided to hold our 10 anniversary celebrations to coincide with the creation of our first home, the Rogue Islands Alliance.

The celebrations will include games, awards, prizes, and lots of spam! We will be hosting a Mafia/Werewolves game which will include real prizes, such as Bioshock Infinite! We're really looking forward to this and we'll be inviting all of our friends from across NationStates to join us! We'll make sure to post another announcement when we have a date set!

Population Report

The RIA continues to grow. Our population has passed 310, with few signs of slowing down. At our last count, 95 of these nations are members of the World Assembly and 60 of them are endorsing our delegate. These numbers do not count deployed RIASF sailors. The population increase has also translated quite nicely into activity; our daily average of logged in forum users is consistently above 30, and conversations are always carrying on in the NationStates RMB.

Our mentors and welcoming committees deserve a huge round of applause for all of the work they've been doing. They have put a lot of effort towards keeping new members engaged, which has immensely contributed to our increased activity. Thank you!

Thanks for reading! I know you guys get these reports all of the time, but we appreciate you taking the time to read it!
    Timothia
    Drexyl Nox
  • Citizen
  • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
  • He he, Plot
    Drexyl Nox
    • Official Unofficial Wintreath Mascot
    • Axolotl Friend
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • I read everything posted in the embassies here...I think it's important that the regions we associate with know the value we place on their embassies on the forums. :)

I'm particularly intrigued by the homework/studying service. We have a lot of school-age Citizens, and homework seems to come up quite a bit. I had thought about trying to start something similar in Wintreath, though I'm not sure what interest there is in the region for it. Out of curiosity, what made the House of the Sauropods decide to pursue this project?

I will personally ensure that there's a Wintreath delegation to congratulate RIA on it's ten years as a community (if not a region) during the festival when it happens...wow, what an accomplishment! We'll only be celebrating our six-month milestone in a few days. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • I'll be around for your 6 month milestone, that's pretty impressive, especially when you consider how large your region is already. I wish I knew how to do that: go from unfounded to 15th largest in half a year. Congrats!

So far we haven't had many people utilize the tutoring project - I don't think we have had any, actually. For some reason no one has wanted help. But I really like the idea behind it. To answer your question, the House of Sauropods has a thread called "Which Paths Shall We Tread?" in which we brainstorm and toss out ideas that we could use to help the house and region. Tierra de Madre - one of the founding members - actually mentioned it, and she spearheaded it forward. I always liked brainstorming threads, personally, and I particularly like our "Which Paths Shall We Tread?" one.

I appreciate you reading these updates. I know you get plenty of them and I'm honored that you take the time to read them.
    Timothia
    Emoticonius
  • Former Citizen
  • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
  • Dang it Tim you ninja'd me on Wintreath. :P
    “I support anyone’s right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?” - Dave Chappelle
    7:42 PM <Govindia> eh, i like the taste of nuts in my mouth

Potential clients should PM or Query Emoticonius
    Emoticonius
    • Supreme Grand Admiral of The Emoticonian Army
    • Crasher Endorsed, Native Approved
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Kaizer
      Representing
      Wintreath Nation
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • Dang it Tim you ninja'd me on Wintreath. :P
    You know me ;)
    Timothia
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • In the RIA, there always seems to be a game of Werewolves going on!

Other people call it Mafia, and there have been thousands of variations, but I honestly believe that no one does it better than the RIA. If anyone in Wintreath is interested in joining one of our games, you are more than welcome to do so. I would be greatly honored if you would, in fact. If you want to check out what exactly we do, then check out some of our past games. If you want to join, check out which games are currently running or will be starting sign-ups soon.

If you have any questions: well, I'm here, right?

Currently Running Sign-ups or Games

6 : Spies in the Renegade Islands Alliance
    Hosted By: Shizensky

Past Games

1 : Metro Village Massacre
    Hosted By: Pengu
    Participants: 7
    Winners: Wolves (Benevolent Thomas and Campinia)
    Raffle Prize Winner: Grand Prize - Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 : Campinia, Runner-up - World of Goo : Sauron

2 : Vault 48
    Hosted By: Shizensky
    Participants: 9
    Winners: Vault Residents (Good guys)
    Raffle Prize : Winner:Grand Prize - Fallout: New Vegas : Controlitia

3 : Ducktales
    Hosted By: Tangaroan Islands
    Participants: 8
    Winners: Ducklings (Good guys)

4 : Citadel of Evil
    Hosted By: Captain Gutt
    Participants: 11
    Winners: The Couple (Ater Nox and Tierra)

5 : Arch Enemies
    Hosted By: Tierra de Madre
    Participants: 20
    Winners: Villagers (surviving: Sauron and Campinia)

Pending games

7: (Reserved)
    Hosted By: 9003

8 : Harry Potter and the Werewolf of Renegade Islands.
    Hosted By: Pengu
    Timothia
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for the invitation! I also got your PM about this, but haven't had a chance to look at the game or respond because I'm at work. :P

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • It's going to be my first game, but I watched the last two games and I absolutely HAVE to get into this one. If it's going to be my first time, I'll have a couple newbies with me so I don't look so bad :P
    Timothia
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • Sorry for the double post,  I just want to let you all know that the game is set to start on the 13th. I suggest that you get signed up before the 12th. There's no rush, of course. It is worth mentioning that 4 free games have been given away on Steam to the winners of past games.
    Timothia
    Wintermoot
  • Thanks for letting us know! I'll try to look at it more closely before then. :)

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Timothia
  • Village Drifter
  • Delegate of the RIA
  • Sign-ups are technically closed, but sign up within the next 3 hours and I might be able to get you in.
    Timothia

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 7