Pages: 1 ... 11 [12]

EMPOWERED ISSUE #1: "Innocence Lost"

Ashton Mercer
  • Former Citizen
  • icy hot
  • -snip-
    Optical stood under a mirror shard, neatly deflecting the rain, and was eyeing the various guns with some concern.

She cleared her throat. "Mirrors cannot cover every angle and their aim can move faster than I. I will do my best, but you should not act as if you are invincible. I will prioritize those of us near the dragon." Optical then frowned. "Please don't try to shoot through the mirrors either. Other than that, I am prepared."
    ”Understood. We’ll only be really needing your cover when we need to move positions. The idea is to smoke most of them out, and take out the ones that won’t surrender.” Agent McGrath coughed. “Hopefully your shield won’t be needed too much.”
    -snorp-
    Thurmond nodded at Elbbsas. "Ja, it is important to realize that even we are not invincible either, so do not get calm if we charge in. If you do not help us, we could die, and if we don't, but get hurt, I'll be angry at you." He said, unironically. "Shall we begin?"
    ”I believe we shall.”
    “O-One last t-thing,” said a nervous Agent Jenkins. “T-This operation has a, uh, a significant psy-, uh, psychological element to i-it. It s-seems unlikely th-that Andrew w-will come with, uh, with us willingly a-as things s-stand now. P-Part of our, uh, our job i-is to c-convince Andrew to, uh, to submit to police c-custody, so w-we can p-protect him.”
    “Alright everyone, we’re gonna need to make sure Andrew is calm through the whole thing as well. A tall feat, but one which we need to try at. Now, let’s get a move on.”

The police and the superheroes boarded a convoy of squad cars and SWAT vehicles, which rumbled their way down a long gravel road. After fifteen minutes of driving through rain and thick forest, the cars stopped.
    “Alright, this is it,” said Agent McGrath over the radio. “Let’s do this carefully.”

Everyone exited their vehicles. In the distance, a large fence and a gate was barely visible, the entrance to the terrorist compound. The police drew their weapons and began to approach...
    Ashton Mercer
    • icy hot
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Wintreath Nation
    Cinciri
  • Former Citizen
  • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
  • Thurmond pulled his axes and followed. He felt in his prime environment. A little warm granted, but the rain was fitting. He electrified the air slightly, causing hair to raise in those surrounding him, yet doing no harm. He got ready for the break in, and a almost charging stance. He had a score to settle with that dragon.
    Cinciri
    • Adate'lore of Yaim Rusur
    • Munit oyacyir te verda be Wintreath!
    • Former Citizen
    • Pronouns
      He/Him/His
      Familial House
      Noble House of Valeria
      Wintreath Nation

Pages: 1 ... 11 [12]