Topic: Werewolf XII: The Island Massacre  (Read 1688 times)

Coco Bandicoot
  • Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
  • "Hooray! People are paying attention to me!"
  • Underhusen
  • Familial House
        The Noble House of Penguon
  • Wintreath Nation
        Penguin Dictators
Post #102805
August 12, 2017, 03:15:24 AM

Only 4 out of 9 votes?  That's pretty depressing.

Well, in any case, here we are.  3/4s of you voted Fayt, so that looks to be the majority...although a sad majority it is.

Regardless, while the assumption of Fayt being the Village Fool is incorrect, they were in fact a regular run-of-the-mill villager.

Alright, it's night phase, and you all know the drill.  I only hope that next day draws more activity than this one did.  Send me your choice for the night werewolf, and we'll proceed with the next day phase on 8/12 at 8:30PM or earlier, if the choice is sent in earlier.

This message was brought to you by the ending phase's silent majority:
@Wintermoot
@Gerrick
@xXTheHydraXx
@DekuNut
I got gangbanged while I wasn't looking.
  • Coco Bandicoot
    • Underhusen
    • Familial House
    • Wintreath Nation
          Penguin Dictators
    Post #102858
    August 12, 2017, 10:08:02 PM

It was as if the diamond wolf was speaking to him, telling him of the islandís
    ancient secrets. One of the most damning being that the elders of the village wielded
    magicks that allowed them to raise the razor-sharp reefs around the island in an effort
    to deter any outsiders from spoiling their sacred lands.  But the diamond wolf also spoke of
    how the villagers themselves were once but travelers from a far away land known as
    England.  They had fled their home and made it to the island shores,
    where they slaughtered the natives who had once lived there, and removed all traces
    of their existence.  The elders had then happened upon a unique, but dimly
    lit grove, where they were granted the magic in exchange for a child born
    from the village...who would be spirited away from the Island.  That child was Kuni.

Wake up everyone, there's been another murder!  This time, it was poor sweet Mathyland, another humble villager.

You're down to 7 people, now.  Well, here's hoping something happens this round, lord knows you guys need some help.

So let's get this day phase started!  We'll end it on August 14th at 3:15 PM PST.

Today's clue is: This person has created an AMA thread.
  • Gerrick
    • Jarl of Culture
    • Gerrick Kingsblood of House Redbeard, King of the Wildlings
    • Wintreath Nation
          Geramundo
    Post #102861
    August 12, 2017, 11:42:13 PM

It seems that everyone except for Hydra has created an AMA, so (if I'm correct) that means he at least isn't the Grand Wolf, though he may still be a regular Werewolf.

Currently, the only person I'm not suspicious of is Wintermoot as he started the lynching of Aragonn. North hasn't really been pressuring votes and he helped take down Aragonn, so I'm less suspicious of him as well.

Hydra and DekuNut have been very silent, which is a common strategy for Werewolves, however I'm more suspicious of La Hareng Rouge and Barnes. They both voted with Aragonn on Day 2 to save him, and Hareng voted to save Aragonn again the next Day phase.

Vote: La Hareng Rouge
  • North
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Underhusen
    • Wintreath Nation
          North Gralend
    Post #102880
    August 13, 2017, 08:23:23 AM

Well, with nothing better to do, I also vote for La Hareng Rouge.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
  • Wintermoot
    • Like Love At First Sight <3
    • Monarch
    • Wintreath Nation
          Wintermoot
    Post #102906
    August 13, 2017, 07:29:50 PM

Voting Barnes cause he voted early too on day one and was one of the few people who didn't join the Aragonn gangbang, which in this region is just inexcusable by itself.

Inric Nordrim Kestar
    His Most Royal Majesty, Wintermoot I of Wintreath
    Monarch of the Frozen Realm of Wintreath

Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
    Eternal Count of the Frozen Night
  • Barnes
    • Jarl of Taxation
    • "A Lannister always pays his taxes."
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
          Lannister
    • Wintreath Nation
          Clifta
    Post #102960
    August 13, 2017, 11:25:40 PM

I, too, vote for La Hareng Rouge.
    Khal Drogo with Daenerys Targaryen, 2011.
  • La Hareng Rouge
    Post #102970
    August 14, 2017, 01:19:36 AM

@Gerrick: Pardon me, sir, but I didn't even vote in the 3rd day phase.

If you correctly recall, I didn't vote Day 1 because I didn't know the day started.  Day 2, yes, I voted for BraveSirRobin on a guess, which I was not even sure about and admitted so.

Day 3, I attempted to dispel an assumption made by Mathyland that Aragonn was the Grand Wolf (which, surprise, he wasn't).  But I did not actually vote, if you noticed by the fact that I was pinged before the phase ended, and there were no votes between that and the phase end.  If I had logged in after seeing Aragonn practically exclaim defeat on his discovery, I would have obviously voted for him.

Either you missed that bit unintentionally, or it was on purpose to hide the fact that you're the other werewolf (and since nobody has suspected you, it'd be a good twist).

And of course, Day 4 was me countering the logic that the quiet player must have been the Village Fool as opposed to the one who with every post was practically screaming guilt.  Naturally it was a gamble, and though it was heavily unfortunate to lose another villager, it at the very least proved that the quiet person was clearly not the village fool (although I was voting with the hopes that their silence was hiding that they were the werewolf).

For the time being though, since apparently bandwagons exist, I'll at least vote for Barnes since I do agree that his actions have been equally suspicious.  While I'm suspicious that you may be the Grand Wolf (because again, it'd be the perfect bit since nobody suspects you yet), I'm not entirely convinced that Barnes is a good guy either.

Vote: Lynch Barnes
  • North
    • Some Random Guy
    • Comfortably Numb
    • Underhusen
    • Wintreath Nation
          North Gralend
    Post #102975
    August 14, 2017, 01:42:40 AM

Hmmm..... I have been swayed. I will vote for Barnes now.
    I Hope You Have A Nice Day :]
  • Gerrick
    • Jarl of Culture
    • Wintreath Nation
          Geramundo
    Post #102988
    August 14, 2017, 02:57:20 AM

Day 3, I attempted to dispel an assumption made by Mathyland that Aragonn was the Grand Wolf (which, surprise, he wasn't).  But I did not actually vote, if you noticed by the fact that I was pinged before the phase ended, and there were no votes between that and the phase end.  If I had logged in after seeing Aragonn practically exclaim defeat on his discovery, I would have obviously voted for him.
    Ah, my mistake. I must have thought that you did when you just gave an argument that favored him. Still suspicious though.
  • Barnes
    • Jarl of Taxation
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
          Lannister
    • Wintreath Nation
          Clifta
    Post #102989
    August 14, 2017, 03:00:11 AM

I've been busy because I'm out of state attending family affairs. I've had little time to post as a result. The evidence against Aragonn was insurmountable, and I would've voted for him as a result had I been active.

My vote for day 1 was a guess as good as any, since we had nothing to go off of, regardless of how early it may have seemed.
  • Coco Bandicoot
    • Underhusen
    • Familial House
    • Wintreath Nation
          Penguin Dictators
    Post #103037
    August 14, 2017, 10:32:17 PM

Alright, this was a tough round it seemed.

I counted 5 out of 7 voters: Barnes, North, Gerrick, La Hareng Rouge, and Wintermoot, with shoutouts to @xXTheHydra and @DekuNut for their silence in this round.

it started off interestingly and pretty mixed, almost seeming like a 3-2 vote against La Hareng Rouge.  However, that seems to reversed by a single vote.

And wow! What a switch that was.  Because by voting off Barnes, you voted off the other Werewolf!

So now the game should be super easy without anyone being killed off, right?!

We should totally be able to just go day-by-day-by-day and vote people off, right?!

Well, that would make the game boring.

Alas, there was one secret little thing that was never mentioned to anyone except for the Grand Wolf.

The story revealing it hasn't been introduced yet, but the Werewolves have an interesting backstory with the Grand Wolf...interesting in that they were created by the Grand Wolf themselves.  This creation was not by choice of the Grand Wolf, but by the will of the Diamond Idol itself.  It also decreed (as another story segment would reveal) that if those wolves were ever to perish, it would create an even more powerful werewolf to give a final push to the Grand Wolf to succeed.  This wolf would be come to known as the Last Werewolf, and would be born from the Grand Wolf's own turned kin.

Game wise, it's as frightening as it sounds.  The Last Werewolf can be found out, but takes two days to kill completely (so they would have to be lynched twice).  And starting right from their activation, they can kill a person each night.  If you're wondering: the Village Fool's death will not increase his kill count.

So congrats on killing off the two werewolves, because now you have a more powerful one to deal with.

This night phase will begin now, and will end on August 15th at 3:30PM PST.
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:34:55 PM by Coco Bandicoot »
  • Barnes
    • Jarl of Taxation
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
          Lannister
    • Wintreath Nation
          Clifta
    Post #103038
    August 14, 2017, 10:44:38 PM

in memoriam
    An especial fuck-you to @North for his wishy-washy voting pattern that killed me. :P (don't worry, I'm not taking it personally XD)

Also, the real reason I didn't vote against Aragonn:
    I think voting for me this late makes you suspicious. Just remain inactive for this day period. They'll probably assume you were busy or something.
  • Wintermoot
    • Like Love At First Sight <3
    • Monarch
    • Wintreath Nation
          Wintermoot
    Post #103040
    August 14, 2017, 10:56:59 PM

Yeah, following the advice of the first werewolf to get voted off was probably your first mistake. xD
    3 people like this post: Barnes, Gerrick, Aethelia

Inric Nordrim Kestar
    His Most Royal Majesty, Wintermoot I of Wintreath
    Monarch of the Frozen Realm of Wintreath

Beware he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
    Eternal Count of the Frozen Night
  • Gerrick
    • Jarl of Culture
    • Wintreath Nation
          Geramundo
    Post #103041
    August 14, 2017, 11:07:52 PM

Huh, good and bad news. Didn't think there'd be another werewolf after we killed them.
  • Coco Bandicoot
    • Underhusen
    • Familial House
    • Wintreath Nation
          Penguin Dictators
    Post #103043
    August 14, 2017, 11:12:17 PM

If it makes you feel better, as the name implies it would be the last werewolf, aside from the Grand Wolf of course.  So if they're successfully killed off, you'd have free reign to kill each other off in peace while you figure out who the actual big bad is.