Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10

Werewolf XII: The Island Massacre

Michi
  • Regional Stability Squad
  • Level 167 Caticorn God of Destruction
    Kuni was reeling from the revelation given to him by the diamond wolf.
    It was now obvious why he was drawn to the island, and why he had to up and
    leave the village.  He could feel a fire burning inside, his fury building up
    left and right.  His body had grown fur, and he began to grow to a
    colossal size.  But that wasn’t the end.  Even after the transformation, something equally
    ominous was building inside of him.  His body ached in pain as the thing inside
    continued to grow, until it burst out of him: a human sized werewolf, and then another.
    Only moments later did he regain himself and see: he had somehow spawned smaller wolves.

Wake up everyone! It seems the Last Werewolf has made their move.  North, a humble villager was found dead, hanging from a palm tree.

That means we're down to 5 players.  But before you start fretting, don't worry.  While the last Werewolf is indeed a bad guy that's out to kill you, Since he started out good, his count doesn't go against the remaining total.  He's a special case that way.

So while you do want to get him out of the way, as long as the total remaining players doesn't equal 3, then you'll be fine.

Either way, this next round will be the most crucial.  Will you unmask the identity of the Grand Wolf?  Will you figure out the Last Werewolf? Or will you fall victim to the trap of uncertainty and become the latest meal?

While we see where this will lead, here's your next clue: This person has posted in a topic that resides in the LGBT forum.

And since I'm feeling generous, here's another clue:  This person did not vote in the first day phase.

So you get a two-fer, on me.

So let's get the talking, and see if you can figure out who the bad guys are in this phase.  If not, it might end up being our last round.

This phase will end on 8/17 at 3:40 PM PST.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Wintreath's Official Video Game Enthusiast
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • The Greyscale Magi-Monk
  • Somebody should probably start this thing off. :P

I went all the way to Cassadega to commune with the dead
    They said "You'd better look alive"
    Wintermoot
    • Weather: ❄️
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • No votes? None?  Zero?  Zip? Nada?

Well, I suppose that's to be expected when another thread overshadows a currently running game, so it makes people forget that it was even still currently running.

That doesn't, however, make deadlines magically go away or get extended (though it is a day late), so unfortunately someone has to die this phase...as per how this game goes.

Sadly, you guys get to lose DekuNut, a Villager this phase.

And since you're down to 4, we'll leave it up to our Last Werewolf to decide whether or not to kill someone this night and actually end the game.

This night will end when the Last Werewolf has made their choice.

Or it'll end on the 19th at 2:30PM.  Whichever comes first.
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:55:32 PM by Coco Bandicoot »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Alright, and it looks like the Last Werewolf has chosen to attack Wintermoot, aka the Village Fool.

And with that, the number of living good guys (2) now equals that of the living bad guys (2).  And here's the living roles and who they were played by:

Villager: xXTheHydra, played by xXTheHydra
    The Last Werewolf: Gerrick, played by Gerrick
    Decoy: La Hareng Rouge--

"But wait!" I hear you rudely interrupt, "there's only 3 players left, so who was the Grand Wolf?"

Well...surprise!

The Grand Wolf: Coco Bandicoot, played by Coco Bandicoot

If you had killed the decoy, aka La Hareng Rouge, you would have come across a game-changing clue:

This person has been mentioned in the stories.
    Notice: Have you viewed them on a laptop/computer?

So let's review the first story:

Centuries ago, there lived a happy people known as the
    Oratians.  They were a proud people that lived in huts and enjoyed a diet of
    coconuts and fish.  Every afternoon like clockwork, they would get out of bed, shedding their
    old skins (which they had to do daily), and would begin their daily activities around Ora
    Island...which included fishing, making clothes and jewelry, and teaching the young through
    sermons about the old gods that they believed watched over them.  On occasion,
    they would even partake in bonfires, where they would dance and sing and
    have a festival of sorts while the moon was out, normally when it was full moon.
    Even though life seemed peaceful, this was soon to end.
    Wolves were said to have somehow made it to the island, though they were never seen before.
    One night, however, a scream was heard in the distance, as villagers went to investigate.
    Lilli, the chief’s daughter and one of the village’s most prominent dancers, was
    found laying in a pool of her own blood, dead to the world.  The wolves had begun their attack.

Nothing implicating a specific person right out, right?  But if you take out the first letter on each line (keeping in mind that you're viewing it on a laptop/computer so you can see it in its native state), you get this:

COCOISTHEWOLF or "Coco is the Wolf"

2nd phase:
    The night had subsided, giving itself away to the approaching daytime.  The villagers
    hobbled out of their beds, eager to get the day started and find the beast and slay it.
    Everyone made their way to the village square, as the chief counted to make sure everyone was there.
    However, he would soon discover that the village was another body short, as the beast had struck
    once again, taking claim to another life.  The villagers had decided to split up and
    search the village for the missing person, only to find them sliced open and hung near the village’s
    Tiki hut...the prominent source of where they would drink themselves silly and sing songs of
    daring heroes that had once attempted to brave out of the island and into the world beyond.
    It was on this day, actually, though several years earlier that one such villager known as
    Dianten had left the island in search of adventure.  He had barely made it onto the ocean with his raft as
    It had caught itself onto one of the many razor reefs surrounding the exterior of the Island.  It was
    thought that the gods put them there to protect the Island...but where did the wolves come from, then?
    THEHOSTDIDIT or "The Host Did it"

3rd Phase:
    Very rarely had someone ever came to the island in search of anything, let alone survived the trip.
    One night, many years ago a traveler named Kuni had somehow arrived alive and well,
    though it was still a mystery even to him how he had avoided certain death against the reefs.
    Everyone was curious about the new arrival, embracing and welcoming him to the village.  The
    chief even at one point had decided to make him an honorary villager, though Kuni had longed to
    once again return home to his wife and daughter.  He had also longed for more to eat than the
    coconuts and fish that he had to endure.  Eventually, he decided to build a hut away from the village
    of Ora, and lived quietly until the villagers had all but forgotten that he was even there.
    VOTECOCO or "Vote Coco" (as Tau lovingly told me not to plug my campaign in my game)

4th Phase:
    Kuni was adjusting to his new life away from the village.  Yet, still he longed to be back with his love
    Uhani.  His longing began to turn to desperation, as he began tearing through the island with the
    hope that held a secret of sorts that would let him return to his beloved.  He indeed found a secret
    As he found his way into a mysterious cave that he wondered if any of the island’s
    inhabitants even knew about in the first place.  In the center of the large cavern stood a unique
    stone alter, with what looked to be a diamond wolf’s head sitting on the very
    center.  Kuni was no man of greed, but the unique wolf-shaped diamond caught his eye,
    or rather had him hypnotized as he laid his hands out to touch the rather
    curious item.  As his hands touched, however, something had began to stir within him.  He felt his
    Once human features beginning to shift into more beastly traits;  he was becoming a werewolf.

KUHAISCOCO or "Kuha is Coco"
    Which you're probably at this point wondering what that one means...in which case, I direct you to here, which essentially was a game-twist to reveal that La Hareng Rouge was in fact myself (that's right, I planted a decoy, which played the Decoy).

5th Phase:
    It was as if the diamond wolf was speaking to him, telling him of the island’s
    ancient secrets. One of the most damning being that the elders of the village wielded
    magicks that allowed them to raise the razor-sharp reefs around the island in an effort
    to deter any outsiders from spoiling their sacred lands.  But the diamond wolf also spoke of
    how the villagers themselves were once but travelers from a far away land known as
    England.  They had fled their home and made it to the island shores,
    where they slaughtered the natives who had once lived there, and removed all traces
    of their existence.  The elders had then happened upon a unique, but dimly
    lit grove, where they were granted the magic in exchange for a child born
    from the village...who would be spirited away from the Island.  That child was Kuni.
    IAMTHEWOLF "I am the Wolf"

6th Phase:
    Kuni was reeling from the revelation given to him by the diamond wolf.
    It was now obvious why he was drawn to the island, and why he had to up and
    leave the village.  He could feel a fire burning inside, his fury building up
    left and right.  His body had grown fur, and he began to grow to a
    colossal size.  But that wasn’t the end.  Even after the transformation, something equally
    ominous was building inside of him.  His body ached in pain as the thing inside
    continued to grow, until it burst out of him: a human sized werewolf, and then another.
    Only moments later did he regain himself and see: he had somehow spawned smaller wolves.
    KILLCOCO "Kill Coco"
    --------------------------
    That's right! For the first time in Werewolf history, the host ACTUALLY did it.  Well, in a sense since I never actually KILLED anyone at night.  But as per my role stated, I left hints to my role in every day phase, and was surprised nobody even picked up on it.  I was expecting at least one person on a computer to put it together pretty quickly.

But I also knew that once La Hareng Rouge was killed, someone (most likely Gerrick since he was alive throughout) would figure it out almost instantly.  Since there's no barring sharing the clues, they could point out the story patterns to others, and I'd be figured out.  Tau actually proved that just hinting at a pattern in the stories could give it away, as he figured it out pretty instantly in our Dead PM (called the Grand Wolf's Fireside Dinner Chat).

I will say, this was actually semi difficult for a mix of reasons:
    *I had to come up with clues that would eventually implicate me, but would also implicate La Hareng Rouge (aka The Red Herring).
    >>La Hareng Rouge had to essentially be his own personality.  We'd share somewhat similar writing styles, but they'd also be a smidge different to diffuse speculation.  The most difficult of this was making sure we didn't post at similar times, or that we didn't even pop up on the forums at the same time.  In case anyone is wondering, the picture I posted as him was a random guy from Grindr.  I had to make sure it wasn't one that someone could do a reverse-image search for (but LHR had to be as legit as possible).
    *I also had to be always aware which person I was posting as, lest I accidentally end a phase as him, or post to vote off a person as myself.
    *I also had to go into each post as La Hareng Rouge pretty much forgetting all of the roles.  Meaning every post that you saw from him was pretty much me/him going into it fresh.  Every argument made was an actual argument, some that I'd normally make in previous games when it comes to the trivial things.  Any bandwagon made was an actual bandwagon, rather than knowingly going into it to get a certain role killed off.  Barnes' lynch, for instance, was purely typical me trying to save myself from getting voted off.  I was actually half expecting that it would have been more likely to get LHR lynched, since my defensive arguments tend to have a habit of doing that.
    *I actually had to discard my original story for this new one, and had to make it somewhat coherent enough even though it was completely centered around making the pattern for each clue work.  So if the style seems a bit odd, that's why.  It was strictly clues first, and then write the story to follow each letter decently enough.

Any questions? :D
    4 people like this post: Aethelia, Mathyland, Hydra, taulover
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:58:28 PM by Coco Bandicoot »
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • Wait wait wait. So not only were you the Grand Wolf, you're also La Hareng Rouge?

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Mathyland
  • Citizen
  • Wintreath's Potato Archbishop and Official Grammar Police
  • Wait wait wait. So not only were you the Grand Wolf, you're also La Hareng Rouge?
    Yep, he was The Red Herring (La Hareng Rouge is French for the red herring I think)
    Résumé

Hogwarts NS:

Co-WA Delegate: June 13, 2016-present
    Hufflepuff student: April 9, 2016-present
    House points earned: 7 (Also, 40 points were a group effort, so I earned part of that as well)
    Host of Death Eaters II

Wintreath:

Citizen: September 6, 2016-present

Underhusen Terms
    The 21st Underhusen
    The 22nd Underhusen
    The 23rd Underhusen - secretary
    The 24th Underhusen
    The 25th Underhusen
    The 26th Underhusen
    The 27th Underhusen

Other:

NationStates nation: March 11, 2016-present

[/i]
    Mathyland
    • Wintreath's Potato Archbishop and Official Grammar Police
    • Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Wait, you applied for Citizenship on a duplicate account?
    1 person likes this post: taulover

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Pretty sure I mentioned that to you in our very first chat after I gave out the roles.  o_O.

Naturally, you can revoke said citizenship since he'll just be gathering dust anyways since the game is over.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi

Yep.

La Hareng Rouge, aka The Red Herring...simply was just that.  :))
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Huh, and for awhile I was just thinking "Ugh, there's two people who type two spaces after a period, one more and I'm out of here". Good to know it's back to one.
    1 person likes this post: taulover
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Huh, and here I was just thinking "Ugh, there's two people who type two spaces after a period, one more and I'm out of here". Good to know it's back to one.

That...actually bothers you? o_O
    1 person likes this post: Imaginative Kane
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Well not really that much, or at least now I'm more upset that even though I was just watching this mafia game, that I didn't think of this possibility earlier. Wish I could say "I knew all along" but I didn't make that connection even though pattern recognition is supposed to be part of my job.
    1 person likes this post: Michi
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Michi
  • Well not really that much, or at least now I'm more upset that even though I was just watching this mafia game, that I didn't think of this possibility earlier. Wish I could say "I knew all along" but I didn't make that connection even though pattern recognition is supposed to be part of my job.

It's pretty unheard of.  I think this is the first Mafia/Werewolf game I've ever seen/been a part of that had the host as the bad guy, since it's usually difficult for them to actually place themselves inside of the game.
    My Wintreath Resumé
    Michi
    • Pronouns
      Any except it/its
      Orientation
      Michisexual <3
      Familial House
      Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Gerrick
  • :o Holy shit, that's a whole nother level. You put a ton of work into this. Well done, man. Well done.

And I won, too! :D

Duke of Wintreath and Count of Janth
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock
    Curriculum Vitae
    Citizen: 15 November 2015 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: December 2015
    Recruitment Contest Winner: January 2016
    Secretary of the 14th Underhusen: 8 February 2016 - 8 April 2016
    RP Guild Councillor: 9 February 2016 - 24 February 2017
    Recruitment Contest Winner: April 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: April 2016
    Ambassador to Nesapo: 5 July 2016 - 13 March 2017
    Jarl of Culture: 30 November 2016 - 13 September 2019
    Wintreath's Finest: November 2016
    Wintreath's Finest: February 2017
    Count of Janth: 17 September 2017 - present
    Patriarch of the Noble House of Burdock: 17 September 2017 - present
    Recruitment Contest Winner: September 2017
    Duke of Wintreath: 13 September 2019 - present
    Wintreath's Finest: September 2019
    Skrifa of the 37th Underhusen: 8 December 2019 - 8 February 2020
    Wintreath's Finest of the Year: 2019
    Commendation of Wintreath: 27 June 2020
    Citizens' Council Member: 14 September 2020 - 8 March 2021
    Skrifa of the 43rd Underhusen: 9 December 2020 - 8 February 2021 🔥

Alder of the Riksraad: 7 June 2021 - 17 June 2021
    Jarl of Culture: 17 June 2021 - 14 November 2021
    Alder of the Riksraad: 14 November 2021 - 1 March 2022
    Regional Stability Squad: 27 February 2023 - present
    Gerrick
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Bisexual
      Familial House
      Burdock
      Wintreath Nation
    Wintermoot
  • Pretty sure I mentioned that to you in our very first chat after I gave out the roles.  o_O.
    I remember you saying La Hareng Rouge was the decoy, but I don't remember anything about you being behind him. I'll review the chat when I get home, though.

What's disturbing though is that the the security checks didn't catch this, even though it should easily have done so. =/

Wintermoot
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Orientation
      Demisexual
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10