Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 12

EMPOWERED ISSUE #1: "Innocence Lost"

Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • “Transportation is not a mirror’s forte,” Optical mused. “The FBI as the agent said is attempting to distance themselves from the case, so they likely would not appreciate us asking to borrow a plane. Unless they prioritize solving the case over distance... who knows? Unless one of us has a plane hidden away, we may be better off splitting for now and meeting at the hospital."

Optical steepled her fingers, glancing for a moment at Arcadia's sword and Thurmond's axes.

“...Perhaps it may be worth asking for a lift, if it makes things easier,” she said. “Or we could just borrow a plane without asking, if someone here knows how to fly one. No, wait, that would certainly upset people. Unless they would prefer us asking forgiveness rather than permission, to accomodate for how they wish for us to act independently… or maybe that would be unnecessary, and travel by land would be better... or there may be a cape somewhere who can teleport us, though that seems unlikely....” Optical’s voice trailed off as she thought.
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • “Transportation is not a mirror’s forte,” Optical mused. “The FBI as the agent said is attempting to distance themselves from the case, so they likely would not appreciate us asking to borrow a plane. Unless they prioritize solving the case over distance... who knows? Unless one of us has a plane hidden away, we may be better off splitting for now and meeting at the hospital."

Optical steepled her fingers, glancing for a moment at Arcadia's sword and Thurmond's axes.

“...Perhaps it may be worth asking for a lift, if it makes things easier,” she said. “Or we could just borrow a plane without asking, if someone here knows how to fly one. No, wait, that would certainly upset people. Unless they would prefer us asking forgiveness rather than permission, to accomodate for how they wish for us to act independently… or maybe that would be unnecessary, and travel by land would be better... or there may be a cape somewhere who can teleport us, though that seems unlikely....” Optical’s voice trailed off as she thought.

"Transportation you say Mmm I guess if we had a plane that would be fun to try I've always wanted to fly a plane" with a crazy look in Arcadia's eyes "one of you find a plane and I try and fly it ahahah" Arcadia feeling ok now looks at Daniel "Mmm I think you can find a plane AhaHaha" Arcadia turns away from Thurmond " you think you can win against me? one day maybe we'll see" Arcadia goes and sits down and starts reading a book
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Thurmond chuckled at the thought then turned to others.
    "I can pilot a helicopter, any land vehicle, or any sea vessel, and I have some previous erm "clients" that owe me some favors. If you don't mind some literal blood and sweat put into the obtaining of such transportation, then we can get one with little problem." Thurmond awaited for a response and takes a seat on a nearby bench and sending little lighting bolts between his fingers.
    « Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:31:34 PM by Cinciri »
    Cinciri
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Mesmer isn't especially interested in the mode of transportation, but has a preference for an option that doesn't involve sitting next to one her new morally questionable companions.
    Though, something basic that won't draw too much attention to a group of supers suddenly showing up may be desired.
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • (Not) Not the Fourth King of Ainur
  • "Y'know that sounds great and all," Daniel said, rising from a bench he had been sitting on to keep himself from getting dizzy, "but I just decided to look up some rental places, and appartently there's one right by the hospital. I say we ought to take an uber or two over there and split up. Me and Thor over here can look for clues at the hospital while the bunch of ya that didn't wanna go can look for a van."
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • "Isn't it an eight hour drive to Las... Never mind," Optical said. "Driving seems fine to me, though my preference would be something fast and easily accessible. And has minimal chance of us crashing before we are halfway there."
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • Suddenly, every superhuman that the FBI had contacted received a text message from Agent McGrath, with whom they had exchanged contact information earlier.

>Drop whatever you're doing and make your way to San Francisco. We found him there, but there's an issue. Get to SF ASAP and we will brief you there.
    1 person likes this post: Aethelia
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Thurmond read the message then quickly opened up a special application on his phone, exclaiming "Seems we have no time to deliberate, I will get us a van and will drive us there, it is only one hour drive." With that he began typing madly, a few threats here, a few bribes there and within 20 minutes a modified van pulled up to the location. Thurmond exchanged a few words with the man in the vehicle, who got up and ran off. "All aboard my new friends, we are going on one of those...what do they call it.....Roadtrip!" he stated and promptly got in the front seat. The back of the van was visibly modified for use as a troop transport, with lines of seating all around and a small table in the middle. Just ask Thurmond had warned earlier there were visible bloodstains on some of the interior walls, but the vehicle did smell freshly cleaned and fabreezed.
    1 person likes this post: Ashton Mercer
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Elbbsas
  • Citizen
  • Blast. So much for the hospital. Another time, maybe. Optical pocketed her notebook and followed after Thurmond.

Her eyebrows rose as she took a seat in the back. "I was not expecting the table," she remarked.
    Elbbsas
    • Citizen
    • Familial House
      Kaizer
      Wintreath Nation
    Fayt
  • Former Citizen
  • "Mmm a van a bit slow but ok" Arcadia gets in the back of the van upset that he didn't fly a plane...
    Fayt
    • Former Citizen
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Daniel took one look at the back of the van and said "I call shotgun", where he promptly put his feet on the dash and started smoking (again).
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Doc
  • Citizen
  • Aztech had just been on patrol around Santa Monica, soaking up some sun, when Mefisto zoomed in out of the sky like the fist of a very unhappy god, smashed him through a building or three, then threw him a mile or five down the boulevard. That all happened in about 4 very confused seconds, which, (he didn't know whether luckily or unluckily) was not the hardest he'd ever been hit. He'd blame Suit's sensor package, but Mefisto had never shown up on them before anyway. Stupid demons.
    At any rate, Suit was screaming a damage assessment at him: aerial stabilizers offline, HUD was messed up something fierce (even messed up battery life display, it was flickering between 97% and 43% every two seconds like clockwork), goo gun gummed up from a misfire, thermal lance optics defocused and functioning at 40% efficiency, shielding was flickering (meaning the capacitors were probably out of alignment). Suit said he'd need about four minutes for self-repair to get everything going again, but that probably meant ten or so since Mefisto wasn't exactly keen on letting up, and he wasn't going to try and go Green and get to somewhere safe a couple miles out to fix himself up without the stabilizers. He'd just fall out of the sky and have more problems to fix up.
    At any rate, Suit's self-repair protocols were burning current like it was going out of style, which was a pretty big part of what was keeping Aztech in the game here. Hopefully he could just channel his inner Ali and just float like a butterfly for a couple minutes, just long enough for the shock gloves to get a good charge up, then he could start swinging back. Mefisto didn't have a whole lot of staying power once he started getting hit. Glass jaw, or glass cannon, or something his nephew was always saying. Glass definitely featured in there somewhere.
    "I will tear that mask off your face, pendejo, and then all the world will know that you have been dishonored at my hands!" his opponent roared, spittle flying out of a mouth with far too many teeth that were far too sharp, and unfortunately spattering on the faceplate, even as he nailed Aztech with another glancing blow that still cracked the plating on his upper forearm.

A demon luchadore. It wasn't the weirdest gimmick out there, not by a long shot, but god-damn if he wasn't a heavy hitter for someone who was, at best, a C-list villain (The Times had a table of his villains over the years, and public opinion had shelved Mefisto pretty far down in the C-list. This town made a spectacle out of everything.). Frankly, he'd probably try to figure out a more permanent solution to this problem (an exorcism or something? Did those work on demons, or was that just ghosts?), if it wasn't for the fact that Mefisto was 1) incredibly stupid most of the time, 2) not all that big a threat anyway. Guy just wanted a fight every now and then, and sure, souls or whatever, but luckily he was a pretty lousy dealmaker. Really, if he'd just pick these fights somewhere where Aztech didn't need to worry about 'property damage' or 'innocent bystanders', he'd be a lot happier to slug it out with him. The desert or something. Send a letter a couple days in advance, you know, get an RSVP.
    "Thermal lance at 98% and powered up; shock gloves at 85%," Suit notified him even as Mefisto delivered an uppercut that launched him a couple hundred feet up. "Breastplate at 43% integrity. Rerouting repair nanites. Additionally, you have a call from LAW HQ."
    Great. Probably Shrike looking to vent at him about that 'Detroit Firebug' again.
    "Can you get them to hold? I'm kind of in the middle of something."
    "Flagged: Urgent."
    Dammit. Definitely Shrike. He was already groaning even as he cratered into the asphalt below him, and Mefisto pulled back his fist, crowing his exultation at 'finally unmasking the Son of Quetzalcoatl' or whatever stupid thing he was thinking today, before a 50-mW pulse from the thermal lance punched him center mass, a look of confusion blooming on his face even as Aztech knocked all the expression off it with a fist of his own and the 200,000 volt door gift it brought with it (a little something extra to really blow the lights out, since it wasn't like a little electricity was going to kill a proper demon anyway).
    As Mefisto slumped insensate to the ground, a few tendrils of static still playing off his mask, Aztech let out a sigh. "Accept the call. I'll need to arrange pickup for this lug anyway."
    Proud Burner
    Doc
    • it's karma, man
    • Citizen
    • Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Thurmond started up the van as people got in, and as they drove he began addressing some comments. "The table is usually for either cardgames, illegal dealings, or occasionally a great place to shove a non-cooperating fellow's face in a few times to get them talking. Underneath is usually an icebox, should have some waters, which granted are usually used for waterboarding, but it is just bottled water so feel free to drink some." Turning to David, Thurmond reached in a secret compartment in between the two and pulled out a cooler of assorted alcohol and said "Of all our....coworkers, I think we will get along fairly well." And gave the man free reign of said cooler.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:47:43 PM by Cinciri »
    Cinciri
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation
    Justinian Ezkantion
  • Former Citizen
  • Thurmond started up the van as people got in, and as they drove he began addressing some comments. "The table is usually for either cardgames, illegal dealings, or occasionally a great place to shove a non-cooperating fellow's face in a few times to get them talking. Underneath is usually an icebox, should have some waters, which granted are usually used for waterboarding, but it is just bottled water so feel free to drink some." Turning to David, Thurmond reached in a secret compartment in between the two and pulled out a cooler of assorted alcohol and said "Of all our....coworkers, I think we will get along fairly well." And gave the man free reign of said cooler.
    "Keep giving me free beer" Daniel said, smiling with contentment, "and that prediction just might come true."
    Daniel wondered if maybe Thurmond was going to be a decent partner in this venture. One who might actually see the necessity of doing what had to be done. Still, he figured he'd at least keep playing a little dumber than he actually was, you never knew with these other supers when someone was planning something.
    Justinian Ezkantion
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Aethelia
  • Former Citizen
  • Ethereal Dream
  • Apparently, if I don't participate enough in the scene transition parts, I'll be relegated to "and many more" in the Orendi, so I suppose I'll try adding something to this scene instead of waiting for the next...

Smoking, and now alcohol... even if Maya were old enough to accept, the answer would be no.
    Still, in the spirit of sharing things, she offers some of the novels and textbooks for reading to pass the time... not expecting any positive answers.
    Though perhaps it could be interesting, both as a way to prove her own powers to the others in case any of them doubt her just looking at her, and as a way to learn about her new... friends? Maybe not. Coworkers? That will do... she can entertain anyone under the influence with some easy illusions, and see how they react as a scientific test of behavior.
    Aethelia
    • Ethereal Dream
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      She/Her/Hers
      Familial House
      No
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 12